Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Ted Likes Dwayne Washington

So is there room for felicitously named Washington running back Dwayne Washington to squeeze into the picture without being accused of a photobomb? Washington, the player, certainly thinks so.

"I want to be better than everybody else," he said. "But my focus right now is on fall camp."

While he's going to have to climb over a number of more accomplished bodies to do that, few finished the regular season stronger than Washington, who totaled 383 of his 697 yards against Arizona, Oregon State and Washington State, averaging a stout 7.8 yards per carry and scoring five of his nine touchdowns. Explosive? He produced runs of 68, 51, 60 and 66 yards during that span.

Comments

• PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,703 Founders Club
    Or as we like to call him at Montlake; DWarsh!
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,921 Founders Club
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    Ted also loves the cock.

Doesn't make it right.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Gladstone said:

How was he a WR in HS?

His high school coaches are obviously nimwits. Most of them are.
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    edited July 2015
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,591
    Maybe I'm Doogin' but it seems people are giving Washington some guilt by association because Ted Miller wrote the article.

He has size, he has speed, and he's farther along in his switch from WR to RB. Usually when he had nowhere to run, it was because the OL wasn't doing their job against the better teams in the league.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    Washington will be nothing more than a slightly above average back.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

What other position on offense do we have anyone slightly above average? TE, maybe. That's it.

• PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,703 Founders Club

I almost read that as "Washington will be nothing more than a slightly above average black."

You guys have had a negative influence on me. You've contributed to me becoming a racist.
    I was a Honda-esque liberal just a few years ago. Now, I'm a confederate flag-waving redneck.
    DJ's right wing agenda has claimed another victim. Thanks a lot, assholes.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,545 Founders Club
    edited July 2015
    HFNY said:

Maybe I'm Doogin' but it seems people are giving Washington some guilt by association because Ted Miller wrote the article.

He has size, he has speed, and he's farther along in his switch from WR to RB. Usually when he had nowhere to run, it was because the OL wasn't doing their job against the better teams in the league.

I love Dwashes athleticism and you can't teach his ability to take it to the house, but being a good runner takes some intangibles. Reading a defense, manipulating a defenders momentum, knowing where they are now and where they will be, etc.

He lacks a lot of those intangible qualities, which is why he looks like he should be in the NFL and is praying for honorable mention Pac.

Do you trust the line to simplify his decisions and amplify his strengths?
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,591
    I get that he's a great athlete playing RB.

You can't teach what he has though and I still think there's more juice there for this guy to squeeze out of DW:

gohuskies.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=209353995
    Doogles said:

HFNY said:

I love Dwashes athleticism and you can't teach his ability to take it to the house, but being a good runner takes some intangibles. Reading a defense, manipulating a defenders momentum, knowing where they are now and where they will be, etc.

He lacks a lot of those intangible qualities, which is why he looks like he should be in the NFL and is praying for honorable mention Pac.

Do you trust the line to simplify his decisions and amplify his strengths?