Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Would you trade Petersen for Harbaugh?

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,237
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
edited June 2015 in Hardcore Husky Board

Would you trade Petersen for Harbaugh? 70 votes

Yes
65%
DerekJohnsonTierbsHsotBoobsRaceBannonHouhuskyjecornelwhlinderdigitsCaptainPJBennyBeaverHuskyJWMeekRaccoonHarryRoadDawg55HeretoBeatmyChestCuntWaffledhdawgPurpleJAtomicDawg79smoothdawgDennis_DeYoung 46 votes
No
34%
SwayePurpleBazeMisterEmRavennaDawgThe_UndertakerTequillaOZONEsarktasticHUSKYFANATICHFNYSarkinghamDooglesCSEDawgpawzGrundleStiltzkinwhatshouldicareaboutBayDawgkh83BabsGilbyTawdTyEwaDawg 24 votes

Comments

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    No
    I think they are both proven winners, but I think should they win big here Peterman would have more staying power. So I went with him. If he only wins 6 games this year, fuck him and I change my vote.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    No
    What Grundle said.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,717
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Yes
    In my version of the hypothetical I assumed that the reason Harbaugh was even at UW was because for some reason he wanted to coach here for a long time. That is the only way he could have ended up back in college ball after being inexplicably pushed out at SF.

Michigan is very lucky they stumbled into him after royally fucking up their program over the last 15 years.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,724
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Yes
    Ravenna needs to see a championship
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    Yes
    Harbaugh would probably turn the team and administration around quicker. But I think he's also looking to get back to the NFL ASAP. I don't think Peterson will leave UW unless he gets fired.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Yes
    Abso fucking lutely.

And I am a huge CCP fan.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,527
    Standard Supporter
    No
    I hear you and my hope is that Strausser's preference for bigger OL (vs what Tuff Guy Coz liked) will bring more smash. Same with multiple TEs since UW has Perkins, Daniels, and Ajamu to use.

Harbaugh brings the energy, sizzle, and name to a program now but Petersen is a better fit culturally and in terms of staying power. The last time UW had a coach longer than 6 seasons was Don James and I could see Harbaugh jumping ship to the NFL after 3 or 4 seasons while I see Petersen retiring from UW in 10-15 years.

Harbaugh is football the right way. Smash mouth, fuck 'em.

I love him deeply.

Pete is in the same tier though.

• Options
    RavennaDawgRavennaDawg Member Posts: 846
    Name Dropper Photogenic 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    No

For the entertainment value alone. Plus, he'd go out of his way to piss off the Cuogs and Ducks. And eventually beat Oregon more than once every 11 years.

And the 12s. Which would be awesome.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    I'll take both.... ABUNDANCE!

I love Comrade Petersen, so it is hard for me to say this, but I would probably trade him for Harbaugh (assuming Harbaugh stays as long as I think Petersen would, which is a long time).

I can see both sides of the argument, I actually think Petersen will prove in year 3 that he can turn around a program but I KNOW Harbaugh can do that right now.

Either way, both are one of the very few elite coaches out there.

Now I changed my mind, I like Petersen a lot and I don't have to worry about him getting fired for beating a player and causing mass lawsuits.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,717
    Yes
    HFNY said:

I hear you and my hope is that Strausser's preference for bigger OL (vs what Tuff Guy Coz liked) will bring more smash. Same with multiple TEs since UW has Perkins, Daniels, and Ajamu to use.

Harbaugh brings the energy, sizzle, and name to a program now but Petersen is a better fit culturally and in terms of staying power. The last time UW had a coach longer than 6 seasons was Don James and I could see Harbaugh jumping ship to the NFL after 3 or 4 seasons while I see Petersen retiring from UW in 10-15 years.

Harbaugh is football the right way. Smash mouth, fuck 'em.

I love him deeply.

Pete is in the same tier though.

Harbaugh is idolized in Ann Arbor. Why on earth would he want to go back to the NFL where he got run out of town after making the NFC Championship 3 times in 4 years?

It is obvious he is having the time of his life right now. Look at the pictures of him competing shirtless at that satellite camp. You think this guy is itching to leave that?

Harbaugh is the next Saban.
  • Options
    RavennaDawgRavennaDawg Member Posts: 846
    Name Dropper Photogenic 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    No
    I think Jimmy will go back to NFL in the next 5 years. I think CP stays here for 10+ if he's winning and doesn't get run.

Also, as a niner fan, I couldn't stomach anymore of that douche running a football team I love.