Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

What player surprised you the most (positive and negative)?

Positive: Victor! What a fucking stud! Can't wait to see him light people up in conference play. #playerdevelopment
Negative: D Washington. Same straight edge running nonsense. Spare me the OL being bad, he was worse.

Comments

• doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,197 Swaye's Wigwam
    They all sucked.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,022 Founders Club
    Positive: Win a fucking game and we will talk
    Negative: D-line. Pick anyone. They all looked undersized and couldn't generate a pass rush.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,022 Founders Club

PurpleJ said:

Positive: Win a fucking game and we will talk
    Negative: D-line. Pick anyone. They all looked undersized and couldn't generate a pass rush.

First half maybe, but the d-line was least of our problems.
    It said surprised by, not who was the least of our problems. I wasn't surprised at all by the offense. I was surprised that our DL was average. I expected them to be good, but I'm not really worried because I like our DL coach.
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    Pretty much agree on both.
    Not sure anyone surprised me that much in a positive way.
    I was expecting at least something from DWash. Didn't expect him to play even close to that horribly
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,314
    Gaines looked good, I never noticed dissly
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,491 Standard Supporter
    brchco12 said:

Gaines looked good, I never noticed dissly

I did notice Dissly actually. Wasn't amazing or anything but he shows up.
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,314
    Aren't Gaines' and dissly's numbers very similar? I kept confusing them in a way only DDY would appreciate
  • HippopeteamusHippopeteamus Member Posts: 1,958
    edited September 2015
    brchco12 said:

Aren't Gaines' and dissly's numbers very similar? I kept confusing them in a way only DDY would appreciate

Gaines is the fatty.
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,171
    I was most positively surprised by Browning. That is of course relative to expectations.

I didn't really have an expectation before but I most negatively noticed Bierria with his big whiffs. Sure, they could have been awesome hits had he connected but close doesn't count.
  • SpoonieLuvSpoonieLuv Member Posts: 5,451
    I was impressed with Eldrenkamp. He was pushing guys around on pass block. passes the look test. Run game away a clusterfuck and I didn't see how he performed there.

Negative: wide receivers. Would name one but who cares.
  • MuttzenMuttzen Member Posts: 1,015
    edited September 2015
    I was most positively surprised when we came out in the beginning of the game. I saw some new formations.

"Finally!, Jonathan Smith opened up the playbook because we have a QB worth a damn"

Then, the game unfolded. Despite the fact that we had some new plays, and lots of motion. We still threw at the line of scrimmage all day.

"Ok, maybe we'll have a screen heavy offense, that's okay, that can win games too, now that we have a QB like browning, we can stretch the defense and this can work. It will help our run game too since our backs are either young, or very flawed."

We didn't try to stretch the field. We kept trying to run lateral passes/screen all day. Again.

And Again

and Again.

"if we keep trying the same thing over and over, it will work eventually. That makes sense. That's what I like to think." - Jonathan Smith

It didn't work.

I'm surprised that I was surprised.
  • FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223

Surprised Browning didn't play better. And don't give me that true freshman bullshit - Josh Rosen absolutely lit it up for UCLA. Hope I'm wrong but he didn't show me much to get excited about. Oh, he could develop but doubt it's this year.

J smith is not rosens OC