Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

If Tui is asked back...

What does he coach? Does he haven enough experience running the offense? Askin for a fren.

Comments

• PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,901 Founders Club
    Commentary booth?
  • PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    Refresh - Did Petersen give Tui an opportunity to stay?

Frankly, I'm ambivalent. If he ends up back here, fine. If not, fine.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,108
    Passion said:

Refresh - Did Petersen give Tui an opportunity to stay?

Frankly, I'm ambivalent. If he ends up back here, fine. If not, fine.

Yes, he was offered the TE coach job at both UW and USC. At USC he also had some made up title like "assistant head coach". He chose to go be TE coach for Sark in the end
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    Tui is a UW legend. Show some respect.

Also we don't know how commitable Petersens offer was. It might have been clear, internally, that it was more of a tip of a hat nod to his legacy offer and not an actual one.
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,797
    Marques will always be a hero. One of my alltime favorite players.

But events of the past six weeks make me seriously question his judgment regarding his coaching career.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    edited October 2015
    TTJ said:

Marques will always be a hero. One of my alltime favorite players.

But events of the past six weeks make me seriously question his judgment regarding his coaching career.

Separate Tui the hero from Tui the coach. Why would Pete, Woody, or really any other major program for that matter have interest in him or any of the USC coaches?

I wouldn't want them anywhere near my program. Regardless of whether they partipcated in Sark's shenanigans they chose to hitch their wagons to him and now they'll have to pay the consequences.

• Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    To be fair, if you get offered the same position at USC or UW you take USC 100% of the time.