Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

That sucked

13»

Comments

• Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

AZDuck said:

Prukop is a better fit for Oregon's offensive style than Adams is. I think that he's going to be a good one, and Nicky Satan agrees with me. The backfield and WRs remain in place. Give Helfrich his due, offensive production has been good as long as the QB isn't Jeff Lockie. Hopefully the staff will have a better Plan B in case Prukop gets hurt.

@AZDuck: Shit man, that sounds overly optimistic. Good athlete, but kid's never played against a Pac12 team and pass defense in the Big Sky is almost non-existent. Big, big adjustments ahead for that kid.
    Go back 12 months and read what this bored had to say about Adams - same shit, different year
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,070
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    PurpleJ said:

I love it when AZDuck wants to kill himself following an Oregon loss.

It's what keeps me coming back to Hardcore Husky.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,235
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

Prukop is a better fit for Oregon's offensive style than Adams is. I think that he's going to be a good one, and Nicky Satan agrees with me. The backfield and WRs remain in place. Give Helfrich his due, offensive production has been good as long as the QB isn't Jeff Lockie. Hopefully the staff will have a better Plan B in case Prukop gets hurt.

@AZDuck: Shit man, that sounds overly optimistic. Good athlete, but kid's never played against a Pac12 team and pass defense in the Big Sky is almost non-existent. Big, big adjustments ahead for that kid.
    Go back 12 months and read what this bored had to say about Adams - same shit, different year
    I recall a mix of opinions. Adams tore up UW when he was at EWU with what looked like a lot of "lucky" plays. I think most in here actually understood that the potential was there for him to be a real difference maker at Oregon. He's clutch, but also smurf, so the possibility of seeing him out for injury playing at this level was justifiably pointed out, and you are on a Husky board, so expect some trolling.

Personally, I think Montana VAJ has the potential to be even more dangerous than VAJ v1.0. He's bigger and runs the ball much better, which is the secret sauce for that uptempo zone read spread option crapola the ducks like so much. It works very well with a guy like Pharump, especially with a backfield like the current one at Organ. The PAC is soft as hell right now, and the only truly physical team in the conference is replacing a boat load of players. I think Organ has a very good chance of winning the conference next year with Montana VAJ, even without a defense. UCLA has pulled that off when the conference was down, as have prior Organ teams. But, as always the correct answer is LIFPO. Still, I like the yucks chances next year .. until Montana VAJ tears an ACL and Jack Locknie takes over ... haha.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,406
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Seeing as how Adams fragile nature led to 4 losses I'd say we were spot on
  • Options
    AlCzervikAlCzervik Member Posts: 1,774
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer
    AZDuck said:

The same way that Peyton Bender was a better fit for the Pirate's offense?

I hate the offseason.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited January 2016
    @AZDuck: By that time, we'd already seen what Adams could do in Husky Stadium. 31 of 46, 475 yards, 7 TDs. If people were saying the same shit, they were dumb fucks.

@Southerndawg: Luck cannot explain those numbers. Adams tore us apart threading the needle and throwing darts. Sure, our pass defense was shitty that day, but the luck was all UW's in that EWU played Big Sky D, allowing Miles to have a banner day too.

Point is that UO can't shouldn't expect another VAJ, cause that's not what they're getting.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,235
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited January 2016

@AZDuck: By that time, we'd already seen what Adams could do in Husky Stadium. 31 of 46, 475 yards, 7 TDs. If people were saying the same shit, they were dumb fucks.

@Southerndawg: Luck cannot explain those numbers. Adams tore us apart threading the needle and throwing darts. Sure, our pass defense was shitty that day, but the luck was all UW's in that EWU played Big Sky D, allowing Miles to have a banner day too.

Point is that UO can't shouldn't expect another VAJ, cause that's not what they're getting.

That's why I put lucky in quotes. It wasn't luck, just a great game by VAJ and his receivers.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,118
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Did you guys know cody pickett is faster than tui? 2003 is going to be special
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,523
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Carrington should go to the NFL. He could be picked in the 4th or 5th round....maybe even as high the 3rd if someone falls in love with him.

• Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    Wait, so everyone thinks VAJ is good now?

Or is this like a Sark is better than Ty kind of good?

Cuz that dude fucking sucks.

• Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

DPOTW!
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Disagree.

I'd be fine with the Hooks taking him in the fourth or fifth round. He can play.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    dnc said:

Disagree.

I'd be fine with the Hooks taking him in the fourth or fifth round. He can play.
    No way.

He was injury prone in college. No way he lasts in the NFL.

Why would the Hooks waste a pick on him?
  • Options
    fivehundredmileDAWGfivehundredmileDAWG Member Posts: 1,209
    Name Dropper 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Thoughts on the Oregon QB topic.

1. VAJ looks like a CFL player to me, in fact someone who could be very good in the CFL. He is too fragile for the NFL.

2. I watched Prokunt's film (HUDL), he is decent. He looks like he can run around a bit. I wasn't sold on his arm, it looks a little weak. There is also one glaring difference between Prokunt and VAJ:

VAJ went 28-6 as a starter at EWU, plus 7-2 at Orygun. That is 35-8 as a starter... a winning percentage of 81%

Prokunt was 20-16 at Montana State. A winning percentage of 55%.

VAJ is a winner, Prokunt is Jake Locker.