Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Canada

Comments

• Options
    OZONEOZONE Member Posts: 2,510
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

The funding to cure diseases would be bigger with big pharma and the insurance companies cut out of the pie.

No question education costs need to come down. I think Bernie has a plan for that.

Where can I get some of the free money you are giving out?
    Who said anything about free money?

You guys act like this shit isn't already working in all of the other 1st world countries.
    Oh, so you're just going to take more of my money to pay for this free shit.

At least you're honest.
    If you don't want to pay taxes, don't live in a first world country.
    It sounds like you would make a great Canadian. Mulcair might be a bit too conservative for you, but you'll get over it.
    The weather is better down here. And we will get there. The progressives will win. With guys like Trump and the Tea Party destroying the Republican party -- the progressives can't lose.
    I'm hearing the weather in Mexico is even better.

LEAVE!

(you're right about Trump though, FTG)
    I prefer 1st world countries as my primary domicile.

Mexico is fine for visiting -- and they are getting a lot of medical tourists from the US.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,637
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It's funny because you think Canada is a 1st world country.
  • Options
    It's sad that you can't do better than trite one liners.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2015
    I already won the thread. Fuck off. Great trite one liner by the way.
  • Options
    It was my thread. I'll decide who won it. And it wasn't you.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,518
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I checked again. Ozone is still wrong
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,310
    The Canadian health system is fine for sniffles and splinters. Mexico great for getting some fillings or your teeth cleaned.

Virtually any kind of specialized care or surgery - they can just fuck the hell off. The US is miles ahead and you won't die waiting your turn.

• Options
    DontCallMeShirleyDontCallMeShirley Member Posts: 283
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic
    OZONE said:

Every leading expert agrees that we rank near the bottom of 1st world countries for health care delivery and quality, and spent twice as the average of the 1st world. Nothing there is cherry picked.

Everyone says so?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I heard that Obamacare fixed everything
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

The Canadian health system is fine for sniffles and splinters. Mexico great for getting some fillings or your teeth cleaned.

Virtually any kind of specialized care or surgery - they can just fuck the hell off. The US is miles ahead and you won't die waiting your turn.

Mexico is actually great for pharmaceuticals. You can walk in the store and get pretty much anything over the counter. At least that's what my uncle who lives there tells me.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,482
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

US is ranked 37th in overall care but first in expenditure. Healthscare is about 18% of GDP.

So government has us in a situation where healthcare is 18% of GDP and the answer is more government? Brilliant.
    Brought to you by the same people who gave us the $600 hammer, right?
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper

so... You'll be voting for him again?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

so... You'll be voting for him again?
    I just wish I could. Maybe he'll suspend the elections
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,757
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    OZONE said:

After a 90 day wait.

Doubt it.

A coworker of mine was on vacation in New Zealand a couple of years ago, and did a
    backcountry horse camping trip. After a few days into the trip, she woke up in the hospital.

She had been thrown from a horse on a hillside, and had to be hauled out by a heli- ambulance. She was in the NZ hospital for over a week -- cracked pelvis.

When she left the country -- her total medical bill was $0. No 90 day wait for anything.

The USA remains the only 1st world country to do for-profit healthcare, and continues to rank near the bottom of the 1st world in numerous medical measures. We even rank behind Cuba in health services to children.

But hey -- keep those dividends rolling in from the pharmacy techs and health insurance companies.
    So you're saying that Murica's healthcare system is a fraud set up to benefit big pharma and insurance companies?

I wonder when the Red Sox will break the curse of the Big Bambino?
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    salemcoog said:

OZONE said:

After a 90 day wait.

Doubt it.

A coworker of mine was on vacation in New Zealand a couple of years ago, and did a
    backcountry horse camping trip. After a few days into the trip, she woke up in the hospital.

She had been thrown from a horse on a hillside, and had to be hauled out by a heli- ambulance. She was in the NZ hospital for over a week -- cracked pelvis.

When she left the country -- her total medical bill was $0. No 90 day wait for anything.

The USA remains the only 1st world country to do for-profit healthcare, and continues to rank near the bottom of the 1st world in numerous medical measures. We even rank behind Cuba in health services to children.

But hey -- keep those dividends rolling in from the pharmacy techs and health insurance companies.
    So you're saying that Murica's healthcare system is a fraud set up to benefit big pharma and insurance companies?

I wonder when the Red Sox will break the curse of the Big Bambino?
    The best thing is how the "progressives" came up with a new system to do the same thing only its worse for the end user
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,757
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    OZONE said:

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

The funding to cure diseases would be bigger with big pharma and the insurance companies cut out of the pie.

No question education costs need to come down. I think Bernie has a plan for that.

Where can I get some of the free money you are giving out?
    Who said anything about free money?

You guys act like this shit isn't already working in all of the other 1st world countries.
    Oh, so you're just going to take more of my money to pay for this free shit.

At least you're honest.
    If you don't want to pay taxes, don't live in a first world country.
    It sounds like you would make a great Canadian. Mulcair might be a bit too conservative for you, but you'll get over it.
    The weather is better down here. And we will get there. The progressives will win. With guys like Trump and the Tea Party destroying the Republican party -- the progressives can't lose.
    And your Progressives have done more to grease the Corporate machine and fuck over the middle class in the last 7 years then had been done in the 20 years before.

Congrats on your faux Progressive revolution.

Meet the new boss......
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    The US spends more on Healthcare (private and public) than all but one country.

But how does introducing for-profit insurance companies as a middle-man increase the cost of healthcare?

UK has the best system (Canada has a circle jerk following, but the quality of Canadian healthcare is shitty compared to the US). NHS is there for everyone, but you can still purchase private insurance in case you are paranoid about wait times for major surgeries.

Speaking of wait times, the US has longer wait times than all but just one country, Canada, when compared to other first-world countries.

60% of bankruptcies are caused by medical bills. System definitely isn't broken though.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

The US spends more on Healthcare (private and public) than all but one country.

But how does introducing for-profit insurance companies as a middle-man increase the cost of healthcare?

UK has the best system (Canada has a circle jerk following, but the quality of Canadian healthcare is shitty compared to the US). NHS is there for everyone, but you can still purchase private insurance in case you are paranoid about wait times for major surgeries.

Speaking of wait times, the US has longer wait times than all but just one country, Canada, when compared to other first-world countries.

60% of bankruptcies are caused by medical bills. System definitely isn't broken though.

The question isn't whether it's broken

Hth