Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Tequilla Observations

Comments

• LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,311
    Baby empermannn!
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    No way is Browning ready.

This is KJ's team.
    OL Struggling mightily . Strausser has his work cut out for him
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,726
    There isn't a qb right now
    Agree BallSacked. He had the best burs5 but this OL is in trouble. RB also is awful. Washington and MAYBE Dotson. Everyone else is dreck. Let's hope Gaskin is a player
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Hopefully the DL is actually good and not just looking good because the OL is such a dreckfest.
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,311
    edited April 2015

Hopefully the DL is actually good and not just looking good because the OL is such a dreckfest.

This is why I fucking love the spring preview

#teamglasshalfempty
  • CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    Backup OL got a lot of work in the team settings today, that was ugly.
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,797
    Tequilla said:

I think we can all agree that Lindy is probably not doing more than playing a specific role.

Agreed. Starting QB is a role.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

No idea what Tequilla was watching.

He posted about Browning at 11:59am. So he was literally watching warm ups.
    I was watching warm-ups. Didn't see any of the team session stuff.

Browning looks like a guy that should be the QB down the road ...

I think I've also been on record as saying that he should RS if he's not clearly the best option.

Magna Carta's release is so low that it really gives me some massive concern.

Regardless of who the QB is this year, it should be a 70%+ running team this year.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,580 Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Jesus man, I could look like a fucking Heisman winning QB during warmups and I played receiver in high school.

Making these type of judgements after watching a guy throw some routes is beyond TequillaFS

• NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    edited April 2015
    Tequilla said:

I think I've also been on record as saying that he should RS if he's not clearly the best option.

Regardless of who the QB is this year, it should be a 70%+ running team this year.
    He is my issue, if they are equivalent in the Fall, which is highly probable, then you start the youngster just like at every other school in D1 who is worth a shit. It's not like the 2 QB's we have are lighting it on fckn fire like some here seem to think, "improved" is the new catch phrase i know. If he sucks you move on to the next. Again, I will go back to a passing qb who didn't look like he was ready but progressed rapidly with some of the non teachable intangibles, like pocket presence, football IQ and touch. Christian Hackenberg at PSU gained confidence very rapidly and had some decent Qb's in front of him. He gained momentum and was better off by playing than sitting. Granted he suffered a sophomore slump, but he almost won the Ohio State game by himself and will be a top 10 draft pick after next season. What would be the purpose of wasting a redshirt season again? Save it for injury

Freshman QB's who had great success early:
    Jeffrey Godfrey UCF
    Terrelle Pryor Ohio State
    Matt Barkley USC
    Kevin Kolb Houston
    Robert Griffin Baylor
    Tyrod Taylor Virginia Tech
    Nate Davis Ball State
    Spencer Keith Kent State

Freshman QB's who weren't stellar but had great college careers and /or high draft selections:
    Jimmy Clausen Notre Dame
    Teddy Bridgewater University of Louisville
    Braxton Miller Ohio State
    Chad Henne Michigan
    Matthew Stafford University of Georgia
    Brady Quinn Notre Dame
    Josh Freeman Kansas State University

Now I can imagine that these teams who started true freshman had QB who were much worse than Lindy and Magna, and it may be a true stretch to think a player who passed for 17,000 yards in 3 seasons, 229 TD's to 40 TD's and completed 1191 out of 1708 passes may be good enough to pick up the college game faster than the average Freshman.
    IF he's not ready now (the guy should be fucking the prom queen, not taking part Spring practice) you get him ready. Seriously, if Petersen is who we thought he was, Browning will be ready to play this season, because the options do not look great for him to sit and watch Lindy or Magna loose 6-8 games.
    Play Browning and let Skinny and others know you are ready to play a true freshman if he has it.
  • CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    Tequilla said:

Regardless of who the QB is this year, it should be a 81% running team this year.
    are you knew here?
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685

Tequilla said:

He is my issue, if they are equivalent in the Fall, which is highly probable, then you start the youngster just like at every other school in D1 who is worth a shit. It's not like the 2 QB's we have are lighting it on fckn fire like some here seem to think, "improved" is the new catch phrase i know. If he sucks you move on to the next. Again, I will go back to a passing qb who didn't look like he was ready but progressed rapidly with some of the non teachable intangibles, like pocket presence, football IQ and touch. Christian Hackenberg at PSU gained confidence very rapidly and had some decent Qb's in front of him. He gained momentum and was better off by playing than sitting. Granted he suffered a sophomore slump, but he almost won the Ohio State game by himself and will be a top 10 draft pick after next season. What would be the purpose of wasting a redshirt season again? Save it for injury

Jeffrey Godfrey UCF
    Matt Barkley USC
    Kevin Kolb Houston
    Robert Griffin Baylor
    Nate Davis Ball State
    Spencer Keith Kent State

Freshman QB's who weren't stellar but had great college careers and /or high draft selections:
    Jimmy Clausen Notre Dame
    Chad Henne Michigan
    Brady Quinn Notre Dame

Now I can imagine that these teams who started true freshman had QB who were much worse than Lindy and Magna, and it may be a true stretch to think a player who passed for 17,000 yards in 3 seasons, 229 TD's to 40 TD's and completed 1191 out of 1708 passes may be good enough to pick up the college game faster than the average Freshman.
    IF he's not ready now (the guy should be fucking the prom queen, not taking part Spring practice) you get him ready. Seriously, if Petersen is who we thought he was, Browning will be ready to play this season, because the options do not look great for him to sit and watch Lindy or Magna loose 6-8 games.
    Play Browning and let Skinny and others know you are ready to play a true freshman if he has it.
    Doogs hate facts, but good chit nonetheless!
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,717 Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

Jeffrey Godfrey UCF
    Matt Barkley USC
    Kevin Kolb Houston
    Robert Griffin Baylor
    Nate Davis Ball State
    Spencer Keith Kent State

Jimmy Clausen Notre Dame
    Chad Henne Michigan
    Brady Quinn Notre Dame

If Petersen is who we thought he is, then all 3 QBs should be ready to play this season, especially KJCS who already has a year in the program.