Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

St. Trump Day Massacre

Comments

• WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,793
    edited November 2016

That is a completely different subject than you led with. Of course it is political but religious propaganda is used to gain the political goal. And Islam is a great religion to use for that end

That is the radicalization we both should be concerned about. Which I thought you were considering your OP

I think my problem lies in saying "Islam is a great religion to use for that end." It's objectively true, but I think its a politically (and actually) dangerous statement.

Any of the Abrahamic religions are great to use for that end because they all have batshit crazy excerpts of their source materials that you can use any way you want. Target religious extremism, not "Muslims." The Catholic tradition is bathed in blood and no one is calling them savages, granted it was years ago.

You are right that it is the kind of radicalization we should be concerned about, and I think even rumors of a registry here become fact and recruitment tools there. It was mentioned by the president elect during his campaign and that is reckless, negligent, and far further than it ever should have gone, imo.

I'm sure this has spun off of the OP as these threads invariably do, but I think we've reigned it in.
    Truth is what we need to face

I'm not worried about the Crusades or the Inquisition because Jews and Christians have calmed the fuck down and we have a government based on the separation of church and state and I like it.

We do have a religion with the end game of a Caliphate which is opposed to everything you and I believe in.

What Trump said in the campaign has nothing to do with it. By now when he governs we will have less "refugees" from areas we can't vet which when you look at Europe is a good thing in my opinion. You may or may not agree.

This is for skeet as well.

Rather than engaging in false equivalencies and trying to score political points, we need to find a solution.

I'd prefer to sit here and ignore the whole thing. But these guys are true believers every bit as much as the Nazis. Let's not confuse where the hate lays.
    This is an extremely complex conversation that I don't really want to keep spinning on because I actually came here to talk about football, but fucked up and got sucked into the Tug by my own doing. I guess the last thing I would say is that I don't see "Islam" as a credible DIRECT threat to the United States. What I mean by that is that I don't see "Islam" raising a conventional army in the way of a Nation State like Russia or China that I would consider a "direct" threat to national security. And I don't see some imperial Caliphate as an end game whatsoever.

What I definitely see are attacks that alter our foreign and domestic policy in ways that allow direct threats to take advantage or gain leverage. So, imo, it's not the Caliphate you should be worried about, it's people like Putin that slip in when everyone is disproportionaly worried about something like the Caliphate.

Regardless, go USA.

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,479 Founders Club

That is a completely different subject than you led with. Of course it is political but religious propaganda is used to gain the political goal. And Islam is a great religion to use for that end

That is the radicalization we both should be concerned about. Which I thought you were considering your OP

I think my problem lies in saying "Islam is a great religion to use for that end." It's objectively true, but I think its a politically (and actually) dangerous statement.

Any of the Abrahamic religions are great to use for that end because they all have batshit crazy excerpts of their source materials that you can use any way you want. Target religious extremism, not "Muslims." The Catholic tradition is bathed in blood and no one is calling them savages, granted it was years ago.

You are right that it is the kind of radicalization we should be concerned about, and I think even rumors of a registry here become fact and recruitment tools there. It was mentioned by the president elect during his campaign and that is reckless, negligent, and far further than it ever should have gone, imo.

I'm sure this has spun off of the OP as these threads invariably do, but I think we've reigned it in.
    Truth is what we need to face

I'm not worried about the Crusades or the Inquisition because Jews and Christians have calmed the fuck down and we have a government based on the separation of church and state and I like it.

We do have a religion with the end game of a Caliphate which is opposed to everything you and I believe in.

What Trump said in the campaign has nothing to do with it. By now when he governs we will have less "refugees" from areas we can't vet which when you look at Europe is a good thing in my opinion. You may or may not agree.

This is for skeet as well.

Rather than engaging in false equivalencies and trying to score political points, we need to find a solution.

I'd prefer to sit here and ignore the whole thing. But these guys are true believers every bit as much as the Nazis. Let's not confuse where the hate lays.
    This is an extremely complex conversation that I don't really want to keep spinning on because I actually came here to talk about football, but fucked up and got sucked into the Tug by my own doing. I guess the last thing I would say is that I don't see "Islam" as a credible DIRECT threat to the United States. What I mean by that is that I don't see "Islam" raising a conventional army in the way of a Nation State like Russia or China that I would consider a "direct" threat to national security. And I don't see some imperial Caliphate as an end game whatsoever.

What I definitely see are attacks that alter our foreign and domestic policy in ways that allow direct threats to take advantage or gain leverage. So, imo, it's not the Caliphate you should be worried about, it's people like Putin that slip in when everyone is disproportionaly worried about something like the Caliphate.

Regardless, go USA.

Hugs ad kisses bro. Go DAWGS
  • WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,793

Hugs ad kisses bro. Go DAWGS

• SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,097 Standard Supporter

I mean they aren't in power or anything but still

You don't know how media or propaganda work if this is your reply, and I know you are smarter than that.

Radicalization will always be there on the fringes, but giving even a modicum of actual credible mention to a Muslim registry is putting out a fire with gasoline.
    the only mention of a Muslim registry is a made up transition story that is patently false. So blame the loser democrats who can't get over being losers.

Radical propaganda pre dates Trump and Obama. Those who want to blame us for what those fucking savages are doing don't get it. At all. They are true believers in a violent religion and act on it

Rather than making up shit I prefer to focus on actual actions like giving tens of billions of dollars to a terrorist state like Iran or leaving a vacuum in Iraq, Syria, and Libya that ISIS has exploited and used for propaganda purposes.

You are right, I am smarter than that
    If you think the goals of ISIS leadership are truely religiously motivated, then it's too late. It's a smokescreen to achieve the exact effect it's having on people like you and drive recruitment under the guise of religion. ISIS is about political power and control of a region.
    That is the goal of the mooselimbs, always. Rule. Convert or die. History much?
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326

You don't know how media or propaganda work if this is your reply, and I know you are smarter than that.

Radicalization will always be there on the fringes, but giving even a modicum of actual credible mention to a Muslim registry is putting out a fire with gasoline.
    the only mention of a Muslim registry is a made up transition story that is patently false. So blame the loser democrats who can't get over being losers.

Radical propaganda pre dates Trump and Obama. Those who want to blame us for what those fucking savages are doing don't get it. At all. They are true believers in a violent religion and act on it

Rather than making up shit I prefer to focus on actual actions like giving tens of billions of dollars to a terrorist state like Iran or leaving a vacuum in Iraq, Syria, and Libya that ISIS has exploited and used for propaganda purposes.

If you think the goals of ISIS leadership are truely religiously motivated, then it's too late. It's a smokescreen to achieve the exact effect it's having on people like you and drive recruitment under the guise of religion. ISIS is about political power and control of a region.
    sure its main motivation among its leaders may be political, but there are a lot of kool aid drinkers in that group. If the end goal is to set up an Islamic caliphate the motivations are religious as much as they are political.
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346

Why do you hate video evidence?

Because Troomps hate facts.
  • UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,110

Why do you hate video evidence?

Because Troomps hate facts.
    I heard Soros paid Trump $3500 to say it.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,479 Founders Club
    dflea said:

Sledog said:

You just had to stop by and fag out the thread, didn't you?
    Don't sell the glove short
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,279 Founders Club
    PurpleJ said:

Swaye said:

Where is @cirrhosisDawg when you need him?

Last Active November 7

*snicker*
    *roflmao*
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,876 Standard Supporter

This is classic, Lefty Lib BS that blames America first, for every radical, criminal act that happens in the world.

The narrative goes like this: Being hard on Muslims will just make them meaner.

Okay. How's going soft on the radical Islamists gone? The Taliban, Isis, Boko Haram, etc., etc. All left alone to grow and become fucking animals on their own, with little resistance from any outside help or influence, except dollars from the Arabian Peninsula.

Since that statement a year ago, Trump and his people have moved from that to "extreme vetting" for immigrants from countries where groups are known to have radicalized terrorists to plant in the U.S. and Europe.

I know, I know. Why not just let them all in and see what happens?
    And even though Hondo is always wrong about everything, I'd fight for his right to live and observe whatever religion he wants. Because, you see, most Americans really can walk and chew gum at the same time, aside from most lunatics on the extreme left. Protecting the rights of existing citizens while inconveniencing or vetting new immigrants is responsible, sound policy. Why doesn't the left get that, instead of calling everyone who disagrees with them racist?
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,097 Standard Supporter
    dflea said:

Sledog said:

I just have to drop in and inject some clarity. Unlike you I don't wish to inject bodily fluids into a group of guys.
    Sledog said:

dflea said:

Sledog said:

I just have to drop in and inject some clarity. Unlike you I don't wish to inject bodily fluids into a group of guys.
    Trigger Warning, Shithead!
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,228
    edited November 2016
    Sledog said:

dflea said:

Sledog said:

You should inject some cyanide, and stop calling your mom a group of guys.