Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

What player surprised you the most (positive and negative)?

Comments

• jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,727
    How does Perkins & Daniels not get involved? Leave it up to sidewinder babushka...

Buttah baker makes that INT 8 out of 10 times.

King looks to have found a home.

I like the look of Gaines

• BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279

Browning looked pretty good. He threw some nice balls, moved around in the pocket, barked orders, wasn't nervous, etc. He looked like he belonged, but objectively speaking, he played like shit. 20-34 for 150 and a pick is a terrible game.

We've harped on the offensive coaching enough, but our talent isn't that bad. It's really not. And even if it is bad, I still expect to have a good enough coach to coax something out of them. It's fucking pathetic. The defense and special teams set them up multiple times with outstanding field position and they twiddled their dicks and kicked FG's. I think they got one first down on either of those drives.

It's really depressing that Petersen and his staff had a long time to reflect on last year's dreckfest of an offense and improve it. All off season to make necessary tweaks and changes. And we come out and play arguably the worst offensive game of the Petersen era. We all know how bad some of those games were last year too. This was as bad or worse than ASU and Stanford last year. There were some good things going on, but it's hard to feel good about anything with this embarrassing of a showing.

I would say UWs offensive talent surpasses Colorado, Oregon State, and Wazzu. Maybe Utah, but they have Booker. So it's below average, but not befitting of the worst offense in the league.

I thought it was odd they never opened up vertically to make BSU pay for stacking the box. Boise actually didn't pressure a ton, they just took away the run completely. My guess is Peterson thought his defense could win him a FG and field position battle...and he was almost correct. He just ran out of time.
    Stanford says hello.
    I'd still take Stanford's talent. McCaffrey is better than any RB on UW. I'd take their OL. I'd take Hogan right now over Browning. TE/WRs are probably pretty close. But I'd keep Smiff over Shaw.
  • HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732

Browning looked pretty good. He threw some nice balls, moved around in the pocket, barked orders, wasn't nervous, etc. He looked like he belonged, but objectively speaking, he played like shit. 20-34 for 150 and a pick is a terrible game.

We've harped on the offensive coaching enough, but our talent isn't that bad. It's really not. And even if it is bad, I still expect to have a good enough coach to coax something out of them. It's fucking pathetic. The defense and special teams set them up multiple times with outstanding field position and they twiddled their dicks and kicked FG's. I think they got one first down on either of those drives.

It's really depressing that Petersen and his staff had a long time to reflect on last year's dreckfest of an offense and improve it. All off season to make necessary tweaks and changes. And we come out and play arguably the worst offensive game of the Petersen era. We all know how bad some of those games were last year too. This was as bad or worse than ASU and Stanford last year. There were some good things going on, but it's hard to feel good about anything with this embarrassing of a showing.

I would say UWs offensive talent surpasses Colorado, Oregon State, and Wazzu. Maybe Utah, but they have Booker. So it's below average, but not befitting of the worst offense in the league.

I thought it was odd they never opened up vertically to make BSU pay for stacking the box. Boise actually didn't pressure a ton, they just took away the run completely. My guess is Peterson thought his defense could win him a FG and field position battle...and he was almost correct. He just ran out of time.
    Stanford says hello.
    I'd still take Stanford's talent. McCaffrey is better than any RB on UW. I'd take their OL. I'd take Hogan right now over Browning. TE/WRs are probably pretty close. But I'd keep Smiff over Shaw.
    Redshirt Sr. Hogan - 20/35, 155 yards, 0 TDs, 1 Int, 6 rushes, -9 yards......@ fucking Northwestern
    True Fr. Browning - 20/34, 150 yards, 0 TDs, 1 Int, 4 rushes, 3 yards......@ BSU

A true freshman playing his first game @ BSU plays equally shitty in his first game vs. a senior making his 40th or so start @ Northwestern.....and you'd go with Hogan?

And saying you'd keep Smiff over anyone further shows how FS your post is.

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    HuskyInAZ said:

Stanford says hello.
    Redshirt Sr. Hogan - 20/35, 155 yards, 0 TDs, 1 Int, 6 rushes, -9 yards......@ fucking Northwestern
    True Fr. Browning - 20/34, 150 yards, 0 TDs, 1 Int, 4 rushes, 3 yards......@ BSU

A true freshman playing his first game @ BSU plays equally shitty in his first game vs. a senior making his 40th or so start @ Northwestern.....and you'd go with Hogan?

If you can't see the damage Shaw has done to Hogan over the past four years, I can't help you.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    HuskyInAZ said:

Stanford says hello.

Wwwooooosssshhhhhh
  • HippopeteamusHippopeteamus Member Posts: 1,958
    HuskyInAZ said:

Stanford says hello.

And Stanford also rushed for 85 yds as opposed to the 19 yds of UW
  • HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732

HuskyInAZ said:

Stanford says hello.

If you can't see the damage Shaw has done to Hogan over the past four years, I can't help you.
    If you can't see how bad our playcalling has been over the past year or so, I can't help you.
  • BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    edited September 2015
    HuskyInAZ said:

Stanford says hello.

Hogan has also won the conference twice, a rose bowl, and beat Oregon twice, nothing else matters. That was probably the worst game of his career yesterday. Pretty safe bet he gets better. I'd still go with Hogan this year.

Smiff was a whoosh on your part, but not a big one. Stanford's biggest problem is Shaws play calling.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,609 Swaye's Wigwam
    Larry Cullpepper >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Smiff
  • DontCallMeShirleyDontCallMeShirley Member Posts: 283
    This year is fucked. The whole team looked out manned at pretty much every position. I'd say they will be better in the future but I think I've said that every year since 1990. So there's that.
  • PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    Positive: next to Victor it's JoJo Mathis. Going to be a stud before too long.

Negative: D. Washington (piling on). I'm going to start a consecutive game-watch to see how long it takes before he actually makes somebody miss.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    Sorry I can't get geeked up about Browning and his 20-34. It sure seemed like 10-34. The current offense is terrible and if they don't get their shit together are going to get buried by Pac-12 defenses. I could care less how close the game was. We fucking lost. Victor looked great. Qualls looks like he can plug the middle. Mathis might be a warrior but until this team wins who gives a fuck? "We are close" "should a could a would a" it's the same as getting a second or third place medal in kids sporting events. Fuck participation. Win or fucking go home!

HuskyInAZ said:

Stanford says hello.

Hogan has also won the conference twice, a rose bowl, and beat Oregon twice, nothing else matters. That was probably the worst game of his career yesterday. Pretty safe bet he gets better. I'd still go with Hogan this year.

Smiff was a whoosh on your part, but not a big one. Stanford's biggest problem is Shaws play calling.
    But how is the Pac-12 a colossal dreckfest?
    Baseman said:

Sorry I can't get geeked up about Browning and his 20-34. It sure seemed like 10-34. The current offense is terrible and if they don't get their shit together are going to get buried by Pac-12 defenses. I could care less how close the game was. We fucking lost. Victor looked great. Qualls looks like he can plug the middle. Mathis might be a warrior but until this team wins who gives a fuck? "We are close" "should a could a would a" it's the same as getting a second or third place medal in kids sporting events. Fuck participation. Win or fucking go home!

Since when does anyone beside Stanford play defense in the Pac-12?
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,023 Founders Club
    Bring back the fucking I form!