Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Scott Woodward Gets the Job Done...

2»

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Mosster47 said:

Mad_Son said:

In that first one it looks like Sark is attempting Blue Steel

When are you gonna drop "Magnum" on us buddy?

I can't turn left, brah.
  • Options
    ScarfTardFTWScarfTardFTW Member Posts: 38
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    TMacDawg said:

...with an assist from Pat Haden FS.

We really need to get Pat a fruit basket or something.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

TMacDawg said:

It would be wrong to flood the USC AD office with thank you cards. Just wrong.
    If you haven't learned anything ...

This bored is lazy ...

Addresses go a long way
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2013
    PRedoubt said:

LawDawg1 said:

Has he lost "pool boy?"

Let's compare him to Mike Lude, who never had to hire a football HC here, and Babs the cunt...

Woodward made the situation worse by letting TW hang around to almost destroy the program, (but that MAY have been "NO BALLS" Emmert). I like to call him "No Balls".

He did ok hiring Pool Boy. He again probably let him hang around too long.

He DID get the stadium done, long before I ever thought he could do it. Lude got a North Upper Deck built on time AFTER it fell down once.

Babs got HecEd rebuilt.

Advantage Woodward.

Coaches: Lude, inherited Coach James. Babs: Slick, & Gilby. Todd Emmert: HWSNBN.

Woodward: Sark & "Not Fat Chris" Petersen. (I like to call him Not Fat Chris.)

Advantage Woodward.

The evidence points to Woodward being the best AD since Joe Kearney. (37 years)
    Why do you call sark pool boy?

And if you are going to call Ty HWSNBN then you probably need to either LEAVE back to doogman or PM IrishDawg. He has this place dialed in.
  • Options
    DeepPurpleDeepPurple Member Posts: 201
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Testing 1
    edited December 2013
    dnc said:

Ultimately, results are all that matters. And this time Woodward got results.

But on the surface, it appears like Woodward got really lucky.

Luck plays a factor in this stuff. UW was lucky to get Don James, because he almost go the Colorado job the year before, but he turned out to be their #2 choice.

Colorado hired some guy that was coming off of an 11-0 season from Miami (OH), compared to James record of 9-2 at Kent State.

But James turned out to be the better coach.
  • Options
    PRedoubtPRedoubt Member Posts: 141
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    edited December 2013

I need to see a Rose Bowl championship before putting Woodward over Babs.

Babs FIRED her Rose Bowl coach.

Best AD in my lifetime?

a. Jim Owens (2-1 in Rose Bowls and ran the AD at the same time)
    b. Joe Kearney (forced Jim Owens to "retire" and hired Don James)
    c. Mike Lude (built North Upper Deck, twice; and protected Don James)
    d. Babs (remodeled HecEd, but DID NOT protect Don James from Gerberding, and started the decline.) Staff? (Hired Lambo, Slick, and Gilby) (Put Title IX, ie lesbian baseball, ahead of football.)
    e. Todd (with 2 d's) Turner. (complete fuck up, hired HWSNBN and protected him.)
    f. Woodward (Rebuilt HS on time and on budget, hired Sark and Coach Petersen; I like to call him Coach Petersen.)

answer: (b) Joe Kearney, he hired Don James from Kent State because of his interview. He said he knew it when he saw it; "Professionalism".

2. Lude
    3. Owens
    4. Woodward
    5. Babs
    6. Todd with 2 d's. It's hard to believe that somebody was worse than Babs.

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,169
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    topdawgnc said:

TMacDawg said:

It would be wrong to flood the USC AD office with thank you cards. Just wrong.
    If you haven't learned anything ...

This bored is lazy ...

Addresses go a long way
    Pepsi already poasted this shit but it's buried on page 3 or 4. I twatted a link to my thank you note to Haden's twatter account.

And yeah, I'm too lazy to look up his twatter.
  • Options
    DeLarryDeLarry Member Posts: 230
    Testing 1 First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Woodward vs Kearney...I'm still going Kearney. He was taking a lot bigger chance and if defined the program for decades afterward. That's huge.

Woodward, for all the good he's done in the last two weeks, has been bailed out by circumstance. He'd have kept FatSark around next year and given him an inevitable extension after the inevitable 10 win season, and the program would still be fucked.

Woodward did great once he was forced to, but he'd have never fired Sark, and a great AD fires Sark. Has to.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    TMacDawg said:

Thank you Pat Haden for making it virtually impossible for Woody to fuck up this hire. Never forget.

seriously though, Woody (and his amazing AD in training) didn't hire Petersen. CP wanted the job and told them he was taking it. They had no plan B or budget, so it got done.

Please remember, that 99% of the credit goes to Haden and 1% to CP. Our? AD is not responsible for the success.
  • Options
    mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited October 2016
    Poolboy is still Poolboy and still a piece of shit along with Mascara Emmert and all the dipshits since DJ left.

If not for Haden being the least perceptive, most gullible, blindest AD this side of Todd Turner, we'd be three years further down Sark's drunken rabbit hole decorated with the admin's and real-estate salesman's perennial excuses.

Petersen came to Poolboy, not vica versa. He was probably too intimidated to say no.

Also, for the record, many if not most on this self congratulatory circle jerk bored were very vocal about Petersen being another bust hire from the announcement through the Az game, despite obvious signs of the team's improvement.

For the record.

Carry on.

• Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,151
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I applaud woody for getting the stadium done even without the money or financial transparency. That project wouldnt have gotten done otherwise and we wouldn't have #stadiumdefault to keep us focused on winning and revenue.