Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Pete's assessment of the O-line.

PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
edited August 2016 in Hardcore Husky Board
Today Coach said he'd like to see Jake stay in the pocket more...but pass protection has been poor.

Great, here we go again.

Seriously, doesn't Pete know how young we are?

Comments

• PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,924 Founders Club
    I'm surprised you're surprised.
  • H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    guntlove said:

Strausser is a worthless pile of fuck.

He's had three years to try to produce even an average o-line, and he's tripped on his dick every time. Plus he can't recruit for shit.

Roadie's right, outside of J-Smiff's fucktardery, the OL is the biggest reason why this team will shit the bed. Again. For the 15th year running.

You should poast more often.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club
    Fire the whole offensive staff minus whoever the fuck coaches RBs. TE are useless, OL has been shitty, WR have sucked balls, and Brownsocks shits himself. Really just fire Peterson and burn this motherfucker down.
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,300
    But lincoln Kennedy said trey adams was the second coming of himself?!??!
  • QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,291 Swaye's Wigwam
    I think this OL shit is starting to get overblown. We don't have DWarsh any more to fuck everything up. Therefore, it's coaching. Just give it to fucking Gaskin and don't abandon it.

Our only hope is (gulp) Tedford.

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club

I think this OL shit is starting to get overblown. We don't have DWarsh any more to fuck everything up. Therefore, it's coaching. Just give it to fucking Gaskin and don't abandon it.

So what you're saying is, "Help us Obi Ted, you're our only hope?"

• SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,279 Founders Club

It might be. As always LIPO, with a dash of "until proven otherwise, they still suck".

Best case scenario, the defense really is lights out, forcing the offense to get better at all positions during practice. The OL actually did a fair job run blocking towards the end of last season. Pass protection was a problem and maybe still is. If so, chances are slim to none that this team will challenge for the North. They need to have enough of a passing threat to keep opposing defenses honest and greatly increase the number of big plays over last year's dreck. Gaskin and Ross Tres are both potential game changers. They have to be used properly. If that happens, the offense could be a pleasant surprise. But, that dumpster fire they called an offense last season says Babushka is not the guy to use anyone properly. Until proven otherwise, they still suck.
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,744

Zach went to USC to be close to his daddy and he still won't acknowledge him?
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,279 Founders Club
    edited August 2016
    Dardanus said:

Shut hole with this shit already. Stevens players are mostly all gone. I expect to be good as a result

Puppy Lives!

He died in the Wigwam
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,490 Swaye's Wigwam
    CAN'T wait to PROVE the HATERS wrong about our DAWGS

DAWGS are stronger in a PACK.
  • PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    edited August 2016

OL is a real reason besides coaching this team won't be that great.

That's the point.

Today I talked to a moron who said, "maybe our defense is just really good." After laughing at him, I reminded his dumb ass that we had one of the greatest defenses in college football history in 1991, but in practice Lincoln Kennedy, Malamala and company held their own in practice.

I'm sick of all the talk about the WRs (who also suck). The O-line is the real dumpster fire.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    edited August 2016
    Passion said:

OL is a real reason besides coaching this team won't be that great.

That's the point.

Today I talked to a moron who said, "maybe our defense is just really good." After laughing at him, I reminded his dumb ass that we had one of the greatest defenses in college football history in 1991, but in practice Lincoln Kennedy, Malamala and company held their own in practice.

I'm sick of all the talk about the WRs (who also suck). The O-line is the real dumpster fire.
    Ballbag?
  • ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    some of you motherfuckers seem to be believing that bullshit that Simon Jude writes. He always has said, always says, and always will say that some piece of the team is young and that's the end of the fucking season. He is a fucking Duck writing fucking Duck bullshit. Don't believe it. The team is young, yes. They are always young. They are supposed to be young. They are college students. College students tend to be what? THEY TEND TO BE YOUNG. Some of you fall for the same fucking bullshit year after year.