Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Not a travel weekend.

It wasn't difficult to decide not to travel over to Seattle with the Division-II Idaho State Bengals to watch their scheduled scrimmage with the Husky JV's on Saturday in magnificent new Husky Stadium. It actually was never considered. Will watch on Big-12 network just to see when Cyler Miles enters the game....... will it be before or following halftime?

Yes, I know. ISU is a member of FCS Division-IA Big Sky conference, but in all that's organic in collegiate football, they are a Division-II donut hole. I thought about inserting my four Tyee tickets in a baked Idaho Russett and send to ADSW with instructions to shove it where the sun never shines, but I couldn't find a spud big enough.

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,371 Founders Club
    For the first time in my entire life, I am (probably) not going to watch the Husky game by choice. The whole thing is offensive.
  • IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754
    edited September 2013
    I remember siting in Husky Stadium on a crisp, fall afternoon with my father in 84' thinking the same thing when the plunger was being inserted into Miama (OH).

Back then with 100 scholarship limits, the mid major teams got the 1 legged blind kids.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

For the first time in my entire life, I am (probably) not going to watch the Husky game by choice. The whole thing is offensive.

You chose to watch the entire 2008 season?

Please tell me you did this only to cheer for perfection like I did.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,371 Founders Club

I remember siting in Husky Stadium on a crisp, fall afternoon with my father in 84' thinking the same thing when the plunger was being inserted into Miama (OH).

Back then with 100 scholarship limits, the mid major teams got the 1 legged blind kids.

I like to compare a mid major with a FCS school that I had never even heard of until last year. I like to do that.

I like to compare a mid major with a FCS school that I had never even heard of until last year. I like to do that.
    If you can't see that IrishDoog is passively aggressively defending Sark by using scholarship limits to equate today's FCS schools with the mid-major schools of 30 years ago, I can't help you.
    Pacific approves this post.

Who do they play this weekend?
    edited September 2013
    Then there was 86' when Bowling Green came a calling. That was the 1st time I got to tailgate with my Dad on a crisp fall afternoon. And lord knows I needed every sip to watch that plunger being inserted.

If you can't see that IrishDoog is passively aggressively defending Sark by using scholarship limits to equate today's FCS schools with the mid-major schools of 30 years ago, I can't help you.

There are 21 more FBS schools now than there were 30 years ago (if my quick and dirty math is correct). 125 schools * 85 scholarships = 10,625 FBS scholarship players now, while 104 schools * 95 scholarships = 9,880 I-A scholarship players in 1983.

Some IrishDoogFuckingStupid posters here like to forget that the scholarship limit was lowered to 95 back in 1978.

There are 21 more FBS schools now than there were 30 years ago (if my quick and dirty math is correct). 125 schools * 85 scholarships = 10,625 FBS scholarship players now, while 104 schools * 95 scholarships = 9,880 I-A scholarship players in 1983.

Some IrishDoogFuckingStupid posters here like to forget that the scholarship limit was lowered to 95 back in 1978.
    So because you put the Div 1 / BCS label on them it makes them better programs?

I guess if we scheduled Old Dominion we would be fine.
  • Can I find one thread where Irishdawg isn't reaching IMALOSER territory?! Is that too much to ask?!
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,474 Founders Club
    Doogs gotta doog as always.
  • Doogs gotta doog as always.

But he doesn't defend Sark at all. He only brings up passive aggressive stats to back up Sark but don't take that as him defending Sark.
    He doesn't defend pool boy either
  • He doesn't defend pool boy either

Wait I thought Sark was Pool Boy? STAFF?!

So because you put the Div 1 / BCS label on them it makes them better programs?

I guess if we scheduled Old Dominion we would be fine.
    Generally speaking, yes. Even the shit tier Sun Belt teams win the majority of their games against FCS opponents (5-3 this year, despite the 0-2 effort from Georgia fucking State).

Sun Belt schools are a D and FCS schools are an F for a reason.

Die.
    91' was my 1st year on campus. I will never forget shotgunning 13 Raindogs before the Toledo game. It is those special times that I will always cherish.
    Your boy Gary pinkie was the coach
  • But he doesn't defend Sark or Pool Boy at all guys...........
    edited September 2013
    92' season was great because I was no longer a Frosh. We had a bon fire / keg party the night before, so I was a little sluggish on the crisp fall afternoon when Pacific came calling. The Tigers put up such a fight that day, I was hoping they would come back my Jr or Sr.

Turns out they stopped playing football a couple of fucking years later.
  • 92' season was great because I was no longer a Frosh. We had a bon fire / keg party the night before, so I was a little sluggish on the crisp fall afternoon when Pacific came calling. The Tigers put up such a fight that day, I was hoping they would come back my Jr or Sr.

Turns out they stopped playing football a couple of fucking years later.

You aren't good at this.