Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

PM to @thechatch

MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
Trust fund Husky? True?

Wallet

My wallet got heavy last summer. Not heavy with money but heavy on my mind. My search for financial independence and security have left me feeling pretty bad.

I could pin this all on my landlord’s ridiculous “1st and last months’ rent, plus 1 month’s rent for a security deposit”. I could blame my parents for their lack of teaching me about money growing up. I could also blame the state of our economy as almost no one I graduated with has a full-time job right now.

I could also blame my lack of due diligence with some contacts. I could blame my lack of knowledge about my field and how people usually break in. I could yell and scream at my low motivation to call it quits and just get a part-time job at a restaurant until something happens.

It feels sour. It feels like I’m about to fail, every single moment. I’m almost in the boat with people who forgot their life preservers the one time the boat sprung a leek. Except my parents are rich.

I can always borrow more money from them. I never need to really suffer because my parents will always come in and send me some cash.
It’s not a good situation. In fact, this fact alone has probably crippled me more than anything in my search for financial independence.

On the other hand, I am following my dreams. There’s nothing that makes me more grateful than knowing my parents are facilitating my quest for

Source....
http://writeforten.com/users/thechatch

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,723 Founders Club
    But why does @dongman hate his generation?
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,569 Founders Club
    Chatch is the typical nouveaux riche douchebag who has infiltrated Queen Anne over the past 15 years.

Is there a perfectly good house on my property? Better knock it down and build a concrete p.o.s. that takes up as much square footage as possible.
  • DardanusDardanus Member Posts: 2,623

So the pussification of America goes clear back to John Adams.

I'm surprised it took this long to play out.
    America just needed_more_time to get their own guys in there.
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    edited October 2015

And we've studied all these things so Adams' great great grandchildren can take transgender studies and White Privilege 101, while the University of Washington hosts fashion shows at halftime of their barbaric games of football.

If you can't grasp progress when you see it, I can't help you.

Also, please, it's at least a 300 level course.

Chatch is the typical nouveaux riche douchebag who has infiltrated Queen Anne over the past 15 years.

Is there a perfectly good house on my property? Better knock it down and build a concrete p.o.s. that takes up as much square footage as possible.

I really don't understand why people get butthurt over having their property values increase
  • BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279

I really don't understand why people get butthurt over having their property values increase
    Of course you don't understand it, you live in the inland empire.

That didn't make any sense Ballbag.

You don't get it. At all.
  • dongmandongman Member Posts: 2,384

So the pussification of America goes clear back to John Adams.

I'm surprised it took this long to play out.
    J. Q. Adams clearly had no vision or drive. I studied half the shit by the time I was a sophmore.
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,094 Founders Club

Sounds like you care.

Jealousy is ugly. Sad, really.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,020 Founders Club
    This thread is worthless without @HarveyRoad
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,569 Founders Club
    pawz said:

Sounds like you care.

Jealousy is ugly. Sad, really.
    You don't get it.

You don't get it. At all.
    Hondo territory balbag

The property values there have increased a lot regardless. Some people have chosen to refurbish older houses and maintain the character of the neighborhood. Some people have gone the tear down route. Sometimes the new house looks fine, sometimes they build an oversized ugly p.o.s. Those lots aren't all that large in some cases.

I made an educated guess that Chatch went the oversized monstrosity p.o.s route based on his insecurities and need to impress anonymous people on the internet.

• Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,171

I want my property value down until I want to sell. Property taxes and all that.

That being said if my property value continues to increase that is fine so long as it doesn't decrease later. I want my maximum tax exposure to be at the time I sell.
    edited October 2015
    Mad_Son said:

I want my property value down until I want to sell. Property taxes and all that.

That being said if my property value continues to increase that is fine so long as it doesn't decrease later. I want my maximum tax exposure to be at the time I sell.
    This.

For old people that own a town house in Yucaipa these considerations aren't really relevant. Apparently.