Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

ESPN SEC audio-visual scam

13»

Comments

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,978
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Puppy isn't off base IMO. The Vikings and Falcons have admitted to pipe in crowd noise. It wouldn't be shocking if the Seahawks did, but I've been to a few games when the crowd was into it...it's not neccesary. ESPN is above them?

I'll give the NASCAR dad SEC types credit for showing up with their Copenhagen and Confederate flags in big stadiums. There aint nothing better to do but go to football games if u get all the possum roadkill ready for stew by Saturday. Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Alabama, Auburn, and LSU all have over 85,000 capacity. aTm and USC East are both around 80,000. They show up. Pac 12 teams aren't even close.
  • Options
    HippopeteamusHippopeteamus Member Posts: 1,946
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    edited October 2015

Puppy isn't off base IMO. The Vikings and Falcons have admitted to pipe in crowd noise. It wouldn't be shocking if the Seahawks did, but I've been to a few games when the crowd was into it...it's not neccesary. ESPN is above them?

I'll give the NASCAR dad SEC types credit for showing up with their Copenhagen and Confederate flags in big stadiums. There aint nothing better to do but go to football games if u get all the possum roadkill ready for stew by Saturday. Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Alabama, Auburn, and LSU all have over 85,000 capacity. aTm and USC East are both around 80,000. They show up. Pac 12 teams aren't even close.

It is very possible ESPN does something like that, programs already do it for horse racing, crew and other sports.
    http://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2012/07/how-the-gorgeous-sometimes-fictional-sound-of-the-olympics-gets-made/259742/
    http://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2012/07/everything-is-a-remix-the-sound-of-horses-racing-on-tv-is-actually-a-sample-of-buffaloes-charging/260001/
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    salemcoog said:

So a game on the West Coast that starts at 10:30pm on a Thursday doesn't have all the production tools that a Primetime Sat game has. No shit.

Yup. #howitworks

salemcoog said:

Jesus Christ It's football Not a rock concert. Who gives a fuck about whether the refs mics are mixed or whether you can hear the fuckin band.

I actually disagree with this part. The marching bands, the cheerleaders, the student sections...This is the stuff that separates CFB from the sterile homogeneity of the NFL.

I'd love it if more effort was invested into these production values in coverage of P12 games. But no amount of that shit is going to make UCLA-Stanford look and sound like Bammer-LSU.
  • Options
    DontCallMeShirleyDontCallMeShirley Member Posts: 283
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic
    Pupply love needs to take a long walk with his wife to get some SEC perspective
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,637
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Pupply love needs to take a long walk with his bear to get some SEC perspective

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    PurpleJ said:

Pupply love needs to take a long roll....errr...stroll with his bear to get some SEC perspective

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,978
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

This hot SEC action is making me so hard...

Pics?
    Stalin would get mad.