Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Salt in the wound

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,222
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
In case you forgot the down trodden Husky football program was getting a bit of free pub after beating USC, even though we knew it was false hope. Talk of a sell out crowd and picked to end the streak against Oregon, the Huskies could have set up a big game against Stanford this week with a win. Recruiting gets a boost. Flowers bloom. Birds sing.

So grasping hold of this momentum the Huskies give up a TD on the first drive and then Coach No Ballsack punts on 4th and 1 and the rest is an all too familiar story of defeat and despair.

Have a great fucking day!

Comments

• Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,480
    Swaye's Wigwam
    This program loves to face plant before real progress is made. Now we pitter patter through the schedule and end up fighting hunger against the mountain west in mid December. The narrative is we're young with a bright future.
    L, R, R.
  • Options
    doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,184
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Did any of our profiles in courage media members ask about that punt call? My buddies and I (who hate money) were in the stands and looked at each other in disbelief.

It had not even occurred to us that we would punt. So cowardly. We let Oregon know they had nothing to fear.
  • Options
    dongmandongman Member Posts: 2,384
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    The end of game management was worse than a punt. It was literally like the coaching staff saying who gives a fuck. There was no hurry from anyone at all and was fucking strange. Twilight zone shit.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,196
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    dongman said:

The end of game management was worse than a punt. It was literally like the coaching staff saying who gives a fuck. There was no hurry from anyone at all and was fucking strange. Twilight zone shit.

I was screaming from section 304...'WE ARE LOSING!!! MOVE YOUR ASS!"

Alas...they didn't hear me.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

This program loves to face plant before real progress is made. Now we pitter patter through the schedule and end up fighting hunger against the mountain west in mid December. The narrative is we're young with a bright future.
    L, R, R.

No real progress was made. We beat a 7 or 8 win USC team.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I have no problem punting on 4th and 1 early in the game ... we can't consistently enough pick up that 1 yard by running the ball at this point.
  • Options
    3rd or 4th quarter I'd 100% agree.

Not on the first drive of the game when already down by a TD.

This isn't fucking Madden where you can hit the reset button if you don't get your way to start the game ...
  • Options
    Oregon's first score came from 2 broken plays ...

As the game played out, the vast majority of Oregon's success came from broken plays ...

I expect that the coaching staff had confidence in the defense to hold/maintain Oregon's offense, including their running game (which the numbers supported at the end of the game).

For our offense, points are at a premium. Forcing them to play catchup early doesn't help at all.

Punting was the correct call.
  • Options
    doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,184
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequila may want to put the gloves back on.