Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Remembering the Whammy

13»

Comments

• Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Ed Reed was 15 at the time so it wasn't him.

I remember Miami keying on Kaufman who was in the Heisman talk that year and Miami saying he wouldn't win it because of that game. Give Pumpy credit, he said Kaufman got 88 yards and I think he's right about that.

UW did a great job of staying with the run while using TEs and screen passes.

One play in particular Kaufman carried a miami linebacker on his back for a 1st down. Sapp was awesome in that game btw. Again, lambo had his team in supreme shape. Anyone who watched that game remembered Bruener stretching and reaching the ball out like 4 times for 1st downs on critical 3rd downs. Was his best game as a husky. Pure effort. Something the canes couldnt match. Uw didnt even have a WR who could get open. Bruener was MVP. Dennis Erickson was co-mvp. His decision before halftime turned game 4 Dub
  • Options
    DawgofThunderDawgofThunder Member Posts: 118
    5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes
    Richardson was the S who Kaufman left laying on the turf.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,579
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter

Richardson was the S who Kaufman left laying on the turf.

One of the underrated moments of the game
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,959
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    gmo said:

AEB said:

That was move in day at McMahon 1994. The TVs in the common area were watched by 100s. Totally awesome day to move in.

What floor were you on? I was in the exact same place that day. Roommate and I talk about that memory to this day. Basically plugged the TV in just in time to watch that game before playing some FIFA and NHL on the Sega Genesis.
    I want to say the 3rd floor.