Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Message from a soon-to-be former Hardcore Poster.

Comments

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

class="Quote" rel="monroecougdad">

Just because dawgman moderated itself to death, doesn't mean all moderation is bad.

This will strike a lot of people as hearsay, but the sexy avatars and threads about banging coeds might be be a good thing to axe. They don't scream intelligent husky football conversation. However, I do have a soft spot in my heart for lemon party jokes.

Can we get a higher level banging coeds forum here?
    How do you think we matchup with ASU?

Why in the hell did I not go to ASU? If I was going to have a shit football team to watch, might as well have had more intersting distractions...
  • Options
    ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    this message board is a lot more watered down from the other HHB-type boards in recent years. On those boards the posters got hazed for a few days.

Part of the problem comes down to fans having deep cynicism due to stupid decisions like hiring Coach Willingham. It all stems from the 'half brain' characterization.

some tips.... don't ever get pissed of or let a poster rattle you.... don't produced arguments of tortured ratiocination, deeply reasoned football posts are bullshit. Even half reasoned logic is usually a waste of time. Football posts show every conceivable logical fallacy and should be studied by logicians who could find new ones.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,982
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Don't disagree with anything Swaye said but for me the real frustration stems that I think this site really could overtake Dawgman and be a legitimate voice of Husky Football or at least something where the Athletic Department could go to get a real pulse of what smart and demanding fans think of the program. Because Dawgman really is a disaster, I have not been to the message board over there in months and don't care. It is worthless info for the most part. The only thing enjoyable to me is the summaries of what Fleenor actually writes and most of the time that has nothing to do with football.

Like it or not the extreme profanity and tails (See what I did there) of banging co-eds, gifs etc... make the site more dismissive to outside observers despite the intelligence of the football posts here.

It's Derek's site and it would be a lot to ask and very time demanding for someone to moderate all of this and I respect that. I find it worth it to come and filter through all of the Internet Tough Guy fights, barely legal photos and all else to get my husky fix and premium content. But for people that are offended by that type of stuff you are exactly right, this place is not for them. The frustrating part is this is where the most intelligent conversations about husky football take place but it is too extreme to be main stream.

Just my thoughts.
  • Options
    Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,648
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    This thread has become exhausting. But, it does ease the frustration.

Bring on the coed matchups.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    College Doog inspired me. More ASU!

• Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    This site is fantastic, the lack of moderation a breath of fresh air after seeing Dawgman drown and die in it.

That being said, the site is way too circle jerkish/inside jokeish to ever get mainstream IMO. I still don't know what 80% of the references mean. Nor care.

I'm just grateful there are still lots of Husky fans out there who aren't completely off the deep end, so thank allah for this site.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    To be honest a lot of you really haven't explored the internet if you think this place is bad. Go give 4chan a whirl and you will come back thinking this place is Sesame Street.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

this message board is a lot more watered down from the other HHB-type boards in recent years. On those boards the posters got hazed for a few days.

Part of the problem comes down to fans having deep cynicism due to stupid decisions like hiring Coach Gilbertson, Coach Willingham, and Coach Sarkisian. It all stems from the 'half brain' characterization.

some tips.... don't ever get pissed of or let a poster rattle you.... don't produced arguments of tortured ratiocination, deeply reasoned football posts are bullshit. Even half reasoned logic is usually a waste of time. Football posts show every conceivable logical fallacy and should be studied by logicians who could find new ones.

• Options

Don't disagree with anything Swaye said but for me the real frustration stems that I think this site really could overtake Dawgman and be a legitimate voice of Husky Football or at least something where the Athletic Department could go to get a real pulse of what smart and demanding fans think of the program.

The Athletic Department doesn't give a flying fuck what fans think of the program.

@CokeGreaterThanPepsi can confirm this for you.

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,843
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Some of the posts are a little over the top, and I'm guilty as anyone sometimes, but this site has a good balance between the fball talk and frivolity right now.

The gifs, memes, and girls are great. You're not going to find that on the corporate sites.
  • Options

There's nothing intelligent to discuss about Husky football.

Hope this helps.

It's rare that I disagree with Boobs but in this case, I do and here's why.

It's true that we've been saying the same thing for years and that we've been consistently right ever since Rick was fired. If it's unintelligent to keep repeating ourselves to the ignant (Hi PL_SS!) masses of Doogs, then Boobs is correct.

I believe the conversations that take place are intelligent because unlike Kim or Eklund or F3, we're not simply trying to appease the coaches and AD so we can maintain access. Unlike the Doogs, we are blinded by unquestioning loyalty or simple ignorance. The intelligent conversations break down why Sark and Pool Boy suck. Why Emmert was and still is the worst enemy of UW and college football.

That's why this place still has intelligent yet crude conversations about UW football.
    I respectfully agree with you and take back my previous statement.

Wanna cyber?
  • Options
    loadsockloadsock Member Posts: 686
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment Testing 1
    dnc said:

There's a lot of truth to what he's saying, but dude needs to man up and post it on the bored himself. That's the beauty of this hellhole, you're allowed to say what you think whether it is kissing the asses of the admins and core contributors or not. PM'ing someone to complain about not liking certain content is exactly how a few idiots ruined the Dawgman that we mutually hate.

Man up or shut up.

P.S. Vashon's ryk

If said poster did post this, you and I both know not only what the responses would be but also who they would be from.

The acronyms and inside jokes (the ones I actually know) can be funny as hell at the right moments but this board falls into some trends where that's all you read and to the unfamiliar types, I'm not sure there's much reason why they'd actively participate on this board.

Many people dog on the Passions and the Steve Bowman's of this board. I personally found their POVs on Dawgman and on this site great but even when they provide their thoughts, they are ridiculed at every opportunity. Like him or not, Passion has always been a great poster on all things Husky football.

If said poster revealed himself, I think it would be great because I pretty much agree with everything he wrote to Passion.

• Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Lets not cyber in the middle of the store fellas.
  • Options

What are you wearing?

Uh...khakis?
  • Options
    Is underage where we draw the line?