Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

U$C presents our biggest challenge...

I'm not a player on the team so I can look ahead. Watching U$C last night, I believe they present the biggest challenge because offensively, they have both a good passing game and a good running game. The huskies will have to play great defense against both -- in many of our games this year, we've been able to shut down the other team's offensive strength and force them to rely on their weakness. This won't be the case against U$C. Cal, Utah, ASU and WSU will be fine because we will be able to focus on and shut down their strength.

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    They obviously have the raw talent to line up and compete with us which is unlike anyone else we play as well.

Really glad the games at home. Thrilled it's in November. When's the last time the So Cal boys came north in November? I feel like it's been since the Lambo era at least.

I haven't watched much SC since they switched QBs. Can Darnold run? I think a quality running QB presents the biggest challenge for this defense, especially in scrambles. I don't expect Darnold to be an athlete for obvious reasons (is let him date my daughter though!), but he i supppse he could have some Locker on him, or at least some Luck.
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,285 Founders Club

I'm not a player on the team so I can look ahead. Watching U$C last night, I believe they present the biggest challenge because offensively, they have both a good passing game and a good running game. The huskies will have to play great defense against both -- in many of our games this year, we've been able to shut down the other team's offensive strength and force them to rely on their weakness. This won't be the case against U$C. Cal, Utah, ASU and WSU will be fine because we will be able to focus on and shut down their strength.

USC is the best team the Huskies will play this year. They're very talented and now playing well enough to beat UW. Utah, ASU, Cal and WSU all pose threats as well, UW can lose to any of those if they don't bring their A-game. The pre-season is finally over.
  • FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    So, USC's now becomes scary b/c they beat a terrible buffs team with a backup qb, arizona, Kal and Todd fucking Graham? I'm sorry, but nothing about USC scares me with our defense and playing at home. USC was gifted a KAL team that had to play 2 games in 6 days on the road with the condoms off bye. They should fucking win by 50!

Sure, they are putting up some numbers against the previously mentioned crew but people talk about our JV schedule, at least we? have a defense that will show up. Darnold may be a decent qb but he hasn't faced a pass rush yet, nor a team who can play man on the corners while blitzing real LB.

If this team didn't have USC on it's shirt, nobody would be impressed at all with their effort. It sure makes me shake in my knickers when they are 1-2 on the road 1-1(road game @stanford should be counted as a home game) and have to come to husky stadium.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499
    The season starts at WSU

dnc said:

They obviously have the raw talent to line up and compete with us which is unlike anyone else we play as well.

Really glad the games at home. Thrilled it's in November. When's the last time the So Cal boys came north in November? I feel like it's been since the Lambo era at least.

I haven't watched much SC since they switched QBs. Can Darnold run? I think a quality running QB presents the biggest challenge for this defense, especially in scrambles. I don't expect Darnold to be an athlete for obvious reasons (is let him date my daughter though!), but he i supppse he could have some Locker on him, or at least some Luck.

Your very worst effort.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkjDNIRSjxE
    Pullmen (lol!) doesn't count
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,349 Swaye's Wigwam
    USC's defense is undisciplined...."we" will be moving the ball at will.

JK, obviously Pullman counts. I meant when was the last time SC played at UW (NOGAFAC) but I should have phrased it better.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,020 Founders Club
    I was saying this last night. Their season, the south championship, will ride on their game against us. They have talent and nothing to lose.

However, I've seen them make silly mistakes and be very sloppy and that hurts their chances. But stranger things have happened and teams with that level of talent can beat anyone if they get up for the game. If they ever hire a real coach we should see them year in year out for the conference title.
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,285 Founders Club
    PurpleJ said:

I was saying this last night. Their season, the south championship, will ride on their game against us. They have talent and nothing to lose.

However, I've seen them make silly mistakes and be very sloppy and that hurts their chances. But stranger things have happened and teams with that level of talent can beat anyone if they get up for the game. If they ever hire a real coach we should see them year in year out for the conference title.

Just like the good ole days.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Your very worst effort.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkjDNIRSjxE
    Pullmen (lol!) doesn't count
    You said north in November.
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320

So, USC's now becomes scary b/c they beat a terrible buffs team with a backup qb, arizona, Kal and Todd fucking Graham? I'm sorry, but nothing about USC scares me with our defense and playing at home. USC was gifted a KAL team that had to play 2 games in 6 days on the road with the condoms off bye. They should fucking win by 50!

Sure, they are putting up some numbers against the previously mentioned crew but people talk about our JV schedule, at least we? have a defense that will show up. Darnold may be a decent qb but he hasn't faced a pass rush yet, nor a team who can play man on the corners while blitzing real LB.

If this team didn't have USC on it's shirt, nobody would be impressed at all with their effort. It sure makes me shake in my knickers when they are 1-2 on the road 1-1(road game @stanford should be counted as a home game) and have to come to husky stadium.

Colorado has the best corners in he league, but still.

USC is turnover prone, so that will be how to attack their offense. That being said, Darnold plays a little like Jake Plummer and is probably already top theee in the conference--not that that's that hard to do.
  • Postal91Postal91 Member Posts: 1,809
    Nice work.

1997 11-01-97 UW 27 USC 0
    1995 10-28-95 UW 21 USC 21
    1993 11-13-93 UW 17 USC 22

Those were the last closest.

dnc said:

When's the last time the So Cal boys came north in November? I feel like it's been since the Lambo era at least.

• AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    Postal91 said:

Nice work.

1997 11-01-97 UW 27 USC 0
    1995 10-28-95 UW 21 USC 21
    1993 11-13-93 UW 17 USC 22

Those were the last closest.

dnc said:

When's the last time the So Cal boys came north in November? I feel like it's been since the Lambo era at least.

Those scores look quaint by today's standards.
  • SpoonieLuvSpoonieLuv Member Posts: 5,451
    Is Clay Helton still the coach?

(I had to google who the HC was because I honestly could not remember. Going through my Shit HC Rolodex I kept landing on Helfrich.)
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,584 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2016
    USC sucks. Darnold sucks. Helton sucks. The pac 12 sucks.

Dawgs by 3 tds or something went very wrong