Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Kongboner to Oregon

2»

Comments

• Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Only fucking Doogs complain about kids being divas. Fuck all of you morons who say any shit like that.

You think Cam Newton wasn't a fucking twitter diva? I would literally (meaning figuratively) kill Jake Browning to get someone who would play one season like Cam Newton on our team. Who gives a fuck about this personality and diva shit you fagz?

For fuck's sake you ass hats, do you want them to win a twitter humility contest or do you want to win the fucking Pac-12?

That is why this site is shit and you're (okay we) are all fags.

I don't give a shit about Kongboner being a diva. It's just that there is maybe a 1% chance he is coming to UW.
    I guess I'm just from the era of UW where it was fine to have expectations. To me, the only thing that I don't like is lowered expectations. That's what makes a Doog a Doog.

It's not thinking we're going to win or thinking we are going to do things we aren't. That shit is being a pollyanna, but being a true Doog is apologizing for poor performance and lowering standards to a place where we can't ever expect to be good.

In the past 15 years, these lines have been substantially blurred. Trust me, every fucking Bama fan, Clemson fan, Michigan State fan and Okie fan thinks their team is going to win it all. That's not being a Tood, a Toog, a Spoog or a Soog; that's just being a fan.

What Cuogs say:

When they get 2* guys that the star system is rigged and he either a) had offers from teams he didn't or b) he is an undiscovered gem.

When they lose they blame it on the refs or say, 'we can't expect to beat XYZ every year' or they moral victory it.

When we beat them for EVERY FUCKING RECRUIT THEY WANT (which we do these days), they accuse us of cheating or (worse) say they can't compete with us for recruits.

THAT is being a Doog. Lowered expectations...

Being a Doog is definitely not over-inflating the chance of getting Kongbo. Every fucking fan base does that.

I understand that the meaning has somewhat updated, but I am fucking sick of lowering expectations.

I literally used to just look at the top 10 players at every position on the West Coast and assume we would get our fair share:

Top 3 QB, Top 5 RBs and WRs, Top 10 OLs/DLs, LBs and DBs...

These days, we all 'don't want to get our hopes up' and kind of ho-hum when we lose the top player in the country out of our backyard or lose a 5-star kid from BC. Trust me, all that shit is from the last 15 years, because prior to that it was expected that we would compete for those kids.

Sure, we didn't win a lot, but it's a loser mentality. and in turn keeps expectations around the program low, to just say guys like Kongboner are going elsewhere.

The fucking truth is that we have tons of advantages and one of the top fucking Ds in the country. We better fucking get him or it's going to sting.

Fuck the lowered expectation shit.

Merry Christmas.
    Anyone that believed that 2013 would be special was a mouth breathing doog. Same for thinking we would go 12-1 last year. A lot of times those pollyannas are the same ones that make excuses when we end up 7-6.

We will be good if Petersen is a great coach. If he's not we won't. It's bullshit to say believing Kongboner will end up with the highest bidder is what keeps expectations low. The expectations are the same either way.
    I agree with you. I'm just drunk.

Also; I think he will go to the highest bidder, but if we get the last visit and his parents come, I think we have a shot.
  • Options
    HUSKYFANATICHUSKYFANATIC Member Posts: 1,651
    Just imagine the sweat pant boners Kingboner will make!
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    So, I was in Canada this past weekend. I looked up Kongboner and took him out to coffee, on Uncle Phil.

• Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    AZDuck said:

So, I was in Canada this past weekend. I looked up Kongboner and took him out to coffee, on Uncle Phil.

Did you offer him your virgin daughter?
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    H_D said:

AZDuck said:

Did you offer him your virgin daughter?
    I'm not from Georgia, man