Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,947
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    That's cool, but slightly ridiculous. Daniels was the 2nd string TE and caught about 1 pass a game. How is Duarte from UCLA or one of the Stanford guys not the top TE?
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,962
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

That's cool, but slightly ridiculous. Daniels was the 2nd string TE and caught about 1 pass a game. How is Duarte from UCLA or one of the Stanford guys not the top TE?

PFF is grading for the pro game. Measurables > Production
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

String?

ISAFNRC!
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

So, what you're saying is you can't figure out how the ratings work?
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    I had no idea he was so cerebral.
  • Options
    KnocksvilleEKnocksvilleE Member Posts: 75
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Excited to see what he can do next year.
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

SRS has Daniels on the Pac-12's All Century team.

Where does SRS+ have him?
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,947
    Standard Supporter
    edited December 2015

No, I'm saying it's bullshit.

Almost everybody else on this list is a big name all-conference player, then you have Darell Daniels. According to their metric, he caught a higher % of the balls thrown to him than other TEs. That's a meaningless statistic if there's only one play a game drawn up for you. Shit, Corey Fuvai probably gave up less sacks than Josh Garnett this year. Put his suddenly-seniored ass on the list.

That being said, Daniels is awesome and I think he'll produce a ton NEXT YEAR
  • Options

No, I'm saying it's bullshit.

Almost everybody else on this list is a big name all-conference player, then you have Darell Daniels. According to their metric, he caught a higher % of the balls thrown to him than other TEs. That's a meaningless statistic if there's only one play a game drawn up for you. Shit, Corey Fuvai probably gave up less sacks than Josh Garnett this year. Put his suddenly-seniored ass on the list.

That being said, Daniels is awesome and I think he'll produce a ton NEXT YEAR
    What a brave poast.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,821
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    This thread would be better served pointing out how Pease was a shitty position coach, Paopao hasn't done a thing to make anybody believe that he's a good coach, and Smith not being smart enough to figure out a way to get one of his better offensive players into the game more.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,543
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    It was stupid for the previous coaching staff to play him in 2013. Unless they promised him he'd play as a true frosh, why didn't they redshirt him?

Anyway, I'll courageously say Smith HAS to get more creative in getting the ball to Daniels. He doesn't have the hands to be a WR but I love how some other teams use their TEs...Stanford ran a shovel pass to the left with the TE on the right side of LOS, dipping down and inside to take the shovel and get upfield. Think it was a gain of nearly 10 yards.

Ideally he improves as a blocker so there's less reason to take him off the field.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    S
    HFNY said:

It was stupid for the previous coaching staff to play him in 2013. Unless they promised him he'd play as a true frosh, why didn't they redshirt him?

Anyway, I'll courageously say Smith HAS to get more creative in getting the ball to Daniels. He doesn't have the hands to be a WR but I love how some other teams use their TEs...Stanford ran a shovel pass to the left with the TE on the right side of LOS, dipping down and inside to take the shovel and get upfield. Think it was a gain of nearly 10 yards.

Ideally he improves as a blocker so there's less reason to take him off the field.

No offense but I call bullshit!

How the fuck doesn't he have the hands to catch the ball across the middle, quick outs and slants??? Are his hands any worse than Marvin Hall?
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,962
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

This thread would be better served pointing out how Pease was a shitty position coach, Paopao hasn't done a thing to make anybody believe that he's a good coach, and Smith not being smart enough to figure out a way to get one of his better offensive players into the game more.

I don't agree with this. I think the TEs have shown in '15. Lack of production is pinned on Polishgrandma. Perkins had a solid year. DD is developing (better in pass game than blocking). Sample had a strong rFR year and is a strong blocker. Ajamu was developing before the injury. Not saying he's indispensible, but Poopoo isn't dreck either.
  • Options
    AEB said:

Tequilla said:

I don't agree with this. I think the TEs have shown in '15. Lack of production is pinned on Polishgrandma. Perkins had a solid year. DD is developing (better in pass game than blocking). Sample had a strong rFR year and is a strong blocker. Ajamu was developing before the injury. Not saying he's indispensible, but Poopoo isn't dreck either.
    Our TEs were average and what the fuck has he done in recruiting? Who gives a shit who coaches tight tends?

He's only on staff because we needed a Poly guy (sadly the state of things); what has he done? Dick.