Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The ranking of one-loss teams.

13»

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Swaye said:

DongJames said:

dnc said:

whuggy said:

Pretty sure the Committee doesn't want to be seen as favoring
    one conference over another. Also they are on record as giving great
    weight to conference champs. Could easily see Washington and
    OSU as one loss conference champs being picked over one loss
    A and M without a title. I think there's room for a USC fuckup.

Disagree. If UW gets one loss it's not just a hypothetical 1 loss TAMU UW has to beat out, it's a hypothetical 1 loss Michigan and hypothetical 1 loss Louisville and whoever else.

If UW drops a game we're settling for the Rose Bowel.
    I'm just glad to be at a point where we are in fucking November and talking earnestly about 'settling for the rose bowl'. After everything husky fans who care about winning have been through over the last 15 years, it's just a great conversation to be able to have.
    Nice avatar
    Fender disagrees...
    I clearly seperated the squire and mexi. Now puppys beautiful vintage sunburst stratocaster, made in the USofA, is in a class by itself. Generally anyone who uses fenderbender is either a shitty driver or plays a bright red mexi. Oh, the vintage tele sitting next to it is something to behold too, which of course sits next to the vintage 65 SG, and several feet away the martin d28 .

The martin in a leg spreader. A few strums and my gums are buried in beaver. Big black beaver. I try and sing after she squirts but my mouth dries up like desert dirt, my lips the cracks. A quick sip of bookers whisky wets the whistle and im back in action,, resoiling her already crusty panties. The Martin, like a grand piano, always gets the job done. Your mexi strat might make you 2 bits at the public market, but hey, its a start.
  • Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,869
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter

Generally anyone who uses fenderbender is either a shitty driver or plays a bright red mexi.

Wrong...my mexi was black, not red.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Generally anyone who uses fenderbender is either a shitty driver or plays a bright red mexi.

Wrong...my mexi was black, not red.
    You just couldn't resist, could you?
  • Options
    DongJamesDongJames Member Posts: 69
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Up Votes
    Fender doesn't do much worthwhile (my opinion) on acoustics, so I never paid much attention. I'm almost exclusively an acoustic player, mainly breaking in a J-45 these days.

I also have a Martin HD-28 that's been beat straight to hell but I love it. And beat to hell by me! I don't believe in buying old instruments. Buy them new and MAKE them old.
  • Options
    And +1 to Grundle on being competent with these things. Women love it. Literally the easiest thing in the world.

I actually started playing because my freshman year of college I was visiting a friend at Clemson and pulled a guitar off the wall. I didn't know how to play but just wanted to fool around with it. Cute girl immediately sat down in front of me and wanted to hear a song. She said 'here's your chance to impress a girl!'... And I didn't know how to play.

That was humiliating, but I bought a guitar and started practicing immediately. IMMEDIATELY. It was the most internally motivated learning experience of my entire life. It's gotten me laid many times since.

Never saw that girl again. In life as in music, timing is everything.
  • Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,869
    Standard Supporter
    To be honest, I haven't touched a fender guitar in over 10 years. IMO, Gibson makes a higher quality guitar, both electric and acoustic.

All I play now is my Martin acoustic and supply the lead vocals in my Alanis Morissette cover band.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    DongJames said:

And +1 to Grundle on being competent with these things. Women love it. Literally the easiest thing in the world.

I actually started playing because my freshman year of college I was visiting a friend at Clemson and pulled a guitar off the wall. I didn't know how to play but just wanted to fool around with it. Cute girl immediately sat down in front of me and wanted to hear a song. She said 'here's your chance to impress a girl!'... And I didn't know how to play.

That was humiliating, but I bought a guitar and started practicing immediately. IMMEDIATELY. It was the most internally motivated learning experience of my entire life. It's gotten me laid many times since.

Never saw that girl again. In life as in music, timing is everything.

Pumpy good at everything
  • Options

To be honest, I haven't touched a fender guitar in over 10 years. IMO, Gibson makes a higher quality guitar, both electric and acoustic.

All I play now is my Martin acoustic and supply the lead vocals in my Alanis Morissette cover band.

If you need a harmonica solo for Head Over Feet, PM me
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Gibson factory's here in Memphis. Pretty cool place to take your two dads to tour when they visit from out of town.

CEO's a douche though.
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    DongJames said:

dnc said:

whuggy said:

Pretty sure the Committee doesn't want to be seen as favoring
    one conference over another. Also they are on record as giving great
    weight to conference champs. Could easily see Washington and
    OSU as one loss conference champs being picked over one loss
    A and M without a title. I think there's room for a USC fuckup.

Disagree. If UW gets one loss it's not just a hypothetical 1 loss TAMU UW has to beat out, it's a hypothetical 1 loss Michigan and hypothetical 1 loss Louisville and whoever else.

If UW drops a game we're settling for the Rose Bowel.
    I'm just glad to be at a point where we are in fucking November and talking earnestly about 'settling for the rose bowl'. After everything husky fans who care about winning have been through over the last 15 years, it's just a great conversation to be able to have.
    What about those of us who only care that no one's injured and both teams have fun out there just letting it rip?
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye said:

Now stop and think for a second....if UW loses to WSU, we not only miss the playoffs, but the Rose Bowl as well. 11-1, going to the fuck off bowel. Jesus. I'll kill everything.

That would be a huge kick in the nuts, no doubt. It's playoff/Rose Bowl or bust at this point. But 11-1 with a loss to the kewgs we'd still go to the Cotton, Fiesta or Peach. Which isn't boner-inducing but it sure as hell beats the Zaxbys Chicken Bowl.
  • Options

Swaye said:

Now stop and think for a second....if UW loses to WSU, we not only miss the playoffs, but the Rose Bowl as well. 11-1, going to the fuck off bowel. Jesus. I'll kill everything.

That would be a huge kick in the nuts, no doubt. It's playoff/Rose Bowl or bust at this point. But 11-1 with a loss to the kewgs we'd still go to the Cotton, Fiesta or Peach. Which isn't boner-inducing but it sure as hell beats the Zaxbys Chicken Bowl.
    The Fiesta and Peach are the playoff bowls and the Cotton is stuck with a group of five midget (currently Western Michigan).

There is no guarantee whatsoever that the 11-1 Huskies make the New Year's Six.
  • Options

Swaye said:

My friend and I were talking about this same scenario. If WSU wins out and we lose the apple cup, then yeah. They go to conference title game and we are in the Holiday Bowl. At 11-1. UW has zero wiggle room in this.
  • Options
    DongJames said:

Swaye said:

My friend and I were talking about this same scenario. If WSU wins out and we lose the apple cup, then yeah. They go to conference title game and we are in the Holiday Bowl. At 11-1. UW has zero wiggle room in this.
    Beat Cuog.

Nothing Else Matters