Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

How to pay for Single Payer

2»

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,208
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

I listened to a bit of it. Yes, we could consolidate all the costs and programs and start over and come up with a single payer system that is very affordable and could even provide good care, Blow it up and start over.

But Obamacare is the template of what the current congress and parties will come up with. A mish mash of inefficient shit that keeps all the donors getting paid and the people getting fucked.

I'm not optmistic

Imagine if conservatives would have embraced the bill rather than just say no.
    Obama is a fucking loser and what he could and could not get done does not define what can be done.

Why would anyone other than a lackey like you embrace a pile of shit?
    That's the problem with you race. You don't get it. If Republicans would have added their input, Democrats would have made changes to buy the votes.

Instead we got a pile of shit.

Instead the Republicans made a gamble that the bill would fuck up our economy like they predicted. And they lost. They gambled that voters would vote for the bill to be repealed in 2012 and lost. And now that 20 million Americans have been affected by the bill positively, it's not going away.
    Obama did not want any GOP input. This is his bill. The GOP has nothing to do with it being good or bad. If the democrats wanted a good bill all they had to do was write one and pass it. Your logic is fucktarded as usual.

Then you close by saying it is actually a good bill. Make up your mind. Just kidding, we know you are told what to think
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Can you listen for comprehension? What do you think she's telling you?
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Do you need a fucking dictionary?

Difference between now and then... then, Republicans warned it was a moneygrab and shitshow. Now, we KNOW!
  • Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment

I listened to a bit of it. Yes, we could consolidate all the costs and programs and start over and come up with a single payer system that is very affordable and could even provide good care, Blow it up and start over.

But Obamacare is the template of what the current congress and parties will come up with. A mish mash of inefficient shit that keeps all the donors getting paid and the people getting fucked.

I'm not optmistic

Obama is a fucking loser and what he could and could not get done does not define what can be done.
    If by some miracle/natural disaster Sanders was to be elected POTUS, he will be downright envious of how much of his legislative agenda Obama was able to enact. Because Bernie woouldn't get shit passed through congress, not with 100% of Republicans and a decent portion of Democrats opposing everything he wants to do.
  • Options
    priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,036
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    I hate that Youngturks guy - talks 12X more than he should. He could have just said, "Eliminate the middleman costs," and then finished the vid in 90 seconds.

Single-payer, so far, sounds good to me.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,687
    TheGlove said:

I'm not optmistic

Mr. Sanders is your man with the plan. #BackBernie
    The guy without a job until he was 40? Yeah he's a man!
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,687
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

I'm not optmistic

Imagine if conservatives would have embraced the bill rather than just say no.

Why would anyone other than a lackey like you embrace a pile of shit?
    That's the problem with you race. You don't get it. If Republicans would have added their input, Democrats would have made changes to buy the votes.

Instead we got a pile of shit.

Instead the Republicans made a gamble that the bill would fuck up our economy like they predicted. And they lost. They gambled that voters would vote for the bill to be repealed in 2012 and lost. And now that 20 million Americans have been affected by the bill positively, it's not going away.
    The republicans didn't get to add squat. It was rammed down our throats. Remember "we have to pass it to see what's in it"? Written by the Apollo group. You don't think they created that huge pile of shit that quick do you? It has F'd up our economy and the biggest hits are yet to come! All the largest tax increases come after BHO leaves office.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,489
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Ah yes the government running single payer. After watching them w/ medicare/Medicaid/social security where their plan to pay it has been "write another iou", what could go wrong?
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,437
    Why would we create a single-payer system?

Just adopt the Netherland's or Japan's healthcare systems and call it a day
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Tequilla said:

It's easy to say healthcare is free in other countries but gloss over the tax rates that are paid to help subsidize everything ...

No question that healthcare can be significantly better in this country (particularly from a price component) ... but centralizing it in a government system that is overrun with bureaucracy, fraud, and no motivation to minimize costs is not the answer.

Did you miss the part where taxes go up, but insurance premiums are eliminated?

I think you missed that part.

The money argument is a loser. To the tune of $5-9 trillion. And if you think insurance companies aren't overrun with bureaucracy, well I just can't help you.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper

Tequilla said:

It's easy to say healthcare is free in other countries but gloss over the tax rates that are paid to help subsidize everything ...

No question that healthcare can be significantly better in this country (particularly from a price component) ... but centralizing it in a government system that is overrun with bureaucracy, fraud, and no motivation to minimize costs is not the answer.

Did you miss the part where taxes go up, but insurance premiums are eliminated?

I think you missed that part.

The money argument is a loser. To the tune of $5-9 trillion. And if you think insurance companies aren't overrun with bureaucracy, well I just can't help you.
    Why are you so smart and Obama so dumb? He let the insurance companies write the bill AFTER it was passed.