Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Salt in the wound

124»

Comments

• Options
    Postal91Postal91 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,731
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2015
    yes, but do you need a chart to pull your dick out to piss?

if you want to break down my comment to the most stupid... then fuck you, fuck off, fuck me, this is stupid as shit and if it isn't obvious to you that our coaching staff is making elementary fucking mistakes, it is beyond help or explaining. g-zus tebow, yes, 'every coach has a chart for all sorts', but some shit is just stupid obvious or should already be known. Down by 2 on the 20 with 1 second left... do you go for the TD, kick a FG, or look for a chart?

You realize EVERY fucking coach has a chart for all sorts of situations, christ. @TheChart

• Options
    Postal91Postal91 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,731
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Yup, but it "has electronics in it". no..., it doesn't. it is an access panel for the boards that are mounted to the upper deck.

They are insanely loud, but the neuter hammer ushers have smashed every person on the upper deck from pounding on them.

No matter, cuz I'm brining damn bones with me next game and if they don't like it, they can shove them.

So done, but hey, I'm sure they are really going to listen to our gameday surveys.
    digits said:

Banging on that sheet metal is loud as fuck. Fu!bfuxks just don't get it. Doesn't exist anymore.

• Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,841
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

Look @Tequilla, I get what you're trying to say, but in a game where you average around six yards per carry a 4th and 1 is no worse than a coin flip. There's a lot that's been written recently by the stat nerds that shows going on 4th on the opponents end of the field is nearly always the correct choice.

It's more like 3.6 ypc. You have to take out the long run.
    I don't even know why they bothered giving Gaskin six points.
    I was being a little facetious
    Not sure that Boobs can tell the difference between a magnified pimple or a bald head at the moment ...
    The fine print of this poast is why I'm glad I made appearances at the Taki Tiki.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    It's almost as if they have to take two steps back to go one step forward.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    pawz said:

Tequilla said:

Look @Tequilla, I get what you're trying to say, but in a game where you average around six yards per carry a 4th and 1 is no worse than a coin flip. There's a lot that's been written recently by the stat nerds that shows going on 4th on the opponents end of the field is nearly always the correct choice.

It's more like 3.6 ypc. You have to take out the long run.
    I don't even know why they bothered giving Gaskin six points.
    I was being a little facetious
    Not sure that Boobs can tell the difference between a magnified pimple or a bald head at the moment ...
    The fine print of this poast is why I'm glad I made appearances at the Taki Tiki.
    Because everything I say on this bored is 100% serious all the time ...

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited October 2015

Doogles said:

This program loves to face plant before real progress is made. Now we pitter patter through the schedule and end up fighting hunger against the mountain west in mid December. The narrative is we're young with a bright future.
    L, R, R.

No real progress was made. We beat a 7 or 8 win USC team.
    But to quote the late and great royotis, "yeah, but USC is USC."

I have no idea what that is supposed to mean, but it appeared to have been a salve for him when things got shitty.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,687
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    In the span of the 12 game losing streak to Oregon I believe "we" have beat USC 3 times and "we" don't play them every year like "we" play Oregon.

So "yeah but Oregon is Oregon" is the new mantra? I don't care if Oregon is winless when "we" finally beat them.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Chip Kelly would have gone for it. I am 100,000% sure of that. Jim Harbaugh would have gone for it. I am 98.97652543% sure of that.

So maybe there is more than one right call here.

Look, it's not like Peterman is protecting some national title run. The season is in the shitter, and Oregon, as we? learned, is still better. So if you're going to beat them, you're going to do it being aggressive; not by playing the percentages all the time.

I know what you're saying and it's not totally stupid. But great coaches know when it's time to grab your balls and say "GO!" I think even on the first drive, in that game, on that night, against that team, where they were on the field, you go.
  • Options
    edited October 2015

In the span of the 12 game losing streak to Oregon I believe "we" have beat USC 3 times and "we" don't play them every year like "we" play Oregon.

So "yeah but Oregon is Oregon" is the new mantra? I don't care if Oregon is winless when "we" finally beat them.

Now that's the good stuff I've come to expect from you Race Bannon!
  • Options
    mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    DJ won a lot of games by NOT going for it on 4th down.

It was the right call. The wrong calls were refusing to run it when our passing game sucked.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Dantonio went for it on HIS side of the field, gave up a td, and still came back to win.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    mobey said:

It was the right call. The wrong calls were refusing to run it when our passing game sucked.

Game strategy from 25 years old is so relevant.
  • Options
    PellumPridePellumPride Member Posts: 60
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    according to this, it appears painfully obvious that Pete should've gone for it given how few opportunities UW had in enemy territory. did he not know how bad is offense was?

espn.go.com/college-football/playbyplay?gameId=400757054
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    It's as if the USC win said, "sure... We can beat the most talented team in the country when we put our minds to it... Oregon just shows sometimes we don't want to."
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited October 2015
    mobey said:

NO it's not. When you are on the opponents side of the field on 4 th and 1 and punt .

You:

A) play against the percentages of 4th and 1 and

B) You only have 24 yards to lose in that situation. Anyone who was actually looking to win a Football game would have went for that.