Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Shades of Sark

13»

Comments

• Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Dabo earned his stripes last night.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    topdawgnc said:

He earned his stripes by building Clemson up to the point they reached the title game. He shit the bed last night.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

Despite all this Dabo-is-Sark talk, Bellevue High School beats PLU by 2 scores on neutral field. Simple fact.

I like to pretend that PLU's players could tackle Myles Jack, Budda Baker, and John Nguyen.
    A joke it was.
  • Options

topdawgnc said:

He earned his stripes by building Clemson up to the point they reached the title game. He shit the bed last night.
    He didn't shit the bed, Saban's just a little bit better than him. No need to resort to hyperbole. It was a one score game where Clemson was able to both contain Henry and run Gallman for a touchdown. They should've gone into half up by three if Bama hadn't gotten a finger on the kick. Sabes schemed the two or three plays that made the difference, but I don't see how you can say Dabo actively held his team back.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,527
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    I was really impressed with Clemson's front 7, particularly their DL talent / depth.

Things look good for them in the ACC other than FSU. Miami is rebuilding again with Richt and NC, NC State, and Virginia aren't threats. Georgia Tech went 1-7 in the ACC last year.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    edited January 2016

topdawgnc said:

He shit the bed?

Lost by 5 points.

Nobody predicted 5 years ago he would be here.

.742 winning percentage

Dude, you're fucking stoned.
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    Such dipshit, Roaddoog.

At least Clemson was competitive, unlike your boyfriend D'Antonio.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,720
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

topdawgnc said:

He didn't shit the bed, Saban's just a little bit better than him. No need to resort to hyperbole. It was a one score game where Clemson was able to both contain Henry and run Gallman for a touchdown. They should've gone into half up by three if Bama hadn't gotten a finger on the kick. Sabes schemed the two or three plays that made the difference, but I don't see how you can say Dabo actively held his team back.
    Thank you. Losing by 5 to the best coach of his generation is not shitting the bed.

He got outcoached by Saban. Basically everyone besides Urban does.
    Huh?

What about me?
  • Options
    Look at the points, in the last three years the only teams that scored more against Bama than Clemson were '13 aTm, ''13 Oklahoma, 14 Auburn, '14 Ohio State, and inexplicably, '15 Ole Miss.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Why are you guys pretending this was David vs Goliath? It wasn't. Clemson was undefeated and ranked #1 for a reason. They are good and have the best QB in the country. They lost because they were severely out coached.

I don't know how you couldn't be furious if you were a Clemson fan. I just don't see Saban or Meyer's teams blowing coverages that badly and being so ill prepared on special teams. That is typically something average and shitty teams do, not ones in the title game. But by all means, keep giving Dabo back slaps and orange slices for a good effort.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lOL2h8F3aA
  • Options
    Dude, take your pills and relax, it's over.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Dude, take your pills and relax, it's over.

I'm jacked up bruh
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Soft?

Didn't make plays when it mattered.
    Kreist. Go back to 'hooking.

It suits you better.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    salemcoog said:

Soft?

Didn't make plays when it mattered.
    Kreist. Go back to 'hooking.

It suits you better.
    I will on Sunday. My hooks are winners.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Doogles said:

I don't think Clemson played soft, but I had the thought that Dabo's general heart on the slave antics were Sarkish. He was bitching and whining the whole game. His players believe in him, which is more than I can say for Sark, but there is a lot of sizzle with Dabo.

He would never do better than 7-6 at Washington.

Surely you don't think Clemson is a job where a 7 win coach at UW can win 13 games?

Dabo might not win a title here but he could win double digits rather easily. He's not a great coach but he doesn't suck.
    lulz at the idea that Clemson isn't an ACC Washington. The team history is basically exactly the same. They've had ONE natty team ('81) and have gone up/down the rungs of good mediocrity sometimes having runs where they are consistently in the top 25.

I'm not a big Dabo guy, but what he's done is undeniable IMO. He took a program that was being run by a Sark-like guy (Tommy B.) and built this shit into a space where we were in a Natty and are poised to be really fucking good next year.
    Exactly. Very similar program profiles.
    'cept for the trajectory and 25 year difference.

Spot on.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,720
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm ruling in favor of Road on this one. Is it harsh to say Dabo sucked while he had his unbeaten squad contend valiantly for the title? Yes it is but some of you need to check what bored you are on. Just about every team and coach sucks.

If that had been our DAWGS we would have been pissed. Old half brain law - special teams are on the head coach. We got that from James. So did Saban. So that is on Dabo and he got worked hard on special teams. Announcers said they had issues all year.

We would hate our secondary too. Anyone remember the Holiday Bowl against Texas? At least our guys were in the same area code when they got burnt to a crisp.

Dawgman would be saying how proud they are of our DAWGS for the fight. Hardcore Husky would want Petersen fired.