Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

St. Trump Day Massacre

WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,793
This shitshow administration is going to be doing Bama like recruiting for terror, cook it.

If you can't understand how blanket policies turn your best allies against you and turbocharge radicalization, then I can't help you.

Comments

• doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    What isn't Trump doing that you feel he should be doing?
  • WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,793
    edited November 2016

I mean they aren't in power or anything but still

You don't know how media or propaganda work if this is your reply, and I know you are smarter than that.

Radicalization will always be there on the fringes, but giving even a modicum of actual credible mention to a Muslim registry is putting out a fire with gasoline.
  • UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,110

They've had almost two weeks what is the fucking delay?

How has the radicalization been going the last 8 years? Why do you blame the American president for the actions of savages? (sorry Swaye)

He needs more time?
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,479 Founders Club

You don't know how media or propaganda work if this is your reply, and I know you are smarter than that.

Radicalization will always be there on the fringes, but giving even a modicum of actual credible mention to a Muslim registry is putting out a fire with gasoline.
    the only mention of a Muslim registry is a made up transition story that is patently false. So blame the loser democrats who can't get over being losers.

Radical propaganda pre dates Trump and Obama. Those who want to blame us for what those fucking savages are doing don't get it. At all. They are true believers in a violent religion and act on it

Rather than making up shit I prefer to focus on actual actions like giving tens of billions of dollars to a terrorist state like Iran or leaving a vacuum in Iraq, Syria, and Libya that ISIS has exploited and used for propaganda purposes.

You are right, I am smarter than that
    edited November 2016

the only mention of a Muslim registry is a made up transition story that is patently false. So blame the loser democrats who can't get over being losers.

Radical propaganda pre dates Trump and Obama. Those who want to blame us for what those fucking savages are doing don't get it. At all. They are true believers in a violent religion and act on it

Rather than making up shit I prefer to focus on actual actions like giving tens of billions of dollars to a terrorist state like Iran or leaving a vacuum in Iraq, Syria, and Libya that ISIS has exploited and used for propaganda purposes.

If you think the goals of ISIS leadership are truely religiously motivated, then it's too late. It's a smokescreen to achieve the exact effect it's having on people like you and drive recruitment under the guise of religion. ISIS is about political power and control of a region.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    I'm FOR a public sortable registry of illegals living in sanctuary cities(for now)
    doogie said:

I'm FOR a public sortable registry of illegals living in sanctuary cities(for now)

That's not what we're talking about.

If you think the goals of ISIS leadership are truely religiously motivated, then it's too late. It's a smokescreen to achieve the exact effect it's having on people like you and drive ecruient under the guise of religion. ISIS is about power and control of a region.
    That is a completely different subject than you led with. Of course it is political but religious propaganda is used to gain the political goal. And Islam is a great religion to use for that end

That is the radicalization we both should be concerned about. Which I thought you were considering your OP
    edited November 2016

Why do you hate video evidence?

• AlCzervikAlCzervik Member Posts: 1,774

If you think the goals of ISIS leadership are truely religiously motivated, then it's too late. It's a smokescreen to achieve the exact effect it's having on people like you and drive ecruient under the guise of religion. ISIS is about power and control of a region.
    That is a completely different subject than you led with. Of course it is political but religious propaganda is used to gain the political goal. And Islam Christianity is a great religion to use for that end

That is the radicalization we both should be concerned about. Which I thought you were considering your OP
    Al goes into hondo territory

Why do you run cover for a religion that is actively killing gays and women all over the world? Today

You must agree with them

That is a completely different subject than you led with. Of course it is political but religious propaganda is used to gain the political goal. And Islam is a great religion to use for that end

I think my problem lies in saying "Islam is a great religion to use for that end." It's objectively true, but I think its a politically (and actually) dangerous statement.

Any of the Abrahamic religions are great to use for that end because they all have batshit crazy excerpts of their source materials that you can use any way you want. Target religious extremism, not "Muslims." The Catholic tradition is bathed in blood and no one is calling them savages, granted it was years ago.

You are right that it is the kind of radicalization we should be concerned about, and I think even rumors of a registry here become fact and recruitment tools there. It was mentioned by the president elect during his campaign and that is reckless, negligent, and far further than it ever should have gone, imo.

I'm sure this has spun off of the OP as these threads invariably do, but I think we've reigned it in.

November of 2015 talking about Muslims coming to this country which I agree with. Typical Trump stream of consciousness.

If you think that is proof have at it
    edited November 2016

November of 2015 talking about Muslims coming to this country which I agree with. Typical Trump stream of consciousness.

Lol so words from his own mouth don't count? He was literally asked "How do you get muslims registered" and he answered "It would be good management". Then asked "Do you go to mosques to sign them up" and answered "You go to different places".

So is he for a muslim registry or not? Can we not take the words he says at face value?
  • AlCzervikAlCzervik Member Posts: 1,774

Al goes into hondo territory

Why do you run cover for a religion that is actively killing gays and women all over the world? Today

You must agree with them

Shit. I've been exposed.

Neither Christianity or the Muslim faith is inherently either good or bad Race. Both CAN be used to cause terrible harm. On any other day you're smart enough to know this.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter
    edited November 2016

Lol so words from his own mouth don't count? He was literally asked "How do you get muslims registered" and he answered "It would be good management". Then asked "Do you go to mosques to sign them up" and answered "You go to different places".

So is he for a muslim registry or not? Can we not take the words he says at face value?
    Trump appears to be responding in context of immigrants. Not a good look regardless, but still not a registry of US citizens.

Unfortunately, FDR and his Supreme Court laid some precedence for this with Japanese internment.

I think my problem lies in saying "Islam is a great religion to use for that end." It's objectively true, but I think its a politically (and actually) dangerous statement.

Any of the Abrahamic religions are great to use for that end because they all have batshit crazy excerpts of their source materials that you can use any way you want. Target religious extremism, not "Muslims." The Catholic tradition is bathed in blood and no one is calling them savages, granted it was years ago.

You are right that it is the kind of radicalization we should be concerned about, and I think even rumors of a registry here become fact and recruitment tools there. It was mentioned by the president elect during his campaign and that is reckless, negligent, and far further than it ever should have gone, imo.

I'm sure this has spun off of the OP as these threads invariably do, but I think we've reigned it in.
    Truth is what we need to face

I'm not worried about the Crusades or the Inquisition because Jews and Christians have calmed the fuck down and we have a government based on the separation of church and state and I like it.

We do have a religion with the end game of a Caliphate which is opposed to everything you and I believe in.

What Trump said in the campaign has nothing to do with it. By now when he governs we will have less "refugees" from areas we can't vet which when you look at Europe is a good thing in my opinion. You may or may not agree.

This is for skeet as well.

Rather than engaging in false equivalencies and trying to score political points, we need to find a solution.

I'd prefer to sit here and ignore the whole thing. But these guys are true believers every bit as much as the Nazis. Let's not confuse where the hate lays.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter

Truth is what we need to face

I'm not worried about the Crusades or the Inquisition because Jews and Christians have calmed the fuck down and we have a government based on the separation of church and state and I like it.

We do have a religion with the end game of a Caliphate which is opposed to everything you and I believe in.

What Trump said in the campaign has nothing to do with it. By now when he governs we will have less "refugees" from areas we can't vet which when you look at Europe is a good thing in my opinion. You may or may not agree.

This is for skeet as well.

Rather than engaging in false equivalencies and trying to score political points, we need to find a solution.

I'd prefer to sit here and ignore the whole thing. But these guys are true believers every bit as much as the Nazis. Let's not confuse where the hate lays.
    Truly the enemy of the American Way.

Trump appears to be responding in context of immigrants. Not a good look regardless, but still not a registry of US citizens.

Unfortunately, FDR and his Supreme Court laid some precedence for this with Japanese internment.
    The supreme court has also ruled that black slaves were property and not citizens. Internment was fucked up then and a registry would be fucked up now.

The recently murdered Justice Scalia had this to say about the dissenting opinion for Korematsu v. United States:
    And regarding the wartime internment of Japanese-Americans, Scalia said, “It was nice to know that at least somebody on the court realized that that was wrong.”