Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Our wide receivers

Is there a less talented WR group in the Pac-12?

Mickens sucks. Pettis would be a second string player anywhere else. Lenius is good for one or two catches a game, as a third receiver. McClatchins looks more like a WR/RB Harvin type of player for the moment. The others are non factors.
John Ross will come back with his 2 wins next year, but he is another second or third type of WR.
We have a nice little group of of JAGs and WR3s.

I don't follow recruiting as much as others here but I'm a little bit affraid we are not bringing any String, Addison, Lawler type of player every other team seem to have. I mean even a Jermaine Kearse we don't have.

Comments

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,569
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Can't expect receivers to run fast at this north of a latitude
  • Options
    SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Ross won't be the same guy. His game is speed, speed, speed and coming off an ACL tear he's not going to take the top off defenses like he used to.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,387
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Need Wes Welker types
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

Need Wes Welker types

Real lunchpail guys like Chris Juergens and Joe Jarzynka.
  • Options
    FenwickFenwick Member Posts: 1,174
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment 5 Awesomes
    How about Gaskin out of the backfield? I don't remember if he caught passes last night. True talent that kid.
  • Options
    SarkinghamSarkingham Member Posts: 285
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper 5 Up Votes
    The answer to the OP's question is no, there isn't a less talented group of receivers in the league. They are terrible. The OL sucks really bad too, but at least they're young (doog comment, I know).
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

The answer to the OP's question is no, there isn't a less talented group of receivers in the league. They are terrible. The OL sucks really bad too, but at least they're young (doog comment, I know).

Washington ran the ball better than Oregon did last night.

But go on and tell us how bad the OL is.
  • Options
    SarkinghamSarkingham Member Posts: 285
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper 5 Up Votes

You saw the pass protection right? And you've been watching all year? OK good, then enough said on that.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

You saw the pass protection right? And you've been watching all year? OK good, then enough said on that.
    I didn't watch much of the game after Peterman quit early in the first quarter.
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    DHD said:

Of all the problems in Huskyland, this one is at the top of my list (player personnel wise).

We've got NOTHING in the receiving department and NO HELP is on the way. Browning could turn into Kellen Moore tomorrow, and I still don't know who in the fuck he's going to throw his amazingly accurate, if not slow as fuck, passes to.

You can 1 on 1 our entire receiving corps and bring the house every time Browning drops back because we've got no one to make you pay for it.

Well put. We are the only college football team who's qb throwing progressions goes tight ends, running backs, scramble/get what you can, then wr's.

And this is the second year in a row it's looked like that.
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,959
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited October 2015
    Oregon's WR were great, physical blockers. Well coached in all phases of the position. How many times did the front 7 bust the play to have the RBs bounce wide and have their WRs sustain blocks turning losses into gains?
  • Options
    steelheader2steelheader2 Member Posts: 367
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper Photogenic
    Paging N'Keal Harry or Javon McKinley. Desperately needed.