Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Washington Poised For Downturn Under Petersen

Comments

• Options
    purpledoogfanpurpledoogfan Member Posts: 502
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    edited August 2015

I've admitted many times that Miley sucked and I was wrong, but okay. I'm still waiting for Lavon Coleman to prove he shouldn't be playing at Montana. I'm not bitter about anything. We played worse when the other QB's got their chance. Miley and the QB's were a large part of the problem. 3 years of bad offense is three years Denny. We've had these threads many times already so there isn't a need to hash it out again.
    I'm sick and tired of your lying bullshit Roadie. BSU had a fucking top 25 offense in 2013. 22nd in yds per game (476) and 20th in pts per game (37.5). Pete had ONE average year at BSU in 2012 when he was replacing the most productive QB in the history of college football. BSU also happened to go 11-2 that year including the Vegas Bowl victory over UW. So who fucking cares about offensive stats when your team goes 11-2?

Like someone else pointed out in this thread, the two years CP has had an average offense ('12 &'14) he's had shitty QB play. There's not a coach in the country that can produce a top 25 offense without a decent QB. Miley can't throw a football farther than 10 yards. How the fuck do you run an offense with that? The play calling last year lacked creativity because we were held back by shitty QB play. A lot of what CP does on offense is allow the QB to call plays and make changes at the LOS. Kellen Moore was a master at doing this. At the LOS he was able to see the mismatches in personnel and call the correct play to exploit the mismatch. Do you think Miley could do this? Fuck no!

You need the right QB to run Petes offense. Sark left Pete a bunch of fucktards. That's why Pete went out of his way and had been recruiting Browning since he was a freshman. I have confidence that once Browning takes over at QB the offense is going to be just as explosive as it was at BSU. He's going to struggle at first and take his lumps but when he gains the experience and confidence he's going to be great. I expect growing pains this year but we'll all see glimpses of what's to come. Expect 5 or 6 wins this year if Browning starts. Next year 9 or 10 wins.

#StraightUpDoogin

I don't disagree with a lot of your post, but relying on Miley to do shit he couldn't do was FS. What makes some coaches great is the ability to maximize the talent at hand and fit their schemes to the talent. We had shitty talent, no question. The coaching was shit too. Jmo based on the results.

Kellen Moore was an exceptional QB. Can Pete field a good offense without a Moore? There are issues on the offensive side of the ball. You are a fucking idiot if you believe otherwise.

You hope Browning will be good. I do too. Realistically, he won't be as good as Kellen Moore though.

This is a message board. We talk the good, bad, and ugly. And right now our offense is a 300 pound whale with blisters and warts on her pussy. Forgive me for not having blind faith that the offense will roll after we finished dead fucking last in the PAC 12 last year.

And Boise State scored 6 points at Husky Stadium. With multiple NFL players. That offense sucked.

Please tell me what they could have done last year to maximize the talent?

Option 1: Miley -couldn't throw the ball past 10 yards. On top of that we now find out he had an injured hip which considerably effected his ability to be a running threat. 10 cent head and couldn't hold on to the fucking ball.

Option 2: Swede- DIAFF if you thought he was the better option last year.

Option 3: Black Power- Started one game in a monsoon and looked like shit. He was too turnover prone for Petes liking. Never bought in to the coaching change. Legendary 4-star Sark recruit.

Its not blind faith to think the offense is going to turn around. Petes strategy was obvious last year. Don't turn the ball over on offense and let your defense win the game. The strategy almost worked. We were a couple plays per game (Stan, UA, OSU) away from 11 wins. Better talent at QB would have made a major difference.

• Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    That UW defense Boise went up against in 2013 had numerous NFL players.....Shelton, Kikaha, Shaq, Peters, Ducre and Parker who was close plus Feeney potentially.

After looking at the numbers, I conclude that 81% of the reason the offense sucked was Miles.

-Miles had 13 total fumbles- the most in the entire country
    -Miles was 11/12 in QBR in pac12....12th/13 if you include Luke Falk.
    -His QBR was 49. The #10 QB Anu Solomon's QBR was 58.5, nearly 10 points above Miles.
    -Miles QBR was worse than Goff & Sefo during their true freshman seasons.

Here are some of UW's offensive stats:

-5th in yards per carry
    -4th in rushing yards
    -8th in long scrimmage plays (I averaged out the data)
    -3rd in sacks allowed
    -5th in TFL allowed
    -10th in yards per play
    -11th in yards per game

The sacks and TFL #s may be a bit inflated due to passing less than other teams but I bet both would be top 9. Most of the non-Cyler influenced numbers are okay while Cyler was god awful. Not only was he 11th in the conference but he was miles (pun intended) away from #10 Solomon.

This does not absolve Petersen and J Smith from blame but it gives us proper context.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Malzahn and Chip Kelly had great offenses with shit QB's. Wisconsin runs it down the throat of the other team with mostly bad QB play.

The offense sucked last year. Fuck your excuses. It needs to be better.
  • Options
    purpledoogfanpurpledoogfan Member Posts: 502

Malzahn and Chip Kelly had great offenses with shit QB's. Wisconsin runs it down the throat of the other team with mostly bad QB play.

Are you fucking kidding me? Is this is whoosh?

Auburn and Oregon can get away with below average QB play because their offense is LOADED with elite talent. Their players have also been playing in the same offensive system for years. Fuck you for even comparing our shitty offensive players to Auburn and Oregon.

Wisconsin can run it down other teams throats because they recruit talented feces in their throats OL. Again, fuck you for comparing UW's shitty OL to Wisconsin.

Here's the truth about what CP and Smith had to work with. The most explosive playmaker (Ross) had to be moved to defense. Our All-American LB had to start 3 games at RB. The starting QB was hurt and couldn't throw past 10 yards. Jaydon Mickens is the best player UW has on offense.

Show me one coach in America who can turn that shit sandwich into filet mignon.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Auburn and Oregon can get away with below average QB play because their offense is LOADED with elite talent. Their players have also been playing in the same offensive system for years. Fuck you for even comparing our shitty offensive players to Auburn and Oregon.

Wisconsin can run it down other teams throats because they recruit talented feces in their throats OL. Again, fuck you for comparing UW's shitty OL to Wisconsin.

Here's the truth about what CP and Smith had to work with. The most explosive playmaker (Ross) had to be moved to defense. Our All-American LB had to start 3 games at RB. The starting QB was hurt and couldn't throw past 10 yards. Jaydon Mickens is the best player UW has on offense.

They weren't really comparisons. You are recycling every doog cliche on why we have sucked. Always blame the players.

12th is 12th. Bad talent and bad coaching = shit results. It wasn't all Miles fault. It wasn't all Smith/Petersen's. It was a fucking mess. In what year is it okay to place some blame on the coaches? Whatever you want to believe though.
  • Options
    Pm to @AZDuck

UW's defense was 16th best according to football outsiders.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/feidef
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment

Early Oregon teams weren't that loaded. What's Barner or LaMichael James doing these days? Their best WR back then was a white walk-on if i recall correctly.

They did have shit QBs, but they had a system that got the most out of what they had. Later they got great talent in a great system.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

Pm to @AZDuck

PM to @HeretoBeatmyChest

Oregon won the national championship last year according to Football Outsiders

• Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

@HeretoBeatmyChest said it best. Pete is good. Give him some fucking time.

The Okie State game was just another Sark-era setback where people backslid with mental intensity. We actually played well in the second half, but it was too late.

CPOTD

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Early Oregon teams weren't that loaded. What's Barner or LaMichael James doing these days? Their best WR back then was a white walk-on if i recall correctly.

They did have shit QBs, but they had a system that got the most out of what they had. Later they got great talent in a great system.
    Auburn had such elite talent that they had a losing record in 2012. Malian comes in, brings in a guy that played CB at Georgia, wins the SEC, and plays in the title game. The same players that were dog shit before were suddenly good.

"But their recruiting rankings!" Of you use that logic, UW's was middle of the PAC, not 12th.

Better talent than UW, of course. Elite talent in the SEC? Not a chance. Malzahn was the sole reason for their improvement and deserved coach of the year.

This just in: There has never been a team that finished last in a conference on offense that had good talent. Of course the talent looked like shit. Have some fucking standards.
  • Options
    RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160
    AZDuck said:

Pm to @AZDuck

PM to @HeretoBeatmyChest

Too bad Turner isn't their AD - they'd have their first national championship.
  • Options
    AZDuck said:

Pm to @AZDuck

PM to @HeretoBeatmyChest

Thats SRS not Football Outsiders.

Learn the fucking difference.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    edited August 2015

AZDuck said:

Pm to @AZDuck

PM to @HeretoBeatmyChest

Thats SRS not Football Outsiders.

Learn the fucking difference.

• Options
    Citrus4TroogsCitrus4Troogs Member Posts: 248
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    @AZDuck I see that the Obergefell v. Hodges ruling has led to some targeted advertising
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,457
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    He had decent offensive lines to keep that midget upright.
  • Options
    OZONEOZONE Member Posts: 2,510
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    UW can't have a downturn... since they haven't been "up" since about 2001. They are still on the downturn they've been on since then.

Sark was just a mediocre coach who could only win 5-6 Pac12 games year at UW. That doesn't count as being "up".

HTH