Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Kongboner to Oregon

Comments

• Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,525
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    You're never out of it with this swass on your side:

• Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,453
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    AZDuck said:

cook it

Vita Vea also said Oregon was his "dream school" and look where he is now.

No link, Komo4
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,960
    Founders Club
    The fact people pay for that shit is beyond me
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,525
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    AZDuck said:

cook it

most likely as a graduate transfer for his senior year
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2015

I hate high profile 5 star recruits unless they play for Worshington. Which I guess means I hate them all

I'll believe it when I see it. If he comes here I'll pitch a tent, but I'm not going to drool over his every twat.

Besides Shaq, what out of state 5 star has chosen Washington and panned out? Kaufman? That's a long time ago.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    Only fucking Doogs complain about kids being divas. Fuck all of you morons who say any shit like that.

You think Cam Newton wasn't a fucking twitter diva? I would literally (meaning figuratively) kill Jake Browning to get someone who would play one season like Cam Newton on our team. Who gives a fuck about this personality and diva shit you fagz?

For fuck's sake you ass hats, do you want them to win a twitter humility contest or do you want to win the fucking Pac-12?
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Only fucking Doogs complain about kids being divas. Fuck all of you morons who say any shit like that.

You think Cam Newton wasn't a fucking twitter diva? I would literally (meaning figuratively) kill Jake Browning to get someone who would play one season like Cam Newton on our team. Who gives a fuck about this personality and diva shit you fagz?

For fuck's sake you ass hats, do you want them to win a twitter humility contest or do you want to win the fucking Pac-12?

That is why this site is shit and you're (okay we) are all fags.

I don't give a shit about Kongboner being a diva. It's just that there is maybe a 1% chance he is coming to UW.
  • Options

I don't give a shit about Kongboner being a diva. It's just that there is maybe a 1% chance he is coming to UW.
    I guess I'm just from the era of UW where it was fine to have expectations. To me, the only thing that I don't like is lowered expectations. That's what makes a Doog a Doog.

It's not thinking we're going to win or thinking we are going to do things we aren't. That shit is being a pollyanna, but being a true Doog is apologizing for poor performance and lowering standards to a place where we can't ever expect to be good.

In the past 15 years, these lines have been substantially blurred. Trust me, every fucking Bama fan, Clemson fan, Michigan State fan and Okie fan thinks their team is going to win it all. That's not being a Tood, a Toog, a Spoog or a Soog; that's just being a fan.

What Cuogs say:

When they get 2* guys that the star system is rigged and he either a) had offers from teams he didn't or b) he is an undiscovered gem.

When they lose they blame it on the refs or say, 'we can't expect to beat XYZ every year' or they moral victory it.

When we beat them for EVERY FUCKING RECRUIT THEY WANT (which we do these days), they accuse us of cheating or (worse) say they can't compete with us for recruits.

THAT is being a Doog. Lowered expectations...

Being a Doog is definitely not over-inflating the chance of getting Kongbo. Every fucking fan base does that.

I understand that the meaning has somewhat updated, but I am fucking sick of lowering expectations.

I literally used to just look at the top 10 players at every position on the West Coast and assume we would get our fair share:

Top 3 QB, Top 5 RBs and WRs, Top 10 OLs/DLs, LBs and DBs...

These days, we all 'don't want to get our hopes up' and kind of ho-hum when we lose the top player in the country out of our backyard or lose a 5-star kid from BC. Trust me, all that shit is from the last 15 years, because prior to that it was expected that we would compete for those kids.

Sure, we didn't win a lot, but it's a loser mentality. and in turn keeps expectations around the program low, to just say guys like Kongboner are going elsewhere.

The fucking truth is that we have tons of advantages and one of the top fucking Ds in the country. We better fucking get him or it's going to sting.

Fuck the lowered expectation shit.

Merry Christmas.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

I guess I'm just from the era of UW where it was fine to have expectations. To me, the only thing that I don't like is lowered expectations. That's what makes a Doog a Doog.

It's not thinking we're going to win or thinking we are going to do things we aren't. That shit is being a pollyanna, but being a true Doog is apologizing for poor performance and lowering standards to a place where we can't ever expect to be good.

In the past 15 years, these lines have been substantially blurred. Trust me, every fucking Bama fan, Clemson fan, Michigan State fan and Okie fan thinks their team is going to win it all. That's not being a Tood, a Toog, a Spoog or a Soog; that's just being a fan.

What Cuogs say:

When they get 2* guys that the star system is rigged and he either a) had offers from teams he didn't or b) he is an undiscovered gem.

When they lose they blame it on the refs or say, 'we can't expect to beat XYZ every year' or they moral victory it.

When we beat them for EVERY FUCKING RECRUIT THEY WANT (which we do these days), they accuse us of cheating or (worse) say they can't compete with us for recruits.

Being a Doog is definitely not over-inflating the chance of getting Kongbo. Every fucking fan base does that.

I understand that the meaning has somewhat updated, but I am fucking sick of lowering expectations.

I literally used to just look at the top 10 players at every position on the West Coast and assume we would get our fair share:

These days, we all 'don't want to get our hopes up' and kind of ho-hum when we lose the top player in the country out of our backyard or lose a 5-star kid from BC. Trust me, all that shit is from the last 15 years, because prior to that it was expected that we would compete for those kids.

Sure, we didn't win a lot, but it's a loser mentality. and in turn keeps expectations around the program low, to just say guys like Kongboner are going elsewhere.

The fucking truth is that we have tons of advantages and one of the top fucking Ds in the country. We better fucking get him or it's going to sting.

Merry Christmas.
    Chill. Have a drink. Milk your rod.
  • Options

What Cuogs say:

Merry Christmas.
    Chill. Have a drink. Milk your rod.
    What makes you think I'm not drinking?
  • Options
    Your negative energies are disturbing my state of alcoholic quietude.
  • Options

Your negative energies are disturbing my state of alcoholic quietude.

I'm not a NEGADAWG!!! ;)

Enjoy Christmas titties!

• Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    The only thing wrong with twitter is the grown men stalking 16/17 year old recruits. Favoriting posts, telling them to come to their school, and my personal favorite offering their daughters v-cards for commitments.

Either way, twitter is the new way of the world and recruiting sites have built this. We live in it and need to get used to it if we want to play with any 5 star kids. The reason peterson gets OKG's to not leave or play around is because UW is typically their prime offer. They don't have to choose about oregon, bama, FSU, clemson, usc, stanford.

If I was 17 and getting all this pub I sure as hell would take it all in and take as many free vaginas trips as i could.
  • Options

The only thing wrong with twitter is the grown men stalking 16/17 year old recruits. Favoriting posts, telling them to come to their school, and my personal favorite offering their daughters v-cards for commitments.

Either way, twitter is the new way of the world and recruiting sites have built this. We live in it and need to get used to it if we want to play with any 5 star kids. The reason peterson gets OKG's to not leave or play around is because UW is typically their prime offer. They don't have to choose about oregon, bama, FSU, clemson, usc, stanford.

If I was 17 and getting all this pub I sure as hell would take it all in and take as many free vaginas trips as i could.

I don't even follow the kids on twitter. I don't really think it helps. It just leads to aggravation (look at @CokeGreaterThanPepsi).

To me, you have to read the broad level signals. When kids visit, how much they visit, etc. The patterns are much more informative than the twitter accounts in my view.

Also, who wants to listen to a bunch of 17 year olds yak on about nothing? Not me.
  • Options

I don't even follow the kids on twitter. I don't really think it helps. It just leads to aggravation (look at @CokeGreaterThanPepsi).

To me, you have to read the broad level signals. When kids visit, how much they visit, etc. The patterns are much more informative than the twitter accounts in my view.

Also, who wants to listen to a bunch of 17 year olds yak on about nothing? Not me.
    Yet you're the lead Doog on the podcast. Carry on dude.