Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Foster Sarell, we got a shot with him?

Comments

• Options
    BrickSquadBrickSquad Member Posts: 1,658
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye said:

Everyone who flagged me doesn't get this place AT ALL and should probably kill themselves as penance. You bunch of sissy faggots. And she does look 14, which is almost too old for me. She just made the cut. Lucky her.

• Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,985
    I am hearing the cougs are in play. Very impressed with what they did to Stanford.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Does anyone have Fozzy's email address? Just want to make sure he saw the wazzu-stanford score.
  • Options
    PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,457
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    If there is grass on the field, play ball?
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited October 2016
    If you read Sarrell's latest comments, he's basically trying to justify going to 'furd, in his own mind. His decision to commit in the next month is not a good sign.

He's clearly got some reservations.
  • Options
    PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member Posts: 4,012
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    He clearly idolizes Garnett, yeah he's not coming here. Other than academics I see no reason why anyone would want to play at Stanford.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
  • Options
    PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member Posts: 4,012
    I think he really wants to go to Stanford but hasn't committed because Washington's OL plays better and Stanford is a dumpster fire. No one likes jumping onto a sinking ship. Now he's just trying to convince himself why he needs to go to Stanford.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

animate said:

yeah, I don't post much. I think that was post #10 in the last couple of years. I've been around the husky block since the Don James era ... and i'm almost embarrassed to say that I still enjoy teen boy stalking, as it pertains to the health of UW football/basketball/whatever.

I love the Fultz, Porter Jr talent infusion/recruiting trend with Romar ... that's exciting.

But football is where it's at for me.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    Doogstone said:

hi fozzy

you go to stanford, you major in science technology and society (which is the jock major at stanford that lets everyone know you're a jock who didn't get into the school on your academic merits). maybe you play in the NFL, maybe you don't. in the bay and at stanford -- you're the pariah. kleiner perkins isn't hiring you. google or facebook aren't hiring you. you will have an asterisk next to your stanford degree for as long as you live because you're an athlete, especially a football player. i've sat in countless hiring committees and repeatedly watched hiring managers laugh and then scold their recruiters for bringing them "pseudo ivies" aka scholarship athlete stanford/ivy people.

at washington, in a city lorded over by uw people, you will forever be the hometown hero. people will crawl over each other in an attempt to get you set for life and networked. you go to an elite school, represent your hometown/family/friends, nfl or not you can go any direction and get recognized.

source: lived and did the silicon valley cliche for many years, dated stanford athlete.

/doog off

seriously, that is the worst pitch i've ever seen. you sound bitter, "lived here" for a couple years then couldn't hack it (get it, "hack"...har har har) and really think he won't get hired at facebook but would be a fucking hero in seattle. and regarding a stanford athlete, pics or it didn't happen dude because if it's not Logan Tom or someone who looks a hella lot like Alison Stokke then sorry, steak knives. hit the bricks.
  • Options
    HanseeHall78HanseeHall78 Member Posts: 156
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Doogstone said:

hi fozzy

you go to stanford, you major in science technology and society (which is the jock major at stanford that lets everyone know you're a jock who didn't get into the school on your academic merits).
    /doog off

Absolutely correct DG.

I went to the Notre Dame game at Stanford last year. It was Stanford's final home game and they introduced all of Stanford's seniors. Around 25% of them majored in "Science, Technology and Society." I researched that degree and concluded that at just about every other University the degree would be called "Interdisciplinary Studies," meaning sufficient credits earned in various lower level courses to graduate but no emphasis in anything worthy of a degree in a particular area of study.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,985
    ethnic studies > Science Technology and Society
  • Options
    DoogstoneDoogstone Member Posts: 202
    Meek said:

Doogstone said:

hi fozzy

you go to stanford, you major in science technology and society (which is the jock major at stanford that lets everyone know you're a jock who didn't get into the school on your academic merits). maybe you play in the NFL, maybe you don't. in the bay and at stanford -- you're the pariah. kleiner perkins isn't hiring you. google or facebook aren't hiring you. you will have an asterisk next to your stanford degree for as long as you live because you're an athlete, especially a football player. i've sat in countless hiring committees and repeatedly watched hiring managers laugh and then scold their recruiters for bringing them "pseudo ivies" aka scholarship athlete stanford/ivy people.

at washington, in a city lorded over by uw people, you will forever be the hometown hero. people will crawl over each other in an attempt to get you set for life and networked. you go to an elite school, represent your hometown/family/friends, nfl or not you can go any direction and get recognized.

source: lived and did the silicon valley cliche for many years, dated stanford athlete.

/doog off

seriously, that is the worst pitch i've ever seen. you sound bitter, "lived here" for a couple years then couldn't hack it (get it, "hack"...har har har) and really think he won't get hired at facebook but would be a fucking hero in seattle. and regarding a stanford athlete, pics or it didn't happen dude because if it's not Logan Tom or someone who looks a hella lot like Alison Stokke then sorry, steak knives. hit the bricks.
    OK!