Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

WR and TE

RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
edited October 2015 in Hardcore Husky Board
Before the season, everyone liked Pettis and Lenius. Now, they suck and "Can't beat anyone off the line." Are they actually shitty though? Does Daniels suck? Look at Mickens stats as a sophomore compared to now.

We all understand that none of these guys are stars. But do some of you believe that Pettis, Lenius, and Daniels couldn't be reliable targets for say the Arizona schools, WSU, etc? My guess is they would be solid contributors, yet they suck at UW because.... Drum role..... The coaching sucks. Players normally suck when the coaching does.

Comments

• Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Broken record. We get it. Give it a rest.

God, your life must be miserable.
  • Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment

HuskyInAZ said:

Things are pretty good actually. Thanks for asking :smile:. Okay, I'm lying. I actually kick my dog and lash out at everyone I meet because Husky Football sucks.
    Your shit is tired. You poasts are far from insightful and clearly shows you have problems, far beyond Husky football. I hope you get them figured out. I really do.
  • Options
    SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Before the season, everyone liked Pettis and Lenius. Now, they suck and "Can't beat anyone off the line." Are they actually shitty though? Does Daniels suck? Look at Mickens stats as a sophomore compared to now.

We all understand that none of these guys are stars. But do some of you believe that Pettis, Lenius, and Daniels couldn't be reliable targets for say the Arizona schools, WSU, etc? My guess is they would be solid contributors, yet they suck at UW because.... Drum role..... The coaching sucks. Players normally suck when the coaching does.

Someone will eventually respond with "without Ross to push safeties over the top, the other receivers are getting bottled up", but remember Petersen wanted to convert Ross to a CB so even if this were true, Petersen is a fucking idiot anyways. I think it has to do with poor coaching, shitty QB play, and an offense that has decided to be geared towards high volume passing (ironic considering the volume passing stats are so poor).
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,507
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

He had Price throwing to him.

We also liked Pettis because of his punt returns and we liked Lenius because he made a 16-yard catch against UCLA. They aren't shitty, but they were hyped here because there was no one else to hype on the offense.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

They would still suck if those schools were fielding a true freshman QB, LT and an entire OL with very limited experience and a lack of accolades in high school.

It's hard for us to really know who sucks and who looks bad because of the rest of the offense.

Mickens is a good case study for this. He was good as a sophomore because he had 2 NFL WR's blocking for him and defenses had to account for ASJ and Sankey. Last year he was worse but still made some plays as a result of John Ross at times and Kasen and DiAndre Campbell being able to block. Now he's just a guy who can make an occasional catch as there is no major threat on the offense. Is he really worse or is it the players around him?

Josh Perkins is good. Pettis and Lenius have shown flashes but need to be more consistent. I don't know what the deal is with Daniels but he whiffed on tough catches against Boise and U$C. I think he's been lost in the coaching shuffle. Wasted his first year then moved him back and forth between WR/TE. He may be better as a WR.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Not one returning skill player on offense looks better than last year. Maybe Perkins, but he's pretty much the same.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Renfro has the best catch/target rate. I'm hopeful he will make a jump from year 1 to 2.

They need to get NKeal Harry or Javon McKinley. Renfro and either of those guys would really push Pettis and Lenius.
  • Options
    doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,184
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HuskyInAZ said:

Agree with the dessert dawg here. We get it, the offense sucks. Our eyes are as good as grandpa sankey's.

So, if you are going to write two paragraphs repeating the same shit that has been posted 21 times, at least make it funny.

DDY is equally repetitive (and mutilating a dead horse at this point), but I still chuckle.
  • Options
    SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    doogville said:

HuskyInAZ said:

Agree with the dessert dawg here. We get it, the offense sucks. Our eyes are as good as grandpa sankey's.

So, if you are going to write two paragraphs repeating the same shit that has been posted 21 times, at least make it funny.

DDY is equally repetitive (and mutilating a dead horse at this point), but I still chuckle.
    What else is there to discuss on this bored? Every other relevant topic has run its course. Sark is gone, Petersen and Helfrich officially suck, and the program has no future.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,410
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sounds like its time to complete the doog playbook that HuskyinAZ is unfolding one doogism at a time

• Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,239
    I didn't read anything but the OP, but I think Mickens could be a star at WSU with a passing offense, a Wes Welker type but without the hands or route running ability.