Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Hugh thinks

Comments

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,700
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

The fastest way to lose to Bama is to abandon the run and start forcing the pass game.

RUN.THE.BALL.

Change tempo. Shift formations. Play field position.

Going full Leach with Brownsocks is recipe for disaster.

Tommy, there are reasons women hover in the kitchen during ball games. One, thats their place in life...two, they dont know anything about football or care to learn. Shut the flying fuck up with this nonsense and work on your bbq little smokies with the rest of the HH wives Pumpy just got done spraying on. I gotta be careful with you being in there though. Yikes!!! Just stick to controlling the hood fan. If I cum in get the hell outta there. You dont want a spritzer in the kisser and I dont wanna give you one. Hard to tell with your implants and progesterone treatments. Hopefully Jeramy will get you out the kitchen b4 Pup cums lookin for a mama to squeeze.
    Not surprised you agree with Hugh.

At all.
    Hugh is a nice fella. Tommy I was just jokin with you. Its Christmas time a nd I shouldnt be such a Grinch this year. Ffor what its worth Merry Holidays.
    Classy poast
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    How would Shaw play Bama
    There's so many fucking pussies in here it make me sick. Double tight end, Ross and Pettis one on one, Use Daniels and let Coleman and Gaskin chew up yards and time of possession
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

How would Shaw play Bama
    There's so many fucking pussies in here it make me sick. Double tight end, Ross and Pettis one on one, Use Daniels and let Coleman and Gaskin chew up yards and time of possession

Shaw would lose 58-3, but still.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

How would Shaw play Bama

there is a reason Shaw never plays bama or always comes up just short.
    You mean what LSU does every year and gets stuffed repeatedly?
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

How would Shaw play Bama

I always knew you were a fucking pussy
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    You guys are being way too technical. Here's what it
    comes down to. Figure Bama is gonna be in our red zone
    probably six times. Hold them to mostly field goals down there
    which is realistic because our defense can squeeze the field
    and we win 20-19. Their kicker misses 1 and they score
    1 touchdown. Get your money down sharps. Even if I'm
    off a bit you'll cover.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,801
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Tequilla said:

Not letting Bama score on defense and special teams is the key and featuring Browning should be good for 2 or 3 pick 6's

Score more points. Bama beats LSU 10-7 and shit. I'll take that game and have our defense win it.

The ceiling score for us winning is something like 27-24 ...

Defense needs to be the difference maker ... put them in positions to do so.

A consistent theme in Bama losses since 2011 has been turnovers (averaging 3 per game in losses) and missed FGs.

Finding some innovative ways to confuse their defense and hitting a few chunk plays in the process of doing so will go a long way to finding opportunities to get us some points. A score set up by special teams or the defense also a massive help.

But it is mission critical that we force them to drive full field repeatedly ... scores directly or indirectly from their defense or special teams makes an already steep hill that much steeper.

Many probably don't see a path to winning this game ... there have been more than a few times where teams in similar situations given zero chance of winning won the game.
    Have Bierra pull a Wagner and jump over the line to block a field goal.
  • Options
    Crimsonite1Crimsonite1 Member Posts: 98
    Name Dropper 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    89ute said:

Tequilla said:

doogie said:

If we run we're toast. No shot, he says.

We need line of scrimmage reads, pre- determined routes and quick release passes into space.

In other words, Hugh thinks that in order to have any shot at winning, we need to run Mike Leach''s offense and play like Cuogs???

Just out of curiosity, what would be your plan of attack against Bama? You're not going to be able to run it up the middle on them, they're too fast to run it east/west, and you won't have enough time to throw it deep. The quick pass game seems to me to be your best shot of moving the ball against them. I don't agree with much of what Hugh says but we're not going to impose our will on Bama in the run game
    You have to beat them by using motion/formations to your advantage to create advantageous situations.

You have to get them to react instead of dictate.

Their entire defense is built on stopping the run, getting pressure on the QB, and pressing short/intermediate routes because they don't expect to have to cover long.

I fully expect that they will pay a lot of attention to John Ross.

We need to be able to break our tendencies and that includes getting the ball out quickly ...

We need to find ways to get Gaskin the ball in space in situations ... this will happen in the passing game not the running game.

We will need to find opportunities to get Daniels the ball ... athletic TEs have given Bama some problems.

But most importantly, we need to be content with the idea that we're not going to win the game through our offense. We're going to win the game through defense and special teams. If there's a recurring theme(s) in the last 5 years, it's the following 2 things:

1) Turnovers Margin
    2) Very poor day for Bama kicking FGs

We need to be smart enough when it's 4th and 3 at the 38 to punt the ball inside the 10.

We need to be smart enough to know when picking up 8-10 yards on a 3rd and 20 is a potential free first down on our next possession.

We need to make sure we protect the ball at all costs ... look at what LSU did this year simply by not turning the ball over and relying on their defense ... scoreless into the 4th quarter.

We need to have a field position changing play in special teams ... Van Winkle needs to be the best kicker on the field (enough said about that) ... and we can't allow a punt block.

We need to play an A or A+ level game for us and force Alabama into something more in their B or C range. We have a lot of pieces that will give us at least a punchers chance.
    @Tequilla I think you're dead right when you say Worshington will not win with offense. If you look at the teams that have beaten Alabama since their rise, they're pretty much badass motherfuckers. Big arms, thick build, mobile and can run through a brick shit house. This description may not fit every guy on the list (Brian Johnson) but it pretty much does. One thing for certain, the QB is a mobile threat, either with the run or within the pocket or scrambling.

Chad Kelly Ole Miss 9-19-2015
    Cardale Jones Ohio St. 1-1-2015
    Bo Wallace Ole Miss 10-4-2014
    Trevor Knight OU 1-2-2014
    Nick Marshall Auburn 11-30-2013
    Johnny Manziel aTm 11-10-2012
    Jordan Jefferson LSU 11-5-2011
    Stephen Garcia So. Carolina 10-9-2010
    Jordan Jefferson and Jarrett Lee LSU 11-6-2010
    Cam Newton Auburn 11-26-2010
    Tim Tebow Florida 12-6-2008
    Brian Johnson Utah 1-2-2009

I respect Jake Browning and the Worshington offense but I don't see Jake in that list. At least 2016 Jake.

Another thing, remember Saban's bitching and moaning about fast pace offenses? Increased injuries bla bla bla ... the fucker can't defend those type of offenses and he does not want to play that way. He hates being spread out too, which I think you touched on. I think you've identified that Worshington can't play the type of offense that Alabama struggles with.

Furthermore, I think you've identified how your team can beat them.

I'm looking forward to the podcast, I hope you touch on the things I mentioned. If I'm totally off base with this, I'll gladly take a stiff FUCK OFF.
    You're several years behind times moron, just like every fool that thinks Bama still has trouble with HUNH RPO offenses. Bama runs that offense themselves now. As for defense Bama played against that type of offense in all but 3 games and is still the #1 defense in the nation. And you can forget about trying to play defense like LSU. You don't have the talent to copy LSU's defense, not to mention that LSU plays Bama tougher than anybody. Just check their schedule and compare scores of all their mediocre opponents against the score of the Bama game and you will clearly see that 10-0 was an anomally. All LSU-Bama games are like that.
  • Options
    Crimsonite1Crimsonite1 Member Posts: 98
    Name Dropper 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

We shouldn't even play the game is what I hear/see from most Bammer fans ...

UW doesn't have the talent to matchup because Bammer is loaded w NFL players in their 3 deeps ... too bad you dont play the 3 deeps all at one time ...

I hear we don't have a NFL defense ... yet anybody doubting that Vita, Qualls, Gaines, Bierria, Budda, Jones, King, and Rapp won't all be NFL players and almost all drafted in top 2-3 rounds.

I hear we don't have the talent on offense to cause problems ... yet anybody questioning whether Ross, Gaskin, Coleman, Pettis, Adams, Eldrenkamp, or McGary will be pros? That doesn't even include Browning (Kellen Moore career), or guys that are probably more fringe potential players like Daniels, Sample, Dissly, and Colemsn Shelton.

Nobody doubts Alabama's high end talent ... but we have pieces that can cause issues.

Of course you do. I would never blow off Washington except in a homer shootout on a forum. All I'm doing is explaining the errors some of your homers are making in looking at the LSU and Ole Miss scores and thinking all you have to do is emulate them. You can't compare any other game scores to the LSU game, and as for Ole Miss, the final was close only because of the Bullshit that happened in the first half. Then we destroyed them 45-3. I don't know if I'm nervous. With our defense a Bama fan should never be nervous - but I'm not betting the homestead on the spread either.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

How would Shaw play Bama

I love smashmouth football.

David Shaw is retarded.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Tequilla said:

We shouldn't even play the game is what I hear/see from most Bammer fans ...

UW doesn't have the talent to matchup because Bammer is loaded w NFL players in their 3 deeps ... too bad you dont play the 3 deeps all at one time ...

I hear we don't have a NFL defense ... yet anybody doubting that Vita, Qualls, Gaines, Bierria, Budda, Jones, King, and Rapp won't all be NFL players and almost all drafted in top 2-3 rounds.

I hear we don't have the talent on offense to cause problems ... yet anybody questioning whether Ross, Gaskin, Coleman, Pettis, Adams, Eldrenkamp, or McGary will be pros? That doesn't even include Browning (Kellen Moore career), or guys that are probably more fringe potential players like Daniels, Sample, Dissly, and Colemsn Shelton.

Nobody doubts Alabama's high end talent ... but we have pieces that can cause issues.

Of course you do. I would never blow off Washington except in a homer shootout on a forum. All I'm doing is explaining the errors some of your homers are making in looking at the LSU and Ole Miss scores and thinking all you have to do is emulate them. You can't compare any other game scores to the LSU game, and as for Ole Miss, the final was close only because of the Bullshit that happened in the first half. Then we destroyed them 45-3. I don't know if I'm nervous. With our defense a Bama fan should never be nervous - but I'm not betting the homestead on the spread either.
    'Homer shootout 'made me laff.

UW doesn't stand a good chance, but neither did the 101st Airborne at Bastogne. Since they fought the war, we (?) should probably play the game.

You know - just to be sure.

• Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

How would Shaw play Bama

I love smashmouth football.

David Shaw is retarded.

Hope this helps.
    I like smashmouth defense. Playing smashmouth
    offense without Bama, OSU or USC talent is
    mentally deficient.