Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

GREAT news...

2»

Comments

• Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,717
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Baze, you talking bout our head coach who twice went undefeated and twice won coach of year. Seems to me Pete and his top 3 winning percentage isnt anything but the best of the best. Care to bring Sark back saggybaggy?

I no longer give a shit about what he did at Boys State. He needs to clean some shit up on offense. He needs to be less allergic to the running game. He needs to not game plan where a true freshman QB drops back to pass 62 times in one game, while only 24 run plays are called. The defense and ST have been good, but the offense could have had better success this year with better play-calling. Petersen hired Smith and has let him hang around for 2 years. On top of that, CP lets Smith call shit plays like the Wild Swede.
    Thats fair Baze. I get frustrated at times with run:pass ratio, but one thing is certain about Petersen...he loves to run the football. At beginning of year he couldnt lean on running game. He needed to develop Browning as a passer as teams just loaded up to stop run. Cant just automatically run ball 50% of the time. Gotta be able to throw too. Next year, Pete will pound the rock, I promise.

btw alot if those 62 passes were safe bubbles, slants etc...safe little throws in orderto pick up yards their running game couldnt with a very young Oline. It will all balance out. Pete is a power run coach, just looks a little different with all the motion and sets.

So is it fair to say the bubble screen is an extension of the run game?
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Baze, you talking bout our head coach who twice went undefeated and twice won coach of year. Seems to me Pete and his top 3 winning percentage isnt anything but the best of the best. Care to bring Sark back saggybaggy?

I no longer give a shit about what he did at Boys State. He needs to clean some shit up on offense. He needs to be less allergic to the running game. He needs to not game plan where a true freshman QB drops back to pass 62 times in one game, while only 24 run plays are called. The defense and ST have been good, but the offense could have had better success this year with better play-calling. Petersen hired Smith and has let him hang around for 2 years. On top of that, CP lets Smith call shit plays like the Wild Swede.
    Thats fair Baze. I get frustrated at times with run:pass ratio, but one thing is certain about Petersen...he loves to run the football. At beginning of year he couldnt lean on running game. He needed to develop Browning as a passer as teams just loaded up to stop run. Cant just automatically run ball 50% of the time. Gotta be able to throw too. Next year, Pete will pound the rock, I promise
    Well, I certainly hope so. Stick with basics and run the ball. It's a good way to win a lot of games. If CP and JS rely more on the run and it's no longer a part of the offense they feel that they have to be "stubborn with", then I may start to change my attitude towards JS.

I just don't want to have a pass-happy puke identity on offense.
    Pete has NEVER been a cute head coach. Why cant people understand that personnel often dictates what a coach does offensively. Like ive said a hundred times, be patient. Takes 3-5 years to turn a program that was lef t with ashes offensively around. So many idiots running around here popping off about shit they dont get. Worse off, we've got guys suddenly abandoning our dawgs in favor of an SEC team who no longer gets free titles, despite the gratuitous and crooked #2 ranking , that was unfairly cemented in by ESPN and corrupt SOS ranking.

When Petersen has the dawgs in the new years 6, those same bama cheerleaders will quickly try and jump back on. Ill be here with the key to the gate.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Thats fair Baze. I get frustrated at times with run:pass ratio, but one thing is certain about Petersen...he loves to run the football. At beginning of year he couldnt lean on running game. He needed to develop Browning as a passer as teams just loaded up to stop run. Cant just automatically run ball 50% of the time. Gotta be able to throw too. Next year, Pete will pound the rock, I promise.

btw alot if those 62 passes were safe bubbles, slants etc...safe little throws in orderto pick up yards their running game couldnt with a very young Oline. It will all balance out. Pete is a power run coach, just looks a little different with all the motion and sets.

So is it fair to say the bubble screen is an extension of the run game?
    No, I hate that . Either you CAN run the football or you cant. Teams that say the bubble is an extention generally cant run football
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Thats fair Baze. I get frustrated at times with run:pass ratio, but one thing is certain about Petersen...he loves to run the football. At beginning of year he couldnt lean on running game. He needed to develop Browning as a passer as teams just loaded up to stop run. Cant just automatically run ball 50% of the time. Gotta be able to throw too. Next year, Pete will pound the rock, I promise
    Well, I certainly hope so. Stick with basics and run the ball. It's a good way to win a lot of games. If CP and JS rely more on the run and it's no longer a part of the offense they feel that they have to be "stubborn with", then I may start to change my attitude towards JS.

I just don't want to have a pass-happy puke identity on offense.
    Pete has NEVER been a cute head coach. Why cant people understand that personnel often dictates what a coach does offensively. Like ive said a hundred times, be patient. Takes 3-5 years to turn a program that was lef t with ashes offensively around. So many idiots running around here popping off about shit they dont get. Worse off, we've got guys suddenly abandoning our dawgs in favor of an SEC team who no longer gets free titles, despite the gratuitous and crooked #2 ranking , that was unfairly cemented in by ESPN and corrupt SOS ranking.

When Petersen has the dawgs in the new years 6, those same bama cheerleaders will quickly try and jump back on. Ill be here with the key to the gate.
    What meds did you smoke today?