Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Bobby Wagner on twatter

Comments

• Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    It'll be interesting (or not) to see what happens with Bennett.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I find it highly unlikely that they won't get a deal done with Wagner unless Wagner's asking for something unrealistic.

Much more likely IMO that the franchise tag gets used on Okung if they can't come up with a deal. Should be much easier to get the Wagner deal done.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Tequilla said:

I find it highly unlikely that they won't get a deal done with Wagner unless Wagner's asking for something unrealistic.

Much more likely IMO that the franchise tag gets used on Okung if they can't come up with a deal. Should be much easier to get the Wagner deal done.

No way they can afford to franchise Okung. He's gone.
  • Options
    DardanusDardanus Member Posts: 2,623
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I think this tweet is in response to all the people who said "Seahawks won't be able to keep everyone."
  • Options
    Dardanus said:

I think this tweet is in response to all the people who said "Seahawks won't be able to keep everyone."

I doubt it, but that would be HAWESOME, if true
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

True story. But Wagsn isnt going anywhere. #FranchiseTag

Okung, Mebane and Irvin otoh will be having couch sales in the next 9 months. I think they have the replacements lined up for Irvin and Mebane, less confident about LT.

Baldwin and Cary Williams as well. Both are making between 6 and 7 million. A rising cap and plenty of casualties. There should be a way to keep Wagner.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,066
    Founders Club

dnc said:

Okung, Mebane and Irvin otoh will be having couch sales in the next 9 months. I think they have the replacements lined up for Irvin and Mebane, less confident about LT.

Baldwin and Cary Williams as well. Both are making between 6 and 7 million. A rising cap and plenty of casualties. There should be a way to keep Wagner.
    Baldwin is a solid contributor but with due diligence the Hawks can find a solid replacement at half the price.
  • Options

dnc said:

They'll keep Williams if they can't develop another corner. Allegedly they love Simon and think his struggles in the playoffs were related to injury. if he takes Williams' starting job some time this year Williams will be DOA. If Simon is who we think he is (i.e. garbage) then I think Williams gets another year.

It's tuff for me to see them letting Baldwin go. He's really good at what he does as a route runner, reliable target out of the slot. I suppose you could argue Lockett is his eventual replacement in the slot, but I think they want Lockett to play outside.

I think Kearse is done after this year, but I think Baldwin is here for another few years. With the cap going up they're not going to have to unload everybody but the stars. My guess is Baldwin's a keeper.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    It would be a big mistake letting Baldwin go. He is a huge part of the heart of the team, has been clutch in big games and very productive with limited opportunities. On paper it wouldn't appear to be much of a loss, but down the line people would realize the value of his intangibles.