Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

"Unbiased" Peach Bowl Preview ...

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    The last comments tell me 1) that you don't understand what we do defensively and 2) as Dennis mentioned it is difficult to watch games and understand what happened
  • Options
    SecfansSecfans Member Posts: 44
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment
    Did I fucking stutter?
    No, I think you spoke a perfectly clear incorrect statement.
  • Options
    DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,482
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Stats are for losers. It's like revenge of the nerds in here. I just rolled over to your bama board. You guys are some cocky fucks. "We are so much more talented than them across the board it's pitiful." Seriously, fuck you and your fucking stats and your fucking entitled fans. The best part is Sark is your fucking OC next year. You have no idea how bad that is going to be. We lived through it. Sark is the X-factor in this game if he's giving any input on this game.

Secfans said:

We will stop the run. yes, I understand that is a profound statement for you to comprehend but it's going to come down to QB play if you want to score points on offense.
    Actually, you allow 82% of opponent averages rushing the ball. Which is good, it's not elite. But outside of Stanford, who was down two linemen, the decent running teams you faced (Arizona, Utah, Oregon, Oregon St) all hit around their averages (or exceeded them).

Alabama will run for 200+ and exceed 5 YPC.

Again, the game isn't unwinnable for Washington, but you're arguing the wrong thing here. The match up against Alabama's run game isn't good for you. Your offensive skill players against basically anyone is.

• Options
    AlCzervikAlCzervik Member Posts: 1,774
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer
    edited December 2016
    Secfans said:

That hit was enough to make him suck for a month? I don't think that's accurate. If so, I'm going to really start thinking the PAC 12 is soft. It's more likely that Oregon sucked this year. Like really really bad. And they finally started getting a little bit more continuity and identity under Herbert towards the end of the year - given that Washington was Herbert's first start.

Against the games following Washington he went 15 carries (CAL), 17 carries (ASU), 10 carries + 2 receptions (USC). Which is about average for him to that point in the season.

And if you think Alabama's running game is in any way comparable to Oregon's, you've not watched much football. It's completely different.

This has to be Tequilla using an alt handle.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Does this guy realize 13 teams in the SEC lost at least four games this year? It's not vastly superior to anything anymore (it never was). "In the SEC, you'll get run over if you don't have at least five NFL players in your front seven." Christ.
  • Options
    Miley_CyrusMiley_Cyrus Member Posts: 793
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Fast forwarded a few minutes into that video and heard him say our DL is "small". Sure.gif

I'd call our DL a lot of things but small isn't one of them. Maybe if you include Wooching but he's really an LB.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Secfans said:

Did I fucking stutter?
    No, I think you spoke a perfectly clear incorrect statement.

I don't think anyone that brags about supported Browning for Heisman should be popping off about incorrect statements.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Stats are for losers. It's like revenge of the nerds in here.
    Eh. How teams compare against a season full of unit averages is pretty telling. I'm at least supporting my positions with more than 'because I like UW so I really want it to be true'
    I just rolled over to your bama board. You guys are some cocky fucks.
    Yeah, y'all are a big ol sack of humble over here. Wait...
    Does this guy realize 13 teams in the SEC lost at least four games this year? It's not vastly superior to anything anymore (it never was).
    Yeah, nothing says you're a great conference like having a couple of teams who beat everyone, and the entire rest of the conference is trash. And those teams who beat everyone in conference couldn't beat anyone out of conference. Name your big OOC win this year, hell name a good team the PAC12 played competitively out of conference (Eastern Washington loss doesn't count). UCLA's OT loss to TAMU was the best win you had. But Rosen barely played the conf slate this year...

Your South champion got jail sexed by Michigan. Your South runner up lost 52-6 to us. Your best OOC win was Idaho, and your North runner up lost to EWU, Boise, and now Minnesota.

Kentucky has a better OOC win than anyone in the PAC12.
    I don't think anyone that brags about supported Browning for Heisman should be popping off about incorrect statements.
    You missed the point of why I made that comment...like entirely.

• Options
    Secfans said:

Stats are for losers. It's like revenge of the nerds in here.
    Eh. How teams compare against a season full of unit averages is pretty telling. I'm at least supporting my positions with more than 'because I like UW so I really want it to be true'
    I just rolled over to your bama board. You guys are some cocky fucks.
    Yeah, y'all are a big ol sack of humble of here. Wait...
    Does this guy realize 13 teams in the SEC lost at least four games this year? It's not vastly superior to anything anymore (it never was).
    Yeah, nothing says you're a great conference like having a couple of teams who beat everyone, and the entire rest of the conference is trash. And those teams who beat everyone in conference couldn't beat anyone out of conference. Name your big OOC win this year, hell name a good team the PAC12 played competitively out of conference (Eastern Washington loss doesn't count). UCLA's OT loss to TAMU was the best win you had. But Rosen barely played the conf slate this year...

Your South champion got jail sexed by Michigan. Your South runner up lost 52-6 to us. Your best OOC win was Idaho, and your North runner up lost to EWU, Boise, and now Minnesota.

Kentucky has a better OOC win than anyone in the PAC12.

Spreadsheets and OOC SOS talk...

I thought Bama fans knew footbaw???
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

The last comments tell me 1) that you don't understand what we do defensively and 2) as Dennis mentioned it is difficult to watch games and understand what happened

You've posted a couple of times here without providing any detail. Such is your right, I'm just a visitor. Just seems weird.

You cannot have listened to that 46 minute show and your takeaway was that you don't think we understand what you do defensively. I assume you're conflating my confidence in Alabama's run game having success against your defense with me not understanding what you do defensively. I can think Alabama will do well and still understand what you do completely. They are mutually exclusive.

It isn't difficult to watch games and understand what happened. I'm not sure I follow what you're saying here. Either it's so over the top condescending that I'm not getting it, or it's some inside baseball that I'm not following because of my lack of time here.
  • Options

Yeah, instead of supporting my positions, I should just say things are the way I see them because I said so.

How on earth did Wazzou win 7 straight in the PAC12? Tell me more about how bad the SEC is...
  • Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,999
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Secfans said:

So, SECFans.com is my website, and I'm the person shown in the video of debate.

I always say I'm willing to accept negative criticism when it's paired with actual debate. So let's have it...what did we say about Budda that was wrong?

Here's what we said:

1) They don't play 180lb safeties in the NFL (they don't). And that he projects as a CB in the NFL (he does). He might be playing around 190 now

Earl Thomas says hi
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Alexis said:

Earl Thomas says hi

Earl Thomas, the 5'10" 202 pound safety?
    Tequilla said:

The last comments tell me 1) that you don't understand what we do defensively

This is particularly interesting coming from someone who thinks we run Stanford's offense...Be honest, you haven't seen Bama play this year outside of the USC game.
  • Options
    DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,482
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    You can't have it both ways. Pac-12 sucks, only 2 good teams and then at the same time use stats to your defense when you're saying why you'll beat UW. If the conference sucks, the stats are invalid. SC was a much better team later in the season. Hope that helps. Maybe review the stats. Your conference sucks except for a few teams this year just like the pac-12 so honestly what do the stats mean? You beat the teams you were supposed to beat and we did, too, except for SC. I could understand using stats to underpin your arguments if we were in the same conference but that's not the case. By the way, I have a comp sci degree and 4.0'd Number Theory and Statistics so I am an ultimate numbers nerd but in this case, quite frankly, the numbers are somewhat irrelevant. So what's Bama's plan going to be to stop the UW offense? What dimension are you going to focus on shutting down? Do you think you can shut down both the run and pass game? Do stats tell you that's the case?
  • Options
    Secfans said:

Yeah, instead of supporting my positions, I should just say things are the way I see them because I said so.

How on earth did Wazzou win 7 straight in the PAC12? Tell me more about how bad the SEC is...

If you don't see the fundamental flaw in cfb stats, we can't fucking help you.

A cursory glance at the Cuogs schedule will answer your question for you.

The SEC and the Pac-12 both suck, except for Alabama and UW.

I hope this helps.
  • Options
    edited December 2016

You can't have it both ways. Pac-12 sucks, only 2 good teams and then at the same time use stats to your defense when you're saying why you'll beat UW. If the conference sucks, the stats are invalid. SC was a much better team later in the season. Hope that helps. Maybe review the stats. Your conference sucks except for a few teams this year just like the pac-12 so honestly what do the stats mean? You beat the teams you were supposed to beat and we did, too, except for SC. I could understand using stats to underpin your arguments if we were in the same conference but that's not the case. By the way, I have a comp sci degree and 4.0'd Number Theory and Statistics so I am an ultimate numbers nerd but in this case, quite frankly, the numbers are somewhat irrelevant. So what's Bama's plan going to be to stop the UW offense? What dimension are you going to focus on shutting down? Do you think you can shut down both the run and pass game? Do stats tell you that's the case?

I use opponent average stats. It completely neutralizes the "suck" factor. If you allow what your opponents do, on average, then you suck - regardless of how good or bad they do. Washington doesn't allow them to hit their averages, therefore does not suck. For someone who has a CS degree like I have, you sure are struggling with a basic concept. (That's sarcasm for levity btw...I'm just busting your balls)

SC was a much "better" team because they played a bunch of trash in their back half of their schedule. They were better under Darnold but they still have a crappy offensive line. Teams don't go from 52-6 to some world beaters within the same season. They still have holes in their non-Adoree secondary areas.

I've already said that UW's offensive skill players are the best collection Bama has faced this year. I've already conceded that the fast start, especially when paired with Alabama's slow start, is poised to give Alabama trouble.

Nobody runs on Alabama. Ever. You have two excellent backs that I assume will get more involved in space through the passing game than they will between the tackles. We're giving up 2 yards per carry this year and 40% of opponent average (you give up 82%). I imagine you'll have some success with a set of really good WRs against our patch work secondary. And I imagine you'll have some success matching up against our LB making his first start in replacement of a guy who blew his knee out against Florida.

You're arguing different things. I can think UW's offense can have success against Alabama while thinking that UW will struggle defending the Alabama run. These too are things that aren't mutually exclusive.

But seriously, congrats on the 4.0. I hated 100% of my theory math classes with a passion.

• Options

The SEC and the Pac-12 both suck, except for Alabama and UW.

I hope this helps.

Ha, that's actually a level of self-reflection I can appreciate. :)