Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Woodward Sells the Couch

Comments

• PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,587 Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

But I thought Woodward wouldn't feel fulfilled until the football team makes the playoffs and the basketball team makes the final four?

Looks like he won't find aTm very fulfilling
  • digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,480

6.9 seconds start now.

The Aggie money guys don't fuck around. Woody better have a golden parachute.

Weren't you the one saying those Tejas BIG BOYS would never hire Woodward?
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,704 Founders Club
    Mosster47 said:

Disagree on Rich Rod. That was hiring Ty after he failed at Notre Dame. And now RR is flailing at Arizona.

That being said, hiring a football coach is a crap shoot. If this guy is a big football booster type then you give hi a look

Not everything in the world is comparable to Willingham.
    I didn't say everything in the world is. This is a direct comparison though

Coach has some minor success at a lower major school, gets hired by a big time program and shits the bed and gets fired.

Gets hired by another school right after being fired. No real half brain would have gone for that. Oh, and he sucks. Not 0-12 suck but he sucks

Minor success? 60-26 overall, 34-14 conference, four conference titles, and two BCS bowl wins.

What the fuck is regular success? You realize there is only one Nick Saban and one Urban Meyer right? Even Nick Saban thinks it's FS to compare coaches to Nick Saban.

You're literally losing your shit.
    Losers make excuses. Winners win. I'm not surprised that doogs would love Rich Rod. Or wildcat fans.

Ty didn't get a fair shake at ND either according to doogs. And he won at Stanford which was tougher than the third rate league WV played in.

I boil things down because doogs need to write volumes of bullshit to cover for losers.

Hope this helps
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,704 Founders Club

Disagree on Rich Rod. That was hiring Ty after he failed at Notre Dame. And now RR is flailing at Arizona.

That being said, hiring a football coach is a crap shoot. If this guy is a big football booster type then you give hi a look

Coach has some minor success at a lower major school, gets hired by a big time program and shits the bed and gets fired.

Gets hired by another school right after being fired. No real half brain would have gone for that. Oh, and he sucks. Not 0-12 suck but he sucks
    Anyone who actually paid attention to the Rodriguez fiasco in Michigan knows he didn't get a fair shake. He was marked from the start, and his spread offense was not a good fit for the big money donors who insisted on a pro-style offense for the Wolverines. There is absolutely no comparison to be had with Willingham's tenure at Notre Dame, where he was a self-inflicted disaster from the beginning.

I know you like to boil every situation down to easily digestible comparisons that the lowest common denominators on this board can actually understand, but you're way off base here. Again.
    You mean national coach of the year at ND Ty? Get your facts straight. Rich Rod sucked at Michigan. Great excuses as always.

• Postal91Postal91 Member Posts: 1,809

This makes me insanely happy!!!!!!!
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,586 Swaye's Wigwam
    Rich Rod sucks and fucked up by not taking advantage of backing into the P12 CG last year.
  • CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    I know Jen Cohen, Jen Cohen is tuff. But if we hire her we should just finally admit publically that we don't care about winning or changing our bullshit athletic fucking department.

For fucks sake.
    Romar, without the help of your staff, please draw an inbounds play. . . . . . .
    That's what I thought, door. ass. out.
    kh83 said:

Side bonus - new AD can D.A.O. Romar, with no prior connections and wanting to get "his guy" in.

If Jen Cohen gets the gig, I will set my season tickets on fucking fire.

She'll set up some ticket special with Doogman and take a cut of the proceeds.

I know Jen Cohen, Jen Cohen is tuff. But if we hire her we should just finally admit publically that we don't care about winning or changing our bullshit athletic fucking department.

For fucks sake.

• FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,744

Mosster47 said:

Minor success? 60-26 overall, 34-14 conference, four conference titles, and two BCS bowl wins.

What the fuck is regular success? You realize there is only one Nick Saban and one Urban Meyer right? Even Nick Saban thinks it's FS to compare coaches to Nick Saban.

You're literally losing your shit.
    Losers make excuses. Winners win. I'm not surprised that doogs would love Rich Rod. Or wildcat fans.

Ty didn't get a fair shake at ND either according to doogs. And he won at Stanford which was tougher than the third rate league WV played in.

I boil things down because doogs need to write volumes of bullshit to cover for losers.

Hope this helps
    Ty won at Stanford but Rich Rod is flailing at Arizona?

55% vs. 62%.

This isn't a good look for you.
  • DonaldTrumpDonaldTrump Member Posts: 53
    Condoleezza Rice.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,587 Swaye's Wigwam
    C. Fetters, Esquire
  • DonaldTrumpDonaldTrump Member Posts: 53
    edited January 2016

Hillary is.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Ivanka. Serious Golfer.

So you're saying everything IS comparable to Ty?
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,489 Standard Supporter

For fucks sake.

Too Jewish