Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What are you going to spend your Trump tax cut on?

Comments

• Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    BearsWiin said:

Trump's transition team.
    @allpurpleallgold, boy have you been had.

I was, am and will continue to root for Donald Trump to do well. It's not a great start but the game has only started. A lot of people I respect wanted to go this way and I'm still down to try. But if you think the worst case scenario for a Trump presidency isn't a victory for me then you don't get it.

See I learned under the wing of @RaceBannon Number one, don't get baited. Don't ever get baited. But that's not really relevant here. Number two, be right. And the best way to be right is to take stances where you're right either way.

If Trump is a disaster, Elizabeth Warren will be president in four years. She played this election perfectly, which I'm not super happy with her about but I understand, and she will be a star if Trump is a shit show.

I'm not taking an L on this one. Ever.
    They might not have enough seasoning on the national stage just yet, but watch out for Cory Booker (Ebony) and Gavin Newsom (Ivory).
    Yeah, I shouldn't have made it seem like only Warren will do. The liberals rise in a Trump disaster is my point.
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

BearsWiin said:

Trump's transition team.

I was, am and will continue to root for Donald Trump to do well. It's not a great start but the game has only started. A lot of people I respect wanted to go this way and I'm still down to try. But if you think the worst case scenario for a Trump presidency isn't a victory for me then you don't get it.

See I learned under the wing of @RaceBannon Number one, don't get baited. Don't ever get baited. But that's not really relevant here. Number two, be right. And the best way to be right is to take stances where you're right either way.

If Trump is a disaster, Elizabeth Warren will be president in four years. She played this election perfectly, which I'm not super happy with her about but I understand, and she will be a star if Trump is a shit show.

They might not have enough seasoning on the national stage just yet, but watch out for Cory Booker (Ebony) and Gavin Newsom (Ivory).
    Yeah, I shouldn't have made it seem like only Warren will do. The liberals rise in a Trump disaster is my point.
    One way or another I think this is their swan song; history, generational change, and demographics are all against them. They pulled out all the stops and still couldn't win the popular vote. It only gets harder for them, especially if they piss of New America to the poont where they come to the polls in droves like they did 4 and 8 years ago.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    BearsWiin said:

Trump's transition team.

Those two are Hillary lite, should/will never happen if the DNC is put in responsible hands.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

Trump's transition team.

One way or another I think this is their swan song; history, generational change, and demographics are all against them. They pulled out all the stops and still couldn't win the popular vote. It only gets harder for them, especially if they piss of New America to the poont where they come to the polls in droves like they did 4 and 8 years ago.
    This is likely true. Just don't run a mob boss and win rather easily. Trump's populism needs to be a part of the Democrats again

Leave Wall Street and elitism to the GOP
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,237
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

Trump's transition team.

You could be dead wrong. If Trump pulls off the same economic explosion Reagan did, you'll see another generational change alright, but not the one you're hoping for.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

Trump's transition team.

You could be dead wrong. If Trump pulls off the same economic explosion Reagan did, you'll see another generational change alright, but not the one you're hoping for.
    I'm guessing it'll be more like Bush. With economic growth then a bursting bubble.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

Trump's transition team.

I'm guessing it'll be more like Bush. With economic growth then a bursting bubble.
    Oh, you mean the business cycle.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

Trump's transition team.

Not under Obama or Clinton.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

2001400ex said:

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

Trump's transition team.

Go read up on Alan Greenspan.
  • Options
    edited November 2016

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

Trump's transition team.

It's about more than jobs. It's about who and what we are as a country. That's why I see Pence as the more troubling part of the ticket.

But to your poont about the impending economic explosion, I had a convo with the richest guy in the county Wednesday morning. He told me that the Chinese partners who make components for his company are already making plans to part ways with him and hook up with a South American company instead, because they expect things to get much worse with the US. And he's under no illusions that the manufacturing jobs that his company uses overseas labor for are evar coming back to America.

Also looking forward to seeing how Trump will Drain the Swamp after he's hired all those crocodiles for his transition team.

But the Dems shouldn't just sit back and wait for the electorate to come back to them. They need to be able to put forth something compelling to set them apart from the shitshow that we're going to see the next few years, or else they'll just fritter away their increasing advantage like they did this time around.
  • Options

BearsWiin said:

Trump's transition team.

Those two are Hillary lite, should/will never happen if the DNC is put in responsible hands.
    I've been watching Newsom for nearly ten years. Don't underestimate him. He's got the kavorka.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,237
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

Trump's transition team.

It's about more than jobs. It's about who and what we are as a country. That's why I see Pence as the more troubling part of the ticket.

But to your poont about the impending economic explosion, I had a convo with the richest guy in the county Wednesday morning. He told me that the Chinese partners who make components for his company are already making plans to part ways with him and hook up with a South American company instead, because they expect things to get much worse with the US. And he's under no illusions that the manufacturing jobs that his company uses overseas labor for are evar coming back to America.

Also looking forward to seeing how Trump will Drain the Swamp after he's hired all those crocodiles for his transition team.

But the Dems shouldn't just sit back and wait for the electorate to come back to them. They need to be able to put forth something compelling to set them apart from the shitshow that we're going to see the next few years, or else they'll just fritter away their increasing advantage like they did this time around.
    This was an election based primarily on economic and cultural issues. So I agree, in part this election was about who we are as a country, but the losing party's "values" and hubris do not represent most of the country. It's true they do represent large population centers on the West Coast and parts of the North East, but not the vast majority who are looked down upon by those from those centers. Those things that concern you about Pence are comforting to those you look down upon. Get it?

An expanding economy under Trump's watch will absolutely result in an expanding "Republican" base. To the victor goes the spoils, and winning the economy solves many problems on many levels. Lowering corporate and personal tax rates, simplifying the tax code, unwinding excessive regulation, and providing incentives for companies to come home will spark growth. No one knows how tariffs and trade agreements will be tailored or implemented, but for example, even without them, Japanese, Korean and German car companies are currently building cars in right to work states in the US due to cost advantages. It's not like manufacturing is dead nor is it impossible to expand that work, though through automation it may look quite different than it has in the past. Trade deals that level the playing field can certainly help. The US has an $18T per year economy, the world wants access and will deal. The keystone pipeline project will be green lighted, and regulations on oil, gas and coal will be relaxed helping energy related sectors. And, it's expected that both defense and infrastructure spending are going to explode. Bottom line, this has the potential to look a lot more like the 80's than the drudgery of the last 8 years, and if that happens, it will be very hard to make the case against.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,876
    edited November 2016

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

Trump's transition team.

This was an election based primarily on economic and cultural issues. So I agree, in part this election was about who we are as a country, but the losing party's "values" and hubris do not represent most of the country. It's true they do represent large population centers on the West Coast and parts of the North East, but not the vast majority who are looked down upon by those from those centers. Those things that concern you about Pence are comforting to those you look down upon. Get it?

An expanding economy under Trump's watch will absolutely result in an expanding "Republican" base. To the victor goes the spoils, and winning the economy solves many problems on many levels. Lowering corporate and personal tax rates, simplifying the tax code, unwinding excessive regulation, and providing incentives for companies to come home will spark growth. No one knows how tariffs and trade agreements will be tailored or implemented, but for example, even without them, Japanese, Korean and German car companies are currently building cars in right to work states in the US due to cost advantages. It's not like manufacturing is dead nor is it impossible to expand that work, though through automation it may look quite different than it has in the past. Trade deals that level the playing field can certainly help. The US has an $18T per year economy, the world wants access and will deal. The keystone pipeline project will be green lighted, and regulations on oil, gas and coal will be relaxed helping energy related sectors. And, it's expected that both defense and infrastructure spending are going to explode. Bottom line, this has the potential to look a lot more like the 80's than the drudgery of the last 8 years, and if that happens, it will be very hard to make the case against.
    Damn straight. Party on.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=hX9E44mClKs&list=RDwxpcTszjkqE&index=17
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I love the 80's
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,851

Sledog said:

Trump's transition team.

Any commies like ObaMao?
    Nah, just baby killers from Dow Chem and Altria.
    None like the baby killers at Planned Parent hood? Awesome!
  • Options

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

Trump's transition team.

I certainly get it. The "vast majority" of which you speak had to rally just about all of itself against an unmotivated group, many of which decided to stay home rather than vote, and that "vast majority" still couldn't win the popular vote for their national candidate. I understand that white Christians are losing out demographically; this country is becoming more diverse and inclusive ethnically and socially, and even whites are abandoning religion. When you're accustomed to privilege, equality seems like oppression, so they fought back. They get the present, but they aren't the future of this country.

Pence took over for Christie as head of the transition team. This is a man who doesn't think that smoking causes cancer, and is in favor of women having to hold funerals for their aborted embryos.
  • Options

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

Trump's transition team.

And we'll be $30 trillion in debt. Good thing deficits won't matter again.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,876
    edited November 2016

I love the 80's hookers and blow

Aw...yeah.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=iWa-6g-TbgI
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

Trump's transition team.

I certainly get it. The "vast majority" of which you speak had to rally just about all of itself against an unmotivated group, many of which decided to stay home rather than vote, and that "vast majority" still couldn't win the popular vote for their national candidate. I understand that white Christians are losing out demographically; this country is becoming more diverse and inclusive ethnically and socially, and even whites are abandoning religion. When you're accustomed to privilege, equality seems like oppression, so they fought back. They get the present, but they aren't the future of this country.

Pence took over for Christie as head of the transition team. This is a man who doesn't think that smoking causes cancer, and is in favor of women having to hold funerals for their aborted embryos.
    Pence also thinks gay conversion therapy not only works but should be funded. But don't support Planned Parenthood.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    2001400ex said:

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

Trump's transition team.

And we'll be $30 trillion in debt. Good thing deficits won't matter again.
    If you can't see that tax cuts and trillion dollar infrastructure funds go together well, I can't help you.