Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

That other football team in town...

2»

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,125
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited November 2015
    HuskyInAZ said:

HuskyInAZ said:

HuskyInAZ said:

Give it a rest. Gaskin is leading all true freshmen in rushing yards this year ... in the country. They are using him plenty. Kill the wild Swede and the cute playcalling, I'd be OK.

I don't care that he's the leading all true freshmen in yards. I don't care about stats. It's those situations where Smiff & Petersen killed many drives in 2nd or 3rd down and short. A hand-off or two to Gaskin may have gotten the first downs necessary to keep drives alive and put the team in position to score, while taking time off the clock, and keeping the defense off the field. Instead, they had Browning throwing fade routes to less-than-mediocre receivers or throwing bubble screens to shit-show Mickens.

If the Huskies would have won more games with Gaskin getting only 18 carries a game, then I'd be fine with it. But, if he could have touched the ball another 7-8 times in those critical situations and been able to pick up the 2-3 yards necessary to keep drives, then he should have been given the opportunity.
    You could not find a bigger fan of Gaskin than me. But the "what if" and "if only" is far from objective. The Cal game ... you are right. Since then, not so much.
    Disagree. At the very least, the ASU game was disgraceful. That was hard to watch... 24 run plays and 62 pass plays. I'm not sure if the RBs would have had success against ASU, but the passing game wasn't exactly working all that well. The coaches are too set in their ideology on offense. WIW
    We had nearly 550 yards of offense in the ASU game. Around 400 yards passing, around 150 yards rushing. That game had everything to do with dropped passes, missed wide open receivers and shitting the bed in the 4th quarter with 4 turnovers. ASU was crowding the LOS all game, daring us to make plays in the passing game. And we could not do it.
    They were not crowding the line as much as usual
  • Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment

HuskyInAZ said:

HuskyInAZ said:

HuskyInAZ said:

Give it a rest. Gaskin is leading all true freshmen in rushing yards this year ... in the country. They are using him plenty. Kill the wild Swede and the cute playcalling, I'd be OK.

I don't care that he's the leading all true freshmen in yards. I don't care about stats. It's those situations where Smiff & Petersen killed many drives in 2nd or 3rd down and short. A hand-off or two to Gaskin may have gotten the first downs necessary to keep drives alive and put the team in position to score, while taking time off the clock, and keeping the defense off the field. Instead, they had Browning throwing fade routes to less-than-mediocre receivers or throwing bubble screens to shit-show Mickens.

If the Huskies would have won more games with Gaskin getting only 18 carries a game, then I'd be fine with it. But, if he could have touched the ball another 7-8 times in those critical situations and been able to pick up the 2-3 yards necessary to keep drives, then he should have been given the opportunity.
    You could not find a bigger fan of Gaskin than me. But the "what if" and "if only" is far from objective. The Cal game ... you are right. Since then, not so much.
    Disagree. At the very least, the ASU game was disgraceful. That was hard to watch... 24 run plays and 62 pass plays. I'm not sure if the RBs would have had success against ASU, but the passing game wasn't exactly working all that well. The coaches are too set in their ideology on offense. WIW
    We had nearly 550 yards of offense in the ASU game. Around 400 yards passing, around 150 yards rushing. That game had everything to do with dropped passes, missed wide open receivers and shitting the bed in the 4th quarter with 4 turnovers. ASU was crowding the LOS all game, daring us to make plays in the passing game. And we could not do it.
    They were not crowding the line as much as usual
    Although a bit blurry, it was obvious to me that they were daring UW to throw the ball. Were you there?
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    HuskyInAZ said:

HuskyInAZ said:

HuskyInAZ said:

The ASU loss was mostly on the players. Catch a couple of those good throws, and the game is probably over at halftime. I don't think ASU would have fought if they had been down 24-3.

I still was appalled at the pass to run ratio though. It's not the fucking WAC or Mountain West and they're acting like it is with all the throwing and crazy plays.