Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

One thing for us to keep in mind

13»

Comments

• PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,590 Swaye's Wigwam
    Dardanus said:

PGOS - you have received the Gilby/Fleenor double awesome! Congrats!
    You're two thirds of the way to a lemon party...keep up the great poasting!

not a dry eye in the PGOS harem
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,549 Founders Club

This 4 wins stuff is ridiculous. We are going to suck, but should we really suck more than we have in year's past? I can understand maybe a 6 win o/u, but 4? Fuck me runnin Cocker!

How many times do I have to post that the over under is not fucking 4 and never fucking was 4 before you fucksticks that failed out of remedial high school fucking maths fucking get it. Fuck!
    @NotEvenMoneyDawg is available.
  • ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904

Dardanus said:

I don't get this. He wins some award for saying nobody reads my posts. But if that is true, then why does he win an award since he would have to read my posts in order to say nobody reads my posts.

Also, people need to stop with the excuse of so-and-so's players on the team are the problem. All that does is create a bunch of fucking message board posts. It's right in there with "team is young".... also somebody pointed out that the OL changed blocking schemes, and that was the cause of problems. BULL-FUCKING-SHIT. Those dudes , for one thing, are ready to rumble in any scheme... also a guy who has played at this level knows what the hell the different scheme is.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,590 Swaye's Wigwam

Dardanus said:

I don't get this. He wins some award for saying nobody reads my posts. But if that is true, then why does he win an award since he would have to read my posts in order to say nobody reads my posts.

Also, people need to stop with the excuse of so-and-so's players on the team are the problem. All that does is create a bunch of fucking message board posts. It's right in there with "team is young".... also somebody pointed out that the OL changed blocking schemes, and that was the cause of problems. BULL-FUCKING-SHIT. Those dudes , for one thing, are ready to rumble in any scheme... also a guy who has played at this level knows what the hell the different scheme is.
    uhhh
  • ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    well, even if the prestitious fleenor-sweetman award is prestigious, I still don't see how PGOS is going to make room in his mom's basement for a harem. It's also still an unexplained mystery to me how he says nobody reads my posts, yet he seems to downvote and troll virtually all of my posts. So under that reasoning, when he says "nobody" he is in fact referring to himself. Nobody.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,000 Founders Club

A big key and indicator for future success for me this year will be watching closely the true sophmores and RS-Freshmen. If we really start to see those guys flash and make plays it will be a huge indicator going forward.

Specifically, players like Jojo McIntosh, Darren Gardenhire, Jaylen Johnson (String), Greg Gaines, Virta Vea (if he is healthy), Lenius, Dotson, etc.; those types of players. If we see a bunch of those types of players playing well it will really give me hope heading into 2016, and overall for the program because I'll feel a lot better about recruiting evaluations.

And then if there is the "Andrew Hudson" effect on some older Sark recruits that would be another terrific sign of player development.

I know there was talk the other day about needing to be #3 in the conference behind USC, UCLA in recruiting to have a chance. I agree with that to an extent, but not fully. I think if we can never fall below #5 in the conference we can compete and win. If Petersen can bring in the players he has been bringing in, and also supplement that with the evaluations that he was famous for at Boise we will be just fine at that level. That is why I will be watching his players so closely this fall.

If his players start developing like crazy this year I will be doogin' pretty hard for 2016.

I always thought you looked closely because of their well-developed hips and bulging thighs.
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    edited July 2015

MisterEm said:

If UW can get a RB to step up and perform at a high level, it will make a world of difference.

Disagree.

Give me consistent OL and competent QB play and the RB will take care of itself.

A world class RB on the other hand, will not mask the play of a mediocre line and/or QB.

Marshawn Lynch has been masking a mediocre Seahawks line for years
    So Russell Wilson is Cyler Miles?

Even Tarvaris could throw a 25 yard fade.

Way to adress only the part of the argument that suits your comment. Next. ;)

EDIT: The Seahawks "mediocre" line includes the individual awards given out to the likes of Unger (former) and Okung. Correct?

Atoe, Tufunga, Criste, et al...couldn't sniff an individual award in 4+ years.

If the Seahawks line is mediocre, the Huskies line is/was DIII, at best. But still...

• AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,046 Standard Supporter
    MisterEm said:

MisterEm said:

If UW can get a RB to step up and perform at a high level, it will make a world of difference.

Disagree.

Give me consistent OL and competent QB play and the RB will take care of itself.

A world class RB on the other hand, will not mask the play of a mediocre line and/or QB.

Marshawn Lynch has been masking a mediocre Seahawks line for years
    So Russell Wilson is Cyler Miles?

Even Tarvaris could throw a 25 yard fade.

Way to adress only the part of the argument that suits your comment. Next. ;)

EDIT: The Seahawks "mediocre" line includes the individual awards given out to the likes of Unger (former) and Okung. Correct?

Atoe, Tufunga, Criste, et al...couldn't sniff an individual award in 4+ years.

If the Seahawks line is mediocre, the Huskies line is/was DIII, at best. But still...

The Seahawks can't pass block worth shit. But thanks for playing.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849
    edited July 2015
    PurpleJ said:

I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised by our QB play this year, considering how our coach is a former QB. If not, it's FMFYFE until next year when Browning likely starts.

I've always thought that 2016 would be special.

well, even if the prestitious fleenor-sweetman award is prestigious, I still don't see how PGOS is going to make room in his mom's basement for a harem. It's also still an unexplained mystery to me how he says nobody reads my posts, yet he seems to downvote and troll virtually all of my posts. So under that reasoning, when he says "nobody" he is in fact referring to himself. Nobody.

Mercer Island has big basements

Also, lighten up francis
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

Tequilla said:

brchco12 said:

Tequilla gotta tequilla;dr

I get called out ... I gotta respond
    You've had a relapse of cataclysmic proportions
    This is a painful side effect of reducing your alcohol consumption ... increased edginess
  • digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,481

Last year provided reason for hope on this front.

Kikaha, Shelton, and Thompson were all good players in 2013, but their output greatly increased last year.

Several of the true frosh played like veteran players:
    Buttah, Sidey Jones IX, Pettis

The guys you mentioned got better. And Petersen deserves credit. At the same time, sometimes guys just get better as they get older. Kevin Smith was way better as a senior than in his previous years. Bishop Sankey was good as a sophomore. He was great as a junior. Ducre was way better as a senior.

The stars on defense and Andrew Hudseon got better, but on the whole it was a mixed bag. The OL wasn't any better and was possibly worse. Timu, Feeney, and Littleton didn't really look any better. The rest of the offense hadn't played much, but we didn't see any big improvements out of any of those guys either.

Petersen's Boise State teams were more indicative of a coach that is a strong developer of talent than last year at UW.
    Uh, no shit. That's how it's supposed to work, you know? You get better at things in life with practice, knowledge, and experience. To think a player sucks if they're not first on the depth chart by their first or second year in a program is one massive, huge crock of shit.

• BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    edited July 2015

Last year provided reason for hope on this front.

Kikaha, Shelton, and Thompson were all good players in 2013, but their output greatly increased last year.

Several of the true frosh played like veteran players:
    Buttah, Sidey Jones IX, Pettis

The guys you mentioned got better. And Petersen deserves credit. At the same time, sometimes guys just get better as they get older. Kevin Smith was way better as a senior than in his previous years. Bishop Sankey was good as a sophomore. He was great as a junior. Ducre was way better as a senior.

The stars on defense and Andrew Hudseon got better, but on the whole it was a mixed bag. The OL wasn't any better and was possibly worse. Timu, Feeney, and Littleton didn't really look any better. The rest of the offense hadn't played much, but we didn't see any big improvements out of any of those guys either.

Petersen's Boise State teams were more indicative of a coach that is a strong developer of talent than last year at UW.
    Uh, no shit. That's how it's supposed to work, you know? You get better at things in life with practice, knowledge, and experience. To think a player sucks if they're not first on the depth chart by their first or second year in a program is one massive, huge crock of shit.

Agree, but it depends. At a good program it can be hard to crack the depth. At UW the past 10-15 years, if a player wasn't in the two deeps by their R-Fr or Sophomore year, they were useless.
    I think that is the same at most schools that recruit consistently and smartly. Baring injury issues or some other non-football issue if a player hasn't shown promise to stick in the two deep by end of 2nd or early 3rd year it usually just doesn't happen. Especially after two or three classes come in behind them.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499

Worst.Poaster.Ever.