Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Holding Trump voters accountable

Comments

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,104
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    doogie said:

Back in school, the morning after Reagan won, I came across a dude I knew who was sobbing uncontrollably. I thought his mom had just died in a fiery crash, or something. I was concerned and asked what happened. "What do you mean what happened?" He screamed at me. "Did you not see Reagan won the election?"

>> yeah, and why are you so upset?

> Because REAGAN HAS THE NUCLEAR CODES AND WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE IN A NUCLEAR WAR!!!!! came the response.

Reminded me of dip

And then Reagan invaded fucking GRENADA as a show of force. That's like invading Vashon Island except less rain gear required.

Trump loves himself and grabbing pussy far too much to push the nuclear solution button. More likely he'll try to cop a squeeze on Putin's hot new girlfriend and they Indian leg wrestle over who gets to PIIHB.

• Options
    Purple_PillsPurple_Pills Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,828
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sure, I'll buy that in part. It still doesn't explain why so many evangelicals are pro-death penalty, pro-policing, etc.

Pro-death penalty for murderers is a pro life position. What I don't get why some people want to murder the innocent unborn but not mass murderers.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Sure, I'll buy that in part. It still doesn't explain why so many evangelicals are pro-death penalty, pro-policing, etc.

Pro-death penalty for murderers is a pro life position. What I don't get why some people want to murder the innocent unborn but not mass murderers.
    People who support abortion don't want to murder babies. It's more about freedom of choice and government not interfering with the decision between a woman and her doctor. Something Republicans scream about in other areas. Just like banning drugs doesn't stop people from using them. Banning abortion doesn't stop it from happening.

#hypocrisy
  • Options
    Purple_PillsPurple_Pills Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,828
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

People who support abortion don't want to murder babies. It's more about freedom of choice and government not interfering with the decision between a woman and her doctor. Something Republicans scream about in other areas. Just like banning drugs doesn't stop people from using them. Banning abortion doesn't stop it from happening.

#hypocrisy

It is murder. Why doesn't that unborn human get a choice in this too? Unless raped, there was a free choice made. Deal with the consequences of your actions instead of murder for convenience. To steal the life away from an unborn human because "freedom" isn't a compelling argument for me. Abortion is the ultimate selfish act.

• Options

2001400ex said:

#hypocrisy

It is murder. Why doesn't that unborn human get a choice in this too? Unless raped, there was a free choice made. Deal with the consequences of your actions instead of murder for convenience. To steal the life away from an unborn human because "freedom" isn't a compelling argument for me. Abortion is the ultimate selfish act.

You clearly didn't read my post and posted your pre conceived notions, which you should give an abortion to.

I don't agree with the decision of an abortion. And most liberals I know are the same. But I don't judge others who have had them. And I don't want a litmus test to prove rape either. Legal abortion is the worst of two evils.
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

From what I heard, some people voted for Trump mainly to try to get roe v. wade overturned. I wonder if they view this possible consequence as the lesser of two evils

Voting for a sexual predator in exchange for overturning RvW just shows how morally bankrupt Evangelical Christians truly are.
    well, they think it is murder, and since there is no real coherent argument for a fetus not being considered a human life, it seems reasonable. Can't you understand people having such a strong moral conviction? I voted for Hilary, but the left today is so moral, when their morality is just as irrational as the evangelical Christians.
    If you can't see the difference between killing a developed, unborn fetus and Ted Bundy, who will always be a threat to kill others as long as he's alive...then I can't help you.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited November 2016
    phineas said:

I thought this was trolling at first...... wow. Nice life you lead there buddy.

I'm dead serious. You're all culpable if this kind of racist shit becomes normalized.

Hey dip, here's some Muslims that seem pretty happy about it.

Who else likes Trump? Islamic fundamentalists. Great company, guys.

https://washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/11/09/islamist-extremists-celebrate-trumps-election-win/
  • Options

phineas said:

I thought this was trolling at first...... wow. Nice life you lead there buddy.

I'm dead serious. You're all culpable if this kind of racist shit becomes normalized.

Hey dip, here's some Muslims that seem pretty happy about it.

Who else likes Trump? Islamic fundamentalists. Great company, guys.

https://washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/11/09/islamist-extremists-celebrate-trumps-election-win/
    Rejoice with support from Allah.
  • Options

Clean your own house, crackers.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,634
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    The unborn kid was just gonna end up dropping out of school and going to jail anyway.

Fuck his innocence.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Hatters gonna hat
  • Options
    dnc said:

Hatters gonna hat
    I'm disappointed in you.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,104
    Not even a P5 school. Irrelevant.
  • Options

dnc said:

Hatters gonna hat
    I'm disappointed in you.
    Dude wearing a hat beats someone up, I make obligatory hatters gonna hat joke, you are disapointed.

I'm not the one gurgling my way all over the boreds the last 24 hours. If you can't appreciate an HH classic that's still funny after 23 times it might be time to step away from the keybored and take a walk to gain some perspective.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited November 2016

< />

Huh?

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
    MisterEm said:

< />

Huh?

Some spurious anecdotal crimes are more equal than others.
  • Options

From what I heard, some people voted for Trump mainly to try to get roe v. wade overturned. I wonder if they view this possible consequence as the lesser of two evils

Voting for a sexual predator in exchange for overturning RvW just shows how morally bankrupt Evangelical Christians truly are.
    well, they think it is murder, and since there is no real coherent argument for a fetus not being considered a human life, it seems reasonable. Can't you understand people having such a strong moral conviction? I voted for Hilary, but the left today is so moral, when their morality is just as irrational as the evangelical Christians.
    Fine, I'll engage this.

I consider myself pro-life. Unfortunately, life is messy, and this world is fucked up, and protecting life occasionally means taking it in order to protect it. That's why I'm:

Pro self-defense when life is in danger.
    Pro death penalty (in certain cases, like the afore mentioned Bundy).
    Pro war (as a last resort).
    Pro abortion to protect the life of a mother.

I do not support taking life in these ways if it is not clearly protecting life.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,278
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

#hypocrisy

You clearly didn't read my post and posted your pre conceived notions, which you should give an abortion to.

I don't agree with the decision of an abortion. And most liberals I know are the same. But I don't judge others who have had them. And I don't want a litmus test to prove rape either. Legal abortion is the worst of two evils.
    Abortion is eugenics in action. It was aimed at blacks to keep their numbers down. Margret Sanger says it herself so go read up on it. She created Planned Parenthood. Hard to believe you support this BS. Check out the graph. This is what "progressives" think of blacks.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Abortions rate has been decreasing for decades now:

Want to see that number continue to decrease? Don't take away funding for one of the only institutions that offers free birth control for youth.