Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

NBA Free Agency

A lot of hype will be made about the moves, but I don't think any will actually change anything. In the West, GS, OKC, and San Antonio will be the best teams. In the East, the Cavs will be the best as long as they have LeBron.

Comments

• HuskiesADWHuskiesADW Member Posts: 141
    No love for my Grizzlies. If they add some shooting (how many years has this been an issue) they may crash the party. They were destroying OKC until they figured out to double Randolph or Gasol if they got the ball in the post.

In the East the surprise team will be the Bucks or the Pistons. If the Bucks add someone like Chandler to their young core they can give anyone a run for their money as he is the perfect compliment to their team (well Jordan would be but he won't sign there). Also the Pistons can sign someone like Harris to play the 3/4. Will help with spacing. Plus SVG is a top 2 coach in the east so they will be a playoff team.

All in all more expect more of the same from the NBA next season. Spurs will win it all as it is an odd year.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,620 Founders Club
    I can't believe all the talk about Aldridge. He's never won shit and now at 30 he's going to make the Spurs champs? Bullshit. Gemobbllliiiii and Duncan are done as are the Spurs.

The Clippers are gonna Clip with or without Jordan. Jordan is not a difference maker at Dallas or Houston.

Love needs to stay in Cleveland. Or not. Either way I don't give a shit. The Cavs need shooters they can count on night in and night out in the playoffs. Jordan could make a difference there on the pick and rolls because he's a lot more coordinated than Moskov. He can #Finish better.

The Warriors will stumble and your Seattle Supersonics will rebound with a healthy Durant and Westbrook. And a new coach.

Cavs v. Thunder and Lebron gets #3.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

I can't believe all the talk about Aldridge. He's never won shit and now at 30 he's going to make the Spurs champs? Bullshit. Gemobbllliiiii and Duncan are done as are the Spurs.

The Clippers are gonna Clip with or without Jordan. Jordan is not a difference maker at Dallas or Houston.

Love needs to stay in Cleveland. Or not. Either way I don't give a shit. The Cavs need shooters they can count on night in and night out in the playoffs. Jordan could make a difference there on the pick and rolls because he's a lot more coordinated than Moskov. He can #Finish better.

The Warriors will stumble and your Seattle Supersonics will rebound with a healthy Durant and Westbrook. And a new coach.

Aldridge has never played for Popovich or with Leonard and Parker. I agree Ginobili's done and Duncan's close but that's a damn good team if they can add Aldridge. I've been writing the Spurs off for like 10 years, I'm not making that mistake again. As long as Pop is corching they have a shot.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493

2-5

I can't believe all the talk about Pau. He's never won shit and now at 28 he's going to make the Lakers champs? Bullshit. Kobe is done as are the Lakers.

I always love it when people think that a player's inability to win a ring as #1 guy on a team means he can't do it as the #2.

Not the case.
    Pau was #3 at best

But still
    Popovich is no different that Phil Jackson who has twice as many rings. No superstars no rings

Pau was #3 at best

Behind who, Lamar Kardashian or Andrew "18.9 mpg in the finals" Bynum?

YWE
    World Peace and Bynum. Paus was 4
    In fact Lamar was ahead of him. Good catch

World Peace and Bynum. Paus was 4

I started working up a good Zach Lowesque reply to prove you wrong, but you don't actually believe that.

I know. He was 5
    He's a soft fucking loser. Kobe told me

He's a soft fucking loser.

With as many rings as LeBron
    As a #5. Not as a #1 which was your point originally.

I win
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    To win titles, you need a lot of great players surrounding you. Pau was clearly a huge factor on the success of those Lakers teams.

It will be very interesting to see where the NBA consolidates over the next 1-2 weeks. I can see a world where some of the teams we've looked at being highly successful in the past 5-10 years are on the outside looking in.

It would not shock me to see the Lakers in a very good place within a week.
    edited June 2015

As a #5. Not as a #1 which was your point originally.

I win

I never said he was a #1 on a title team. I said he didn't win as a #1 (in Memphis) but did win (twice) as a #2 (in LA).

You looose.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    There is no way for the Spurs to give Aldridge the max unless they can find someone to take Splitter. They also can't re-sign Green if they get Aldridge. They could also get rid of Diaw, but I honestly think that would be a bad move. Aldridge is a much better player, but Diaw is a perfect Spurs player.

The problem with pairing Aldridge and Duncan is that they will eventually run into a team that goes small (Golden State) and they won't be able to guard an undersized 4 on the perimeter. I don't think it's an ideal pairing.

The Spurs real problem last year was Tony Parker. Two years ago he was a top 10-15 player in the NBA. He sucked last year in the playoffs. If the decline was temporary and related to injuries, they will be back and can win a title. If the decline is permanent, it's all over.
    He wasn't a #2. Aldridge will never win a title. Ever. As a 1 2 3 4 or 5.

I clearly won. It's over. Pop the cork
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Tequilla said:

To win titles, you need a lot of great players surrounding you. Pau was clearly a huge factor on the success of those Lakers teams.

It will be very interesting to see where the NBA consolidates over the next 1-2 weeks. I can see a world where some of the teams we've looked at being highly successful in the past 5-10 years are on the outside looking in.

It would not shock me to see the Lakers in a very good place within a week.

Disagree about the Lakers. They will get someone and be better, but still not close to being able to beat Golden State or OKC (if Durant is healthy).