Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

GREAT news...

puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
edited December 2015 in Hardcore Husky Board
The huskies ran their 1st successful screen play in the bole game. Every team in America effortlessly runs 4-5 a game. JSmith and Co. failed to set up and execute 1 the ENTIRE fucking year until Dotson's on Saturday.

This team is improving, and the coaching staff is as well. Take a bow, you've set up one of the most fundamental plays in football...and it only took 13 games.

Oh, and Pettis let a punt roll into the endzone on a fake fair catch at the 8. Finally Petersen found time to coach special teams

Comments

• Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Why would you run screen plays when you can spend a lot of practice time on multiple Wild Swede packages?

Smith still sucks donkey balls.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,312
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Puppy good at everything
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Why would you run screen plays when you can spend a lot of practice time on multiple Wild Swede packages?

Smith still sucks donkey balls.

Don't forget bubble screens to Mickens that gain 0-2 yards.
  • Options
    Lurk a little then post
  • Options
    Well I burst my load too early. They ran another screen the next series and like usual, nobody knew who to block. Everyone was just standing around while Dotson got obliterated before he could take a step. Who's designing these screens, Kwiatkowski?
  • Options
    Founders Club

Well I burst my load too early. They ran another screen the next series and like usual, nobody knew who to block. Everyone was just standing around while Dotson got obliterated before he could take a step. Who's designing these screens, Kwiatkowski?

WRs Blocking? It's hard. Especially since they've been coached by Pease for 2 years.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,000
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Um, Dotson had 2 catches for 19 yards with a long of 15. The 15 yard catch was screen #1 which means screen #2 went for 4 yards.

Screen #2 wasn't a huge success but if hardly say Dotson was obliterated.

Lurk a little before you post.
    Puppy good at everything.

• Options

WRs Blocking? It's hard. Especially since they've been coached by Pease for 2 years.
    How about the oline blocking? The problem is the design. Its imperative to get olineman OUTSIDE the pocket to block downfield once the oline releases the dlinemen up field. The WR's can block downfield all day long, but without the olinemen putting their proverbial hats on the linebackers the play is doomed from the start.

lambo ran deadly TE screens OUTSIDE the pocket where the linebacker s werent stacked in to snuff out screen.

Maybe pete should fire up the projector and film from mid 90's to see how incredibly damaging a well blocked screen can be. Call up to Sedro Wooley and see if Cleeland can drive down and teach screen execution. Its hurting this offense not having a screen game. Just kills Jake on 2nd and long, 3rd and long.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Maybe pete should fire up the projector and film from mid 90's to see how incredibly damaging a well blocked screen can be. Call up to Sedro Wooley and see if Cleeland can drive down and teach screen execution. Its hurting this offense not having a screen game. Just kills Jake on 2nd and long, 3rd and long.

It's hurting this offense having a dipshit as an OC and a head coach who is an enabler.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Baze, you talking bout our head coach who twice went undefeated and twice won coach of year. Seems to me Pete and his top 3 winning percentage isnt anything but the best of the best. Care to bring Sark back saggybaggy?
  • Options
    edited December 2015

Baze, you talking bout our head coach who twice went undefeated and twice won coach of year. Seems to me Pete and his top 3 winning percentage isnt anything but the best of the best. Care to bring Sark back saggybaggy?

I no longer give a shit about what he did at Boys State. He needs to clean some shit up on offense. He needs to be less allergic to the running game. He needs to not game plan where a true freshman QB drops back to pass 62 times in one game, while only 24 run plays are called. The defense and ST have been good, but the offense could have had better success this year with better play-calling. Petersen hired Smith and has let him hang around for 2 years. On top of that, CP lets Smith call shit plays like the Wild Swede.
    Thats fair Baze. I get frustrated at times with run:pass ratio, but one thing is certain about Petersen...he loves to run the football. At beginning of year he couldnt lean on running game. He needed to develop Browning as a passer as teams just loaded up to stop run. Cant just automatically run ball 50% of the time. Gotta be able to throw too. Next year, Pete will pound the rock, I promise.

btw alot if those 62 passes were safe bubbles, slants etc...safe little throws in orderto pick up yards their running game couldnt with a very young Oline. It will all balance out. Pete is a power run coach, just looks a little different with all the motion and sets.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,576
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Shit thread. Shit poster.
  • Options
    PurpleJ said:

Shit thread. Shit poster.

Not according to the posters here J. Puppy envy?
  • Options
    Founders Club

I no longer give a shit about what he did at Boys State. He needs to clean some shit up on offense. He needs to be less allergic to the running game. He needs to not game plan where a true freshman QB drops back to pass 62 times in one game, while only 24 run plays are called. The defense and ST have been good, but the offense could have had better success this year with better play-calling. Petersen hired Smith and has let him hang around for 2 years. On top of that, CP lets Smith call shit plays like the Wild Swede.
    Thats fair Baze. I get frustrated at times with run:pass ratio, but one thing is certain about Petersen...he loves to run the football. At beginning of year he couldnt lean on running game. He needed to develop Browning as a passer as teams just loaded up to stop run. Cant just automatically run ball 50% of the time. Gotta be able to throw too. Next year, Pete will pound the rock, I promise
    Well, I certainly hope so. Stick with basics and run the ball. It's a good way to win a lot of games. If CP and JS rely more on the run and it's no longer a part of the offense they feel that they have to be "stubborn with", then I may start to change my attitude towards JS.

I just don't want to have a pass-happy puke identity on offense.