Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

How to pay for Single Payer

allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QsfjEh7AfN0

Or you can keep lying about how the richest country on earth can't afford it.

Comments

• PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,027 Founders Club
    Wants to murder babies, but also thinks everyone is entitled to free medical care. Interesting position.

I guess you don't know any doctors or you wouldn't be advocating to further ruin their livelihood.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    PurpleJ said:

Wants to murder babies, but also thinks everyone is entitled to free medical care. Interesting position.

I guess you don't know any doctors or you wouldn't be advocating to further ruin their livelihood.

Who said medical care was free? Last I checked there was a cost to single payer.

J wrong as usual.
    Should have put "free" in quotes. That's the word you use to justify stealing from people who earn a living., right Hondo?

PurpleJ said:

I'm not exactly sure how you think some anectdotal evidence and crying baby killer refutes the video. It was you in another thread that said the cost would drive us off a cliff. Now, with the cost laid out in front of you, you resort to nonsense. It speaks volumes.
    Disagree.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,821 Founders Club
    I listened to a bit of it. Yes, we could consolidate all the costs and programs and start over and come up with a single payer system that is very affordable and could even provide good care, Blow it up and start over.

But Obamacare is the template of what the current congress and parties will come up with. A mish mash of inefficient shit that keeps all the donors getting paid and the people getting fucked.

I'm not optmistic
    Sounds great in theory.
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346

I listened to a bit of it. Yes, we could consolidate all the costs and programs and start over and come up with a single payer system that is very affordable and could even provide good care, Blow it up and start over.

But Obamacare is the template of what the current congress and parties will come up with. A mish mash of inefficient shit that keeps all the donors getting paid and the people getting fucked.

I'm not optmistic

Mr. Sanders is your man with the plan. #BackBernie
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771

I'm not optmistic

Obama is a fucking loser and what he could and could not get done does not define what can be done.

I'm not optmistic

Imagine if conservatives would have embraced the bill rather than just say no.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,821 Founders Club
    2001400ex said:

I'm not optmistic

Obama is a fucking loser and what he could and could not get done does not define what can be done.

Why would anyone other than a lackey like you embrace a pile of shit?
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,612 Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

I'm not optmistic

Imagine if you went back to dawgman...
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    Flagged for the young turks
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    dhdawg said:

Flagged for the young turks

I'm a paying member of their website ;)
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    It's easy to say healthcare is free in other countries but gloss over the tax rates that are paid to help subsidize everything ...

No question that healthcare can be significantly better in this country (particularly from a price component) ... but centralizing it in a government system that is overrun with bureaucracy, fraud, and no motivation to minimize costs is not the answer.

2001400ex said:

I'm not optmistic

Why would anyone other than a lackey like you embrace a pile of shit?
    That's the problem with you race. You don't get it. If Republicans would have added their input, Democrats would have made changes to buy the votes.

Instead we got a pile of shit.

Instead the Republicans made a gamble that the bill would fuck up our economy like they predicted. And they lost. They gambled that voters would vote for the bill to be repealed in 2012 and lost. And now that 20 million Americans have been affected by the bill positively, it's not going away.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Are you actually saying that Obamacare has been a success?