Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Did it hit the ground official thread

124»

Comments

• Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Same kind of stomach sinking shit feeling you get when an Auburn bastard's knee doesn't hit the ground all the way.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Ball hit the ground

Should we consider this another Kevin smith drop? Thought he had a pretty good chance at making the catch

Absolutely it's another drop. He should have caught the ball.

That's a tough expectation to me. Toughest catch in football not to trap that ball. I would be shocked if that's a drop by any statistician. Like an OF trapping a low line drive, that's never scored an error.

ASJ's was a drop, and I thought Kasen's on first down was as well.

• Options
    DisplacedDawgDisplacedDawg Member Posts: 42
    Photogenic First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Fact is, the 4th down play should have been moot. We can whine all we want, but the game was lost in other phases of the game and sealed when it hit ASJ in the hands and dropped. Despite the undisciplined football, he makes that catch, I think we go on to win.
  • Options
    DeLarryDeLarry Member Posts: 230
    Testing 1 First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    The still shows the ball on the ground. The video also shows the ball bouncing off the ground.

The best TE in the country had the ball between his fingers on third down. Kick coverage looked like 2008 quality. We deliberately gave a short field going into the half. a deeper kick and they probably settle for 3, and UW wins. Oh, and UW looked as sloppy as a team can in terms of penalties.
  • Options
    BlackieBlackie Member Posts: 499
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper 5 Up Votes

Where is his right hand though Boobie. It probably is incomplete, but CONCLUSIVE.... I haven't seen it yet. Don't forget, they called a complete pass.

Protip: His right hand IS NOT under the ball. If it was, you wouldn't see the clear curvature of the football in that picture.

If you don't think this evidence is conclusive, you probably served on the OJ jury.

Maybe this evidence will convince you:

Free pub!
    Do we need another angle, or can we go ahead and agree that she's on the ground?
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,379
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,599
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Nice to see the Seahawks fans from the Superbowl loss posting here.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    PurpleJ said:

Nice to see the Seahawks fans from the Superbowl loss posting here.

Thread over, we have a winner.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,617
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    I can't understand why people are still questioning the ruling. A ball that hits the ground catching it is not a reception.
  • Options
    jecornel said:

I can't understand why people are still questioning the ruling. A ball that hits the ground catching it is not a reception.

We have a lot of Doogs on this bored.
  • Options
    DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,482
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Joe -- here's the deal. If the booth had more angles than we saw on TV, then yes, maybe they saw something indisputable. I question that they did as this was a nationally televised game on ESPN. But if they did only see the same angles we did, it take some serious guts to make yourself that big of a part of the game to basically decide the game and overturn the call on the field when the ref on the field had an excellent view of the call and ruled it a catch. Someone with sense up in the booth should have said, I see it COULD have hit the ground, but let's let them settle it on the field. That should be how this game is played.

Full on doog now....there were a number of bullshit calls in the game, especially in the 1st half. Sure we can play better but it's almost like there's a little huddle before the game where they say "Keep an eye on these Washington players. They lead the nation in penalties." On several occasions, Stanford OL moved prior to the snap and it wasn't called and they held FREQUENTLY as well on offense. They seemed to call that shit on us a lot more. Watch the fucking game and see for yourself.
  • Options
    Bump, because there are still fucktards on this bored that need to read this thread.
  • Options
    Hi volcanodoog.
  • Options
    BAMAdawg10BAMAdawg10 Member Posts: 145
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    MelloDawg said:

Of course it hit the ground. But Pac-12 refs cost us the game, everyone says so.

A loss is a fucking loss. There are THREE phases to the game and when you get dominated in one of them, you deserve to lose. Offense was fine, defense was alright against an average QB.

Think we're winning one of the next two? If you do, you might be a doog.

Disagree. I thought the defense played pretty well considering the shit position they kept getting put in by the special teams assholes. Kevin Hogan isn't Teddy Bridgewater, but he's certainly not average.

If we (I like to say "we") play against ASU like we did against Stanford, we win rather easily...you know the score.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

I couldn't tell on my shitty Latvian feed.

Yes, it did.