Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

UW Hoops

13»

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    TommySQC said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Hasn't Fultz already signed his LOI?

Yes, but there has been times when a player is released if the coach is let go and allowed to leave.
    And why should I care about that?

Why should 17-18 year old kids dictate what grown ups be doing?
    Then why bring up the LOI?

If Romar goes Fultz will get out of his LOI. If you think Romar should go regardless I agree, but Fultz's LOI means nothing.
    Purely for those saying that Fultz is guaranteed to leave if Romar leaves.

He may ... but he's also already signed his LOI. We don't have to let him out of it. We can be nice and do so ... but we hold the leverage on it ... not Fultz.

And as has been stated ad nauseam, the right coach matters 1000x more anyway.

Go look around the country at the number of "basketball schools" ... the thing you'll notice with them all is that it is tied to the quality of the coach.
    Nobody holds kids to their LOIs when a coach is canned. If Romar is gone, Fultz will be too.
    I don't agree he's gone at all. I think they would let him out of his LOI, but that given the right hire Fultz would still come to UW for what the team has coming back. If UW hired a good coach, and held onto one of chriss/murray and possibly both, you're telling me that fultz is just going to run away from that based on romar. I don't buy it.

Still think the guy wants to be a husky and would show up unless they hired someone like camron dollar.

And I also think that whomever is hired at uw would be insane to get rid of Will. Conroy should be kept on regardless of who is hired.
    He didn't pick UW for Murray/Chriss, he picked UW for Romar. An absolute home run hire might get him to stay, but we all know we're not making one of those for hoops.
    So we keep Romar because a 17yo kids likes him?
    no
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    salemcoog said:

I know this is fishing @Tequilla but gregg marshall is going to have to take a serious look around after this year. Both his studs leave and if someone like UW could write a nice sized check he'd have enough clout recently to hold onto a guy like fultz possibly.

Obviously i'm an archie miller fan but i don't know how he goes midwest to pac12 other than the brotherly link.

Why does Greg Marshall need "to take a look around"? If He was interested in upward mobility, He would have been gone 3 Seasons ago.
    It is becoming harder and harder to compete in non power five conferences. It will continue over the next five years. He doesn't have a great class of kids after the current seniors which is why he didn't leave three years ago. He wanted to see this class to their senior year and he was proved right on its talent. Nobody is saying he leaves for sure. It just wouldn't shock me that a power 5 school pays him just like shacka left.

• Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    If this season doesn't prove why you don't let a recruiting class wag the dog, nothing will.

And you fags flagged my "Romar-to-AD" post into oblivion...
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    TTJ said:

If this season doesn't prove why you don't let a recruiting class wag the dog, nothing will.

And you fags flagged my "Romar-to-AD" post into oblivion...

Because Romar hasn't consistently made good hires for his assistants, why the fuck would anyone want him running an ad?
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,410
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I did a statistical analysis of all the power 5 conferences coaches who've missed the tourney (soon to be) 5 years in a row and have been at a school for 10 plus years in doing so.

There was one, and you'll never guess who it was......

He's going to be here next year, but it will be a tourney or bust scenario.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club