Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Apparently after practice today Sark said...

PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
..."we all still have a bad taste in our mouths." Didn't he say this all off-season after losing to boise state in the Vegas bowl?

Lots of bad taste lately. Does anyone have some suggested mouthwash?

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,738 Founders Club
    Cleanse with fire
  • CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,477 Swaye's Wigwam
    Whatever Kim uses to wash the taste of Woodward's semen out of his mouth.

Why else does he keep going back for more?
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,738 Founders Club

I've had a bad taste in my mouth since the 1994 Stanford game

Lambo getting plungered by Scott Frost call back
  • Where is Will Shamburger's quote after we were 4-0 how guys have finally bought in?

Be a funny quote to post on Doogman.
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    What Wilcox's defenders need to do rather than talk to the media is go to practice each day with the purpose of kicking the shit out of their offensive teammates, and then perhaps Sarkisian will shut the fuck up. When they're struggling a little or a lot, good football coaches just don't talk about it outside the program in the terms that Sark does
  • unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    Yesterday, Sark was asked if the Huskies are angry coming off their most lopsided loss of the season.

“I don’t know if angry is the right word,” he said. “I think that they were surprised that they didn’t go out and perform the way we’re capable of performing, and I think (there’s) anger at the result, sure.

Does the guy have a simple answer for anything?
  • TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959

Yesterday, Sark was asked if the Huskies are angry coming off their most lopsided loss of the season.

“I don’t know if angry is the right word,” he said. “I think that they were surprised that they didn’t go out and perform the way we’re capable of performing, and I think (there’s) anger at the result, sure.

THEY didn't go out and perform the way WE'RE capable of.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,590 Founders Club

I was at that game. Total monsoon. Napoleon Kaufman breaking into the clear only to slip and fall. The Husky D getting pushed around at the line of scrimmage. Miserable 46-28 loss.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,590 Founders Club

THEY didn't go out and perform the way WE'RE capable of.
    That is a profound observation.
  • I've had a bad taste in my mouth since the 1994 Stanford game

I was at that game. Total monsoon. Napoleon Kaufman breaking into the clear only to slip and fall. The Husky D getting pushed around at the line of scrimmage. Miserable 46-28 loss.
    That was one of the sadder years for me. That team had so much talent. Talk about TUFF schedule those first four games were all against ranked teams preseason. UW survived that stretch going 3-1.

Then lost to Oregon and WSU both beatable and the worst loss was getting blown out to a 3-8 Stanford team.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295

That was one of the sadder years for me. That team had so much talent. Talk about TUFF schedule those first four games were all against ranked teams preseason. UW survived that stretch going 3-1.

Then lost to Oregon and WSU both beatable and the worst loss was getting blown out to a 3-8 Stanford team.
    If we only had the 1 year bowl ban and DJ coached another 5 years (93-97), I'd imagine a few Rose Bowls. In todays tie-breakers Lambo would have gone in 95. 96 we lost to ASU by 3 which decided the RB. ASU did have a tremendous team that year. 97 I think DJ goes to the RB and probably 94 if you beat Oregon.
  • I've had a bad taste in my mouth since the 1994 Stanford game

If we only had the 1 year bowl ban and DJ coached another 5 years (93-97), I'd imagine a few Rose Bowls. In todays tie-breakers Lambo would have gone in 95. 96 we lost to ASU by 3 which decided the RB. ASU did have a tremendous team that year. 97 I think DJ goes to the RB and probably 94 if you beat Oregon.
    If Lambo wasn't a total dumb fuck in 1995 we go to the Rose Bowl. He blew the ND and Oregon game and caused the tie vs USC but going ultra conservative.

James goes to the Rose Bowl in 1994, 1995 and 1997 IMO with 1996 being a 10-2 season(no way he loses to Rick in a bowl game after being up 14-0 with Dillon!).
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

If Lambo wasn't a total dumb fuck in 1995 we go to the Rose Bowl. He blew the ND and Oregon game and caused the tie vs USC but going ultra conservative.

James goes to the Rose Bowl in 1994, 1995 and 1997 IMO with 1996 being a 10-2 season(no way he loses to Rick in a bowl game after being up 14-0 with Dillon!).
    !996 would have been a Rose Bowl season with James. ASU was very good, but no way does UW give up 45 points if James is coaching. That was the only conference loss that season.

• TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813

I remember those years fondly.

Brad fucking Otton ignites SC on a comeback to tie at 21 after UW lead 21-0 going into the 4th I believe

ASU in 96 was a great fucking game to open the season. Too bad it decided their fate.

97 team was loaded and #2 but zero depth. Once Brock, Towns, Shehee and Cleland went down is was done. Fucking bullshit loss to Oregon and Pat Johnson on 4th and fucking forever. God damn it!

I don't even remember the plays anymore I'm so bitter and drunk since ManBoobs took over.

• LevelParLevelPar Member Posts: 447
    Passion said:

..."we all still have a bad taste in our mouths." Didn't he say this all off-season after losing to boise state in the Vegas bowl?

Lots of bad taste lately. Does anyone have some suggested mouthwash?

Chlorhexidine.....will kill any spermatozoa
  • TommySQC said:

Brad fucking Otton ignites SC on a comeback to tie at 21 after UW lead 21-0 going into the 4th I believe

ASU in 96 was a great fucking game to open the season. Too bad it decided their fate.

97 team was loaded and #2 but zero depth. Once Brock, Towns, Shehee and Cleland went down is was done. Fucking bullshit loss to Oregon and Pat Johnson on 4th and fucking forever. God damn it!

I don't even remember the plays anymore I'm so bitter and drunk since ManBoobs took over.

I know it's overplayed but I'll excuse the 1996 loss since UW was truly young and didn't even know who their QB was. While ASU was a veteran team who was probably a minute away from being national champions.

In 1995 from John Wales getting a punt blocked in the end zone to lose to ND and they go for 2 and the win. Then Huard is driving for the win but throws a pick six.

Same year up 21-0 against USC as UW is just killing a good USC team. Was getting flashbacks to the game in 1990. Then Lambright went with prevent defense, and on offense had three runs up the middle and punt. I remember the crowd booing as UW took over with 45 seconds left and Lambo had Huard kneel on it even though a tie was basically a loss due to tie breakers.

Following UW spots Oregon a 24-0 lead at halftime. Come back to to be down 24-22 only for Whales to miss a chip shot, then Milloy forces a fumble. Lambo has three straight runs up the middle for Whales to miss another chip shot.

1997 had so much talent and they were 8-1 with Shehee and 8-0 with both Shehee/Huard playing together. The Oregon loss against spot Oregon a 24-6 halftime lead. Make a late comeback only for Mel Miller at the time our best corner to get beat on a 4th and fucking forever.

The Lambo years were more painful to me than the Ty years. The Ty years at best were crap bowl potential. While Lambo had some Rose Bowl teams and the 1997 team had National Title talent with the right coach.

Fuck now I'm upset thanks guys.
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813

TommySQC said:

I know it's overplayed but I'll excuse the 1996 loss since UW was truly young and didn't even know who their QB was. While ASU was a veteran team who was probably a minute away from being national champions.

In 1995 from John Wales getting a punt blocked in the end zone to lose to ND and they go for 2 and the win. Then Huard is driving for the win but throws a pick six.

Same year up 21-0 against USC as UW is just killing a good USC team. Was getting flashbacks to the game in 1990. Then Lambright went with prevent defense, and on offense had three runs up the middle and punt. I remember the crowd booing as UW took over with 45 seconds left and Lambo had Huard kneel on it even though a tie was basically a loss due to tie breakers.

Following UW spots Oregon a 24-0 lead at halftime. Come back to to be down 24-22 only for Whales to miss a chip shot, then Milloy forces a fumble. Lambo has three straight runs up the middle for Whales to miss another chip shot.

1997 had so much talent and they were 8-1 with Shehee and 8-0 with both Shehee/Huard playing together. The Oregon loss against spot Oregon a 24-6 halftime lead. Make a late comeback only for Mel Miller at the time our best corner to get beat on a 4th and fucking forever.

The Lambo years were more painful to me than the Ty years. The Ty years at best were crap bowl potential. While Lambo had some Rose Bowl teams and the 1997 team had National Title talent with the right coach.

96 we started with Fortney but Huard came in late vs ASU and never let go....Fortney transferred to Northern Iowa.

Fuck I needed a life. Lucky I ever got laid then.
  • TommySQC said:

TommySQC said:

96 we started with Fortney but Huard came in late vs ASU and never let go....Fortney transferred to Northern Iowa.

Fuck I needed a life. Lucky I ever got laid then.
    Yes Huard came in down 42-21 and started throwing bombs. However Fortney looked good the following week vs BYU. Got hurt and then Huard looked good vs Arizona. Fortney then came back and struggled vs Stanford, Huard came in and UW erupted on Ty in the 4th(No way a Ty team let down in the 4th???).

Fortney transferring really fucked us. He should have been our backup QB in 1997 so we probably win Oregon. Also forced Lambo to burn Tui's RS or he could have played with Reggie Williams in 2001.