Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

I Hate the World, Thoughts on the Game

WARNING: TL poast coming up, see bottom for TL;DR edition:

This, for me, was the red flag warning game of the Peterman era. I know others have already had their flags out, and that is fine. But this game should have been won.

The maddening thing for me this season is that we are worse than we should be. The talent Petersen has brought in is actually very good, he deserves credit for that (aside from WR talent as it is atrocious). We have young players all over the field that are making plays and showing ability in early stages of their career (Gaines, Sidney Jones, Gardenhire, Baker, Gaskin, Browning, Adams, McGary, etc.). The player development has been good, especially on the defensive side of the ball. By all means we should be ahead of schedule this year, but because of stubbornness and pure lunacy at times on offense we are not.

As I have been saying for weeks, Jonathan Smith and Brent Pease need to be fired immediately after the season. Petersen has to take a look in the mirror and figure this shit out going into next year (yes, next year, because he won't be fired this season). If he does not make the necessary changes in the offseason than we are fucked; we probably already are because this University does not give a shit about winning and the overarching program, lead by Scott Woodward has no idea how to create a winner.

Petersen will get next year, but he better win at least 9 fucking games and we better be a team that looks like a fucking winner.

The fucking frustrating thing about this bullshit season is that we aren't asking for 10 wins or a Natty experience, but play good football. I don't fucking get it. I like Browning, I see in my eyes that he has talent, but he is a true freshmen. This season should have been very similar to last season in play calling minus one tweak (throwing the ball downfield more). Last year our offense was atrocious because our QB was limited in what he could do downfield. We ran the ball 60% of the time last year, this year we are running it 51% of the time. We should be much closer to 60% run this year, we should be a play action team that hurts you in the 10-15 yard down the field passing game and takes shots now and then off play action.

All this bullshit offense is driving me nuts. Any piece of shit watching our games knows what is fucking happening. When our defense gets a fucking turnover we are going to run one of two things: a play action pass deep down the field to try and catch the defense sleeping or some Lindy package where he hands off on a reverse or fly sweep to Mickens. THE FUCKING PROBLEM IS THAT IS OUR TENDENCY 9 FUCKING GAMES INTO THE YEAR. IF I KNOW WHAT IS COMING IN THE STANDS SO DOES THE FUCKING DEFENSE YOU FUCKS.

If Lavon Coleman is in the fucking game, it means to look out for a fly sweep because they use him as a blocker or it means a double reverse pass is coming. If Lindy is in the game in shotgun it means we are running inside zone with flysweep action. If Marvin Hall is in the game we are either throwing deep to him or a WR pass is coming. THERE IS YOUR SELF SCOUT YOU FUCKS ON OFFENSE, FUCK YOU.

Your simple shit on offense actually fucking works, we are getting better on offense if you would just stick to the run game and intermediate passing game with shots down field to soften the defense. Even our TE motions have been out flanking the defenses and leading to chunk plays in the run and pass game.

I am sorry, this is really long, I just fucking hate my life right now. I FLUSHED THE TOILET BEFORE THE GAME 10 TIMES FOR A PISS UW, AND THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT. I used a shit ton of toilet paper too, I wasted so much of that shit. And then when I got done I walked around the entire bathroom and flushed every single fucking urinal. I did laps around the hand washing trough for 3 minutes and ran water on all of them while pumping soap and not using it. Then I fucking took out a shit ton of the compostable paper towels AND THREW THEM IN THE GARBAGE, not the compost bin. FUCK YOU UW AND YOUR ENVIRONMENTALLY RESPONSIBLE STADIUM. You shits. Fuck you.

TL;DR Version: This was my red flag game, others have had red flags for longer. We are worse than we should be, we have good young players (minus dreck WR), player development is good. Offense needs to be scrapped, get rid of Pease and Smith. Our University and Woodward don't know how to win. Win 9 games next year and look good doing it or GTFO. Run the ball, use playaction and intermediate passing game. We are a predictable team. When we run simple offense we actually do well. I flushed the toilet and wasted a ton of materials for UW before the game.

Comments

• Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,169

FUCK THIS ENTIRE PROGRAM MAN, FUCK IT TO HELL.

We're already there.
  • CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    doogville said:

Our fucking marketing department ran a pump up video and had the crowd making noise on our second to last drive in the fourth fucking quarter. And then, to make it fucking worse, our fucking cheerleaders started a GO HUSKIES chant WHEN OUR OFFENSE WAS GETTING READY TO START THE MOST IMPORTANT DRIVE IN THE GAME.

And guess what fucking happened..... Tufunga couldn't hear the snap count, thought the snap was called for and we lost two yards and a down because of it. FUCK THIS ENTIRE PROGRAM MAN, FUCK IT TO HELL.

That was hilariouslay tragic. I was trying to figure out why the hell we were chanting as we* were snapping the ball.

To your larger point, I don't think this loss, by itself, is particularly egregious. Pouring rain and d wash, durkee, and browning all had critical turnovers. That's football. Sucks, but whatever.

However, going 2-6 in conference is worthy of a big ol red flag. That cal loss is just atrocious.
    I think it's just the totality of it all. Petersen can say we are close because he and his offense have fucked up games. Yes, we are technically close, because we should be at least a 6 win team right now if he and his merry band of idiots on the offensive staff (Minus Strausser) would get their shit together and play football.
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,169
    We could have and should have won this game but the red flags are still there. This game was raining and instead of running with Gaskin they threw all over the place then handed the ball to Dwayne Lube Fingers a couple times.
  • dongmandongman Member Posts: 2,384
    There should be some hope in the fact that if a good coaching staff replaced this one great things could happen, but alas that won't happen so back to the dumps.
  • section_332section_332 Member Posts: 2,403
    Another thing about the fucking marketing or whatever the fuck:

Start of the game they had to have whatever his fucking name is to instruct the crowd how to do the go huskies chant.
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,451 Founders Club
    And you might want to turn off the dawg barking after the third down play is over instead of letting it go 5 seconds after the play is over.

This is the most important piece of your post "We ran the ball 60% of the time last year, this year we are running it 51% of the time. We should be much closer to 60% run this year, we should be a play action team that hurts you in the 10-15 yard down the field passing game and takes shots now and then off play action."

Because Smith trusts the random play generator him and CP built, they are going to be "balanced" even if they can't because of how poor our wr personnel is thereby pissing away plays and forcing us into 2nd and 10, where the call will be handoff to Gaskin for 2 or 3 and then a 3rd and long.

CP is going to live or die with his decision on JS at the end of the year. Regardless, next year better be 9 wins or better and no weekly discussions on the Lindquist packages, tunnel/bubble screen packages, 3 passes before half at your own 15, etc or else his ass should be on the hot seat. The D staff has given you a Pac-12 North winning team with just a average offense. If you can't produce that in year 3 gtfo.
  • LaZorisLaZoris Member Posts: 1,675 Standard Supporter
    The 'Go Huskies' chant sounds like complete shit once they moved the students from the 50... That chant used to rock the whole stadium...

Now it sounds muffled coming from one endzone and is just as retarded as the entire marketing program. Ahh the pussification of husky football at its finest.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    doogville said:

Our fucking marketing department ran a pump up video and had the crowd making noise on our second to last drive in the fourth fucking quarter. And then, to make it fucking worse, our fucking cheerleaders started a GO HUSKIES chant WHEN OUR OFFENSE WAS GETTING READY TO START THE MOST IMPORTANT DRIVE IN THE GAME.

And guess what fucking happened..... Tufunga couldn't hear the snap count, thought the snap was called for and we lost two yards and a down because of it. FUCK THIS ENTIRE PROGRAM MAN, FUCK IT TO HELL.

That was hilariouslay tragic. I was trying to figure out why the hell we were chanting as we* were snapping the ball.

To your larger point, I don't think this loss, by itself, is particularly egregious. Pouring rain and d wash, durkee, and browning all had critical turnovers. That's football. Sucks, but whatever.

However, going 2-6 in conference is worthy of a big ol red flag. That cal loss is just atrocious.
    Agree. This game itself wouldn't be particularly concerning except it's happened way too often.

I didn't give a shit either way. A win at home to Utah wasn't something to doog about when the season is already over. A loss shouldn't make anyone feel too much worse.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    The Smith and Pease arguments are really the entire problem at this point.

The officiating was brutal last night and cost a minimum of 8 points and a maximum of 14-16.

That being said, this was a game where there were plenty of loser mistakes made by the players and Smith being the fucktard of all fucktards by rolling out the participation ribbon and juice boxes for Lindy.

I'm not going to jump quite yet ... but as Pepsi said, if Pease and Smith aren't door.ass.out after the season then Petersen isn't cut out for big time fucking football
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381

Another thing about the fucking marketing or whatever the fuck:

Start of the game they had to have whatever his fucking name is to instruct the crowd how to do the go huskies chant.

Steve Sarkisian? Who died?
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,546 Founders Club
    marinerization: complete
  • EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,911 Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

I think it's fair to say the natives are restless.

Native superiority guy.
  • PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,468
    fuck man, this is so irritating with this fuckin shit .gif
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    edited November 2015
    Rage and sorrow are seated in my heart...so firmly that I scarce dare to stay alive. It seems that the UW administration wishes to support the doogs and The Zone aficionados to our loss...ah, alas, the realm of Huskydom has lost so much since 1992 that it will never be able to rise up again. They will make a UW Hospital of the great Don James stadium, and since the theft of our past glory pleases the upper campus, who, if we were a football school should weep at this, we as negadawgs/HHBs are forced at metaphorical gunpoint to comply as well...Anyone who wishes to fight against the Marinerization is mad, for our own athletic department does not fight for us any more. They have conquered having real expectations, they will conquer real expectations. For every day they drive us down, knowing that WASHINGTON, damnit, who was the most awake and mighty of giants, sleeps now, and Oregon and their ilk waxes powerful.

• doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320

Tequilla said:

The Smith and Pease arguments are really the entire problem at this point.

The officiating was brutal last night and cost a minimum of 8 points and a maximum of 14-16.

That being said, this was a game where there were plenty of loser mistakes made by the players and Smith being the fucktard of all fucktards by rolling out the participation ribbon and juice boxes for Lindy.

I'm not going to jump quite yet ... but as Pepsi said, if Pease and Smith aren't door.ass.out after the season then Petersen isn't cut out for big time fucking football

Don't give me the officiating bullshit. This team and coaching staff can't overcome any adversity. Fucking play through that shit. Winners win. Losers get 4 take aways and only get a FG out of them.

PAC12 refs suck. Water is also wet. Every other PAC12 team has to deal with shit officiating and they somehow get shit done.

And yes, I agree 2 of the 3 calls (Shelton's non-existent hold and Perkin's offensive PI) were terrible but fuck, don't give up a fucking sack on the very next play and lose another 10 yards.
    I actually think you could make the case that they did weather the turnovers, and were in position to tie or win the game before the officials fucked them. Of course you get the last "fuck you" call on the PI or whatever it was, and the air just went out of the game; they threw the towel in at that point.