Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Watching the SEC Network

DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,549 Founders Club
edited July 2015 in Hardcore Husky Board
I'm lazily watching the SEC Network's countdown of their top 20 games of 2014 and just finished #10 (Ark vs. #6AtM) where Arky chokes and loses to AtM in OT in Jerry World.

Hearing Sumlin's Post game rah rah, "i said ark is much improved", "I'm surprised they're not in the top 25" "What a show tonight (insert shit eating grin at reporter)" just reminded me how much he is Sark's brother from a soul mother.

One sideline choked, the other got lucky, but it was like watching our past and future battle. Ark took their lumps, looked confused often, had center QB exchange problems, lost the game. Supple tits Sumlin got the win. Check back in a few years to see where both programs are.

Comments

• CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    Been watching SEC SEC SEC SEC Network all last week and now this week for these games.

Now Arkansas is playing Bama. Good stuff.
    Arkansas's left tackle is Dan Skipper.... He is 6'10" 320 pounds.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,549 Founders Club

Top 5 pick?
    Doogles said:

Top 5 pick?
    He's no Atoe.
  • RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160

Doogles said:

Top 5 pick?
    He's no Atoe.
    Who is?
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,599 Swaye's Wigwam
    Atoe was a top 5 pick for team USA USA USA in the world amateur bowel, so fuck off
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,549 Founders Club
    They really need a new SEC Network commercial. I like Johnny Cash, but holy shit that commercial is getting annoying. At least mix it up with one other promo if you're going to play it twice every break.
  • BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    I'm too lazy to link, but Gary Pinkel had really good interview with Paul Jewbaum during SEC media week. It's on his pod stream. Talked about building his program and constant self-assessment and self-critique. credited his style to Don James. Good listen.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    I'm not letting you guys on the Arkansas bandwagon!!1! I said they were much improved early last year and was chastised by Boobie and a few others, but why does everyone think they are now a real factor?

Alabama isn't going anywhere. Auburn now has Muschamp as the DC and one of, if not the best offensive mind in college football. LSU will always have great talent. And the Mississippi's are kind of frauds but State will be good this year because of Prescott and Ole Miss does have talent.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419

I'm too lazy to link, but Gary Pinkel had really good interview with Paul Jewbaum during SEC media week. It's on his pod stream. Talked about building his program and constant self-assessment and self-critique. credited his style to Don James. Good listen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1FUPegbHxk
  • BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279

I'm not letting you guys on the Arkansas bandwagon!!1! I said they were much improved early last year and was chastised by Boobie and a few others, but why does everyone think they are now a real factor?

Alabama isn't going anywhere. Auburn now has Muschamp as the DC and one of, if not the best offensive mind in college football. LSU will always have great talent. And the Mississippi's are kind of frauds but State will be good this year because of Prescott and Ole Miss does have talent.

Arkansas? 4th in the SEC West is always special.

I have Auburn out of the SEC. The news on Coker sounds pretty mediocre AND they'll be replacing 9offensive starters. They'll win 10 games but I think Auburn edges them out. Same story in SEC - loads of talent in the west, but shittastic QBs (esp LSU), and the East isn't that good with Tn and Fla rebuilding.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

Arkansas? 4th in the SEC West is always special.

I have Auburn out of the SEC. The news on Coker sounds pretty mediocre AND they'll be replacing 9offensive starters. They'll win 10 games but I think Auburn edges them out. Same story in SEC - loads of talent in the west, but shittastic QBs (esp LSU), and the East isn't that good with Tn and Fla rebuilding.
    It's amazing how bad LSU's QB's are almost every year. Evidence points to Coker being mediocre at best. Is he actually going to start? But I'm guessing they have a good OL, Nick Saban is still the coach, and Henry is a monster.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    edited July 2015
    Arkansas is proof that SRS matters quite a lot. 7-6 but 12th in SRS. Obviously a good team can underachieve and have a strong SRS like UW in 2013. That speaks as to how much better the W/L should have been. In Arkansas' case they are an up and coming team.

I just looked at Missouri's recruiting and SRS since 2005. Recruiting has slowly and steadily trended up with Pinkel but still cant crack the top 25. The best stretch was 2010-2013 which averaged 28th in stars per player and 3.05/player.

Pinkel is 91-41 since year 4 including 23-5 the last two years in the SEC. 6 top 21 finishes in his last 8 years (SRS). Including a 4,7,11.

It took him more than a few years to get going but Missouri was nothing before him. Averaging 9-4/yr since year 4? Pinkel contended for a national title in two years, though was only really close once. Most new UW fans might give up their left nut for that.

However, judging from Pinkel's work and UW's advantages one should expect Petersen to accomplish more at UW.
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,285 Founders Club
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,736 Founders Club

I thought boobs and I said Arky would win the Pac 12 North