Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

U$C presents our biggest challenge...

Comments

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    How in the fuck did Max Browne start over Darnold? Other than turnovers, Darnold might be the best QB in the league. Browning has better numbers, but I might take Darnold.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,358 Founders Club
    Max Browne and his football career are over. lulz

Fucking loser.
  • WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,798
    I just like watching games that matter.
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    Postal91 said:

Nice work.

1997 11-01-97 UW 27 USC 0
    1995 10-28-95 UW 21 USC 21
    1993 11-13-93 UW 17 USC 22

Those were the last closest.

dnc said:

When's the last time the So Cal boys came north in November? I feel like it's been since the Lambo era at least.

Lambo still deserves to die for this one. We were up 21-0 at half.
  • seatownfunkseatownfunk Member Posts: 805
    Who started at qb for us in the '97 game? I've blanked on the game
  • EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,153
    Doogles said:

Darnold is a good Jake Locker. No joke that kid is going to be a first rounder. Couple that with our weakness stopping running QBs and it is by far the toughest out of the season.

SC got blasted by Bama with a career clipboard holding QB, lost to stanford when they still thought they were stanford, and a 4 point loss @utah.

I'll be in LA, should be a good one.

• doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320

So, USC's now becomes scary b/c they beat a terrible buffs team with a backup qb, arizona, Kal and Todd fucking Graham? I'm sorry, but nothing about USC scares me with our defense and playing at home. USC was gifted a KAL team that had to play 2 games in 6 days on the road with the condoms off bye. They should fucking win by 50!

Sure, they are putting up some numbers against the previously mentioned crew but people talk about our JV schedule, at least we? have a defense that will show up. Darnold may be a decent qb but he hasn't faced a pass rush yet, nor a team who can play man on the corners while blitzing real LB.

If this team didn't have USC on it's shirt, nobody would be impressed at all with their effort. It sure makes me shake in my knickers when they are 1-2 on the road 1-1(road game @stanford should be counted as a home game) and have to come to husky stadium.

Colorado has the best corners in he league, but still.

USC is turnover prone, so that will be how to attack their offense. That being said, Darnold plays a little like Jake Plummer and is probably already top theee in the conference--not that that's that hard to do.
    Not even familiar with Colorado's CB's but I know they aren't better than UW's.
    They might not be better talent-wise than Jones, but they're both better than King. PFF (I know, advanced stats, etc) has Witherspoon as the best cb in the conference.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

So, USC's now becomes scary b/c they beat a terrible buffs team with a backup qb, arizona, Kal and Todd fucking Graham? I'm sorry, but nothing about USC scares me with our defense and playing at home. USC was gifted a KAL team that had to play 2 games in 6 days on the road with the condoms off bye. They should fucking win by 50!

Sure, they are putting up some numbers against the previously mentioned crew but people talk about our JV schedule, at least we? have a defense that will show up. Darnold may be a decent qb but he hasn't faced a pass rush yet, nor a team who can play man on the corners while blitzing real LB.

If this team didn't have USC on it's shirt, nobody would be impressed at all with their effort. It sure makes me shake in my knickers when they are 1-2 on the road 1-1(road game @stanford should be counted as a home game) and have to come to husky stadium.

USC is turnover prone, so that will be how to attack their offense. That being said, Darnold plays a little like Jake Plummer and is probably already top theee in the conference--not that that's that hard to do.
    Not even familiar with Colorado's CB's but I know they aren't better than UW's.
    They might not be better talent-wise than Jones, but they're both better than King. PFF (I know, advanced stats, etc) has Witherspoon as the best cb in the conference.
    King might be better than Jones. I don't know. Both are good.
  • FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223

Sidney and his first round grade tend to differ. But i guess if your'e high enough in buffland you can be inclined to think they have good CB's
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Who started at qb for us in the '97 game? I've blanked on the game

Had to have been Brock
  • mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    HuskyJW said:

USC's defense is undisciplined...."we" will be moving the ball at will.

Where does Will play?
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    PumpyFS warned us to watch out for Max Browne, the next STUD QB.
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685

Sidney and his first round grade tend to differ. But i guess if your'e high enough in buffland you can be inclined to think they have good CB's
    If we're bashing getting high in Buff country, I'm out.