Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

"Unbiased" Peach Bowl Preview ...

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Matchups never matter ... and there's no question the end of the year USC >>>>>>>>>>> start of year SC
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Ha,
    http://www.tonysoftli.com/about-tony-softli/

Just called WASHINGTON win. Says, national media lazy, wrong in much of their analysis, overrating Alabama talent while under rating Washington talent.

• Options
    AlCzervikAlCzervik Member Posts: 1,774
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer

AlCzervik said:

AlCzervik said:

Mad_Son said:

H_D said:

Here is a simple, quick analysis. This game, like all others, comes down to the trenches. If Washington can keep Anderson, Williams, Payne, Tomlinson and Allen from living in the backfield, Washington will be able to move the ball and better control the game. The same goes for Alabama. If they can own the trenches on offense, they can better move the ball and control the clock and dictate what Washington has to do defensively and offensively. Simple

Totally agree!!! We? average a weight of 332 across the line, and they are ready to dominate the line of scrimmage. MacGeary, Tray Adams, Center, Ossai, Bulyca. These boys have an attitude and are ready to rumble!!!
    Our offensive line is pretty stout too. They are strong and quick. The true indicator will be the speed of Washington's defensive line. Being big is good, but you need the speed to go along with it
    Some light reading for you

https://www.google.com/search?q=5+reasons+ossai&oq=5+reasons+ossai&aqs=chrome..69i57.6360j0j4&client=ms-android-sprint-us&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8
    Serious question: From your perspective, what did USC do to dominate and control the game earlier this season?
    Probably the opposite of what USC did when they lost by 17 to a team UW beat 44-6. CHRIST.

myteamisbetterthanyourteam.com/default.asp?sport=CFB&winner=Washington&loser=Alabama&year=2016&method=2

http://www.myteamisbetterthanyourteam.com/default.asp?sport=CFB&winner=Alabama&loser=Washington&year=2016&method=2
    You missed the point.
    The link you posted was clearly stupid
    Yes.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2016
    Tequilla said:

Matchups never matter ... and there's no question the end of the year USC >>>>>>>>>>> start of year SC

You're like a long winded version of more_cock in this thread. There is nothing new for you to analyze or give an opinion on. The thread is 7 fucking pages with at least a page by you, and that's not counting words.
  • Options
    SecfansSecfans Member Posts: 44
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment
    Tequilla said:

It's the worst game UW played all year by a wide margin ... in the long run, probably good for them to have gone through it

Honest question, not being a dick.

Isn't it somewhat telling that the "worst game UW played all year" coincided with the only really good team you played all year? This isn't an "SEC good, PAC bad" comment, as Bama played their share of turds this season. But you only faced one good team this year (no Colorado doesn't count).

I ask this because we're having a really hard time giving this UW team proper context. Like 2014 Ohio St, it's so hard to know who this team is because on one hand, your schedule was seriously trash...on the other hand, you wrecked your entire schedule. People don't understand how hard it is to play a 13 game schedule and have 1 loss and one other game that was at all in doubt.

You can't help that other teams on your schedule sucked. All you could do is go out and take care of business. But the showing against USC would have me wondering if that game was the result of finally playing a good team and that's who UW really is, or if it was just a bad day.

I tend to think it's the latter, it's just so hard to tell.

• Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,098
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

Mad_Son said:

Mad_Son said:

H_D said:

Here is a simple, quick analysis. This game, like all others, comes down to the trenches. If Washington can keep Anderson, Williams, Payne, Tomlinson and Allen from living in the backfield, Washington will be able to move the ball and better control the game. The same goes for Alabama. If they can own the trenches on offense, they can better move the ball and control the clock and dictate what Washington has to do defensively and offensively. Simple

Totally agree!!! We? average a weight of 332 across the line, and they are ready to dominate the line of scrimmage. MacGeary, Tray Adams, Center, Ossai, Bulyca. These boys have an attitude and are ready to rumble!!!
    Our offensive line is pretty stout too. They are strong and quick. The true indicator will be the speed of Washington's defensive line. Being big is good, but you need the speed to go along with it

https://www.google.com/search?q=5+reasons+ossai&oq=5+reasons+ossai&aqs=chrome..69i57.6360j0j4&client=ms-android-sprint-us&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8
    Serious question: From your perspective, what did USC do to dominate and control the game earlier this season?
    Nothing. I 100% fully believe we handed them the game with terrible offensive playcalling. USC was playing well and have a lot of talent. They played a good game with good players but did not dominate. The defense held them to 24 points despite spending all day on the field. The issue was our offense was asked to only do the things they couldn't do.

We barely ran the ball, and when asked to they were lateral runs. USC, like Alabama, is too fast and athletic to run lateral on. After a few failed, bad run calls, the run game was abandoned.

We put ourselves behind early by trying to force trick plays and deep balls. USC was too athletic to get away with forcing trick plays. Like everyone other than our offensive coordinator knows you have to set those up through actually passing football first. He was told that teams with explosive plays win but he does not understand that is correlative, not casual, so he tries to manufacture them. Same thing goes for deep balls. Browning is not good at deep balls but he was asked to throw them early and often. John ross can run circles beneath an under thrown deep ball against Cal but not a team like USC or Bama. Deep balls were a constant play call the second half, getting increasingly desperate.

The key to beating USC for us was to stick to our strengths, take what was given, and only go for a big play once it was properly set up. We did nothing of the sort though.
    The thing I think that you are missing is that setting up the run sets up other plays later in the game. When the run game is nullified it hampers the OC and disrupts the offensive game plan. If a team becomes one demensional they are a lot easier to beat
    Seriously? It's easier to defend one dimensional offenses?

We were never in a position through 3 quarters where we had to abandon the run. Even if it is just picking up 2 or 3 you have to be willing to stick with it to keep a defense honest. Lavon Coleman I believe had 2 carries during the game.

The other thing not mentioned is that was the week Jeff Tedford (our offensive consultant) took the Fresno job ... my guess is that Pete has had more of a hand in the game planning since the USC game
    This. The oc shut down the run, not usc. We never attempted to establish it. Jonathan SmithFS wanted to use trick plays to set up the run but when trick plays and deep balls didn't work be kept pushing them. At no point did we ever make a real effort to establish a run to have it shut down. USC didn't have to make us one dimensional because we only attacked one dimensionally
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

AlCzervik said:

AlCzervik said:

Mad_Son said:

H_D said:

Probably the opposite of what USC did when they lost by 17 to a team UW beat 44-6. CHRIST.

myteamisbetterthanyourteam.com/default.asp?sport=CFB&winner=Washington&loser=Alabama&year=2016&method=2

http://www.myteamisbetterthanyourteam.com/default.asp?sport=CFB&winner=Alabama&loser=Washington&year=2016&method=2
    You missed the point.
    I think you are trying to down play the common opponent point. The link you posted was clearly stupid because Bama beat the holy hell out of Mississippi State. Mississippi State also didn't have Chad Kelly. I know you all will harp on USC changing QBs, but QBs don't play defense. They just couldn't stop Bama.
    They started 1-3 and finished without losing another game. That's a different team on both offense and defense.

With that said there was still no excuse for that loss, it was our worst performance of the year at the wrong time. Poor gameplanning, poor execution, and browning cost us at least 1 maybe 2 td's with his dead arm.
    If 2nd half of the year browning doesn't improve with the time off we have no chance, but I think he will
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,993
    Founders Club
    Mad_Son said:

Tequilla said:

Mad_Son said:

Mad_Son said:

H_D said:

Nothing. I 100% fully believe we handed them the game with terrible offensive playcalling. USC was playing well and have a lot of talent. They played a good game with good players but did not dominate. The defense held them to 24 points despite spending all day on the field. The issue was our offense was asked to only do the things they couldn't do.

We barely ran the ball, and when asked to they were lateral runs. USC, like Alabama, is too fast and athletic to run lateral on. After a few failed, bad run calls, the run game was abandoned.

We put ourselves behind early by trying to force trick plays and deep balls. USC was too athletic to get away with forcing trick plays. Like everyone other than our offensive coordinator knows you have to set those up through actually passing football first. He was told that teams with explosive plays win but he does not understand that is correlative, not casual, so he tries to manufacture them. Same thing goes for deep balls. Browning is not good at deep balls but he was asked to throw them early and often. John ross can run circles beneath an under thrown deep ball against Cal but not a team like USC or Bama. Deep balls were a constant play call the second half, getting increasingly desperate.

The key to beating USC for us was to stick to our strengths, take what was given, and only go for a big play once it was properly set up. We did nothing of the sort though.
    The thing I think that you are missing is that setting up the run sets up other plays later in the game. When the run game is nullified it hampers the OC and disrupts the offensive game plan. If a team becomes one demensional they are a lot easier to beat
    Seriously? It's easier to defend one dimensional offenses?

We were never in a position through 3 quarters where we had to abandon the run. Even if it is just picking up 2 or 3 you have to be willing to stick with it to keep a defense honest. Lavon Coleman I believe had 2 carries during the game.

The other thing not mentioned is that was the week Jeff Tedford (our offensive consultant) took the Fresno job ... my guess is that Pete has had more of a hand in the game planning since the USC game
    This. The oc shut down the run, not usc. We never attempted to establish it. Jonathan SmithFS wanted to use trick plays to set up the run but when trick plays and deep balls didn't work be kept pushing them. At no point did we ever make a real effort to establish a run to have it shut down. USC didn't have to make us one dimensional because we only attacked one dimensionally
    The stat line tells part of the story.

RBs got 17 carries. Browning threw the ball 36 times.

The rest of the story is that Coleman only had 2 of those carries, both in the first half, and Gaskin only had 4 carries in the second half. UW did not run the ball the last 4 possessions.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Secfans said:

Tequilla said:

It's the worst game UW played all year by a wide margin ... in the long run, probably good for them to have gone through it

Honest question, not being a dick.

Isn't it somewhat telling that the "worst game UW played all year" coincided with the only really good team you played all year? This isn't an "SEC good, PAC bad" comment, as Bama played their share of turds this season. But you only faced one good team this year (no Colorado doesn't count).

I ask this because we're having a really hard time giving this UW team proper context. Like 2014 Ohio St, it's so hard to know who this team is because on one hand, your schedule was seriously trash...on the other hand, you wrecked your entire schedule. People don't understand how hard it is to play a 13 game schedule and have 1 loss and one other game that was at all in doubt.

You can't help that other teams on your schedule sucked. All you could do is go out and take care of business. But the showing against USC would have me wondering if that game was the result of finally playing a good team and that's who UW really is, or if it was just a bad day.

I tend to think it's the latter, it's just so hard to tell.

Cherry picking one game is dangerous. Virginia Tech was pretty bad the year Ohio State won the title.

Ole Miss has given you trouble the past three years. None of those team's were world beaters not is Hugh Freeze a good coach.

So, the USC loss looks bad considering Alabama beat them 52-3. UW would probably plunger Ole Miss, but I wouldn't think we were beating Alabama because you had a tough time with them.
  • Options
    SecfansSecfans Member Posts: 44
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment

So, the USC loss looks bad considering Alabama beat them 52-3. UW would probably plunger Ole Miss, but I wouldn't think we were beating Alabama because you had a tough time with them.

Oh I'm not thinking that at all. I've already said here that transitive property only works across a body of work, not one isolated game with isolated circumstances. I wasn't asking in relation to how Alabama handled them, but more in the frame of - that's the only good team you played.

Alabama lost to Ole Miss last year, but played like 10 bowl teams (who went 8-2 or something in their bowls). It's just hard to know who this UW team is considering it's one year removed from 7-6 and played such a bad schedule.

But like 2014 OSU, outside of the one loss, UW rolled right through their schedule.

• Options
    AlCzervikAlCzervik Member Posts: 1,774
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer

AlCzervik said:

AlCzervik said:

Mad_Son said:

H_D said:

You missed the point.
    I think you are trying to down play the common opponent point. The link you posted was clearly stupid because Bama beat the holy hell out of Mississippi State. Mississippi State also didn't have Chad Kelly. I know you all will harp on USC changing QBs, but QBs don't play defense. They just couldn't stop Bama.
    USC couldn't stop anybody early in the year. Even Stanford rushed for over 300 yards against USC (13 days later UW held Stanford to 29 yards rushing FWIW). This common opponent/transitive property analysis is beyond pointless.

Game's in two days. Well see then.
  • Options
    The USC exhibition game had zero impact on the Huskies season as evidenced by the fact Washington is two games away from winning the National Championship.

That scrimmage against USC's team speed gave UW an opportunity to prepare for Saturday
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Secfans said:

Oh I'm not thinking that at all. I've already said here that transitive property only works across a body of work, not one isolated game with isolated circumstances. I wasn't asking in relation to how Alabama handled them, but more in the frame of - that's the only good team you played.

Alabama lost to Ole Miss last year, but played like 10 bowl teams (who went 8-2 or something in their bowls). It's just hard to know who this UW team is considering it's one year removed from 7-6 and played such a bad schedule.

But like 2014 OSU, outside of the one loss, UW rolled right through their schedule.

Those Ole Miss teams have talent, but will always be poorly coached and undisciplined. They are more or less the same team every year.

UW is well coached, disciplined, and also has a lot of talent. There are a lot of future pro's starters on this UW team. That said, you guys are a juggernaut so while I think we can win, I don't really expect to.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dflea said:

salemcoog said:

Mad_Son said:

Mad_Son said:

H_D said:

Great write up.

Lemme shorten it up for ya.

They put a little pressure on our noodle arm QB and he shit the bed.
    It's funny that you decided to fag out HH this week since your shit team is done playing shit football for the year.

You should go kill yourself before your shit team starts playing shit football again next year.
    This place was fagged out long before I showed.

You sound stressed...

You should relax and have a smoke.
  • Options
    He has to work this week. Cut him a little slack.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    salemcoog said:

dflea said:

salemcoog said:

Mad_Son said:

Mad_Son said:

H_D said:

Great write up.

It's funny that you decided to fag out HH this week since your shit team is done playing shit football for the year.

You should go kill yourself before your shit team starts playing shit football again next year.

You sound stressed...

Your labia is awfully swollen, cuog.

Pull it together, or bring back our @beelzebub.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    salemcoog said:

dflea said:

salemcoog said:

Mad_Son said:

Mad_Son said:

H_D said:

Great write up.

You sound stressed...

You're struggling here.

You should die and see if that helps.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,720
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'll take a 2014 Ohio State result
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098

H_D said:

Agree with you 100% my friend. Speed, speed, speed. this is the fastest team Washington has had this century, maybe since 1991! John Ross XIV, Charlie McClutchins, Dwayne Warshington, Azeem Victor, Buttah Baker, Grayson Gunheim, Johnny Durocher, Cody Burns, Ossai, etc. The newbies will be inexperienced but we bring a new dimension that the program has not had in years, speed.