Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Is Kim Grinolds still claiming Petersen can't recruit in the Pac-12?

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,537 Founders Club
Inquiring minds wanna know.

Comments

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Getting OL that Oregon didn't want proves nothing ... or so I anticipate the response going.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,716 Swaye's Wigwam
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    Awfully warm for February.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    edited April 2015
    Kim never claimed Peterman can't recruit in the Pac-12... he said he can't recruit *at this level*

Some of you need to learn the difference.
  • insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    Kim is accusing Petersen and his staff of favoring the players they recruited over Sark’s recruits. Of course he throws in the caveat at the end that this is perfectly normal (although he never blasted Sark for doing the same thing to Ty’s recruits).
    He also says Pete still has a long ways to go with recruiting

Kim is accusing Petersen and his staff of favoring the players they recruited over Sark’s recruits. Of course he throws in the caveat at the end that this is perfectly normal (although he never blasted Sark for doing the same thing to Ty’s recruits).

This would be a good time to remind Kim better athletes usually surpass inferior athletes over time, regardless of coach... and that no, spewing this doesn't justify ripping people off $11/month.
  • fauxdawgmanfauxdawgman Member Posts: 218
    Plenty of twisting and character assassination going on here. We've come to expect it from this board. =;
  • Fecal_MatterFecal_Matter Member Posts: 330
    @DerekJohnson here is a quote from Griswold today:

"Pete still has a lot to prove when it comes to recruiting."
  • biak1biak1 Member Posts: 4,091

Tequilla said:

Getting OL that Oregon didn't want proves nothing ... or so I anticipate the response going.

What about OL that Sark want?

I regret that I have but one awesome to give.
    edited April 2015
    A “new” poster just made a post that eerily echoes Kim’s posts about Eason. He complains that CP should have offered him earlier and that he really screwed up. Naturally he gets berated by other posters and then Kim comes to the thread to defend his new champion. Tells everyone that the new poster is entitled to his opinion and ppl need to stop being uber sensitive. How many times have we seen this same scenario play out?
    Why does Kim or 'new' poster not take skinny at his word? Do they and others of their ilk get off on accusing a kid who is making a major cross country decision, at such a young age, a liar?

What if somebody started stalking his kid???... making up shit that causes undue stress???... fucking up their life???... subjecting them to the same public treatment???
  • BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279

Why does Kim or 'new' poster not take skinny at his word? Do they and others of their ilk get off on accusing a kid who is making a major cross country decision, at such a young age, a liar?

What if somebody started stalking his kid???... making up shit that causes undue stress???... fucking up their life???... subjecting them to the same public treatment???

I find it surprising that SCark never really made a run at Eason. I know UCLA is trying with Skinny, but haven't heard anything with SC. Maybe someone should point that out to Kimberly. It's not like Sark is killing it right now with Qb recruiting anyway.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,128
    Some light reading:

"As I've said many times before, those on the extremes seem to be the loudest and garner the most attention, while the most reasonable get ignored. There are a few out here who jump out of their shoes if there's anything negative directed towards Pete. There are also a few who are just angry, pissed off, and are overly emotional with their criticism.

What I see, and get the most complaints about, is when somebody is rational, reasonable, etc, and gets bullied by a few. Uber sensitive, over the top, hero worship.....maybe. But some out here have a very difficult time expressing themselves without making things personal and going over the top. Unfortunately, they also garner the most attention"

"Some of you need to lighten up a bit and learn to ignore some stuff. There are many out here who don't read EVERYTHING. We have subscribers who rarely visit the boards.

Lighten up a bit. Sometimes rolling your eyes or ignoring is more effective. "

"There's only a few posters and fans who used the word " can't " It's funny how some pay attention to a few on the extremes.

I'm comfortable in saying that most, not all, felt Pete could, but still had to prove he could compete with the big boys. He's off to a good start this year, but by no means, is he where he wants to be.....yet.There's still a long ways to go. And for the uber sensitive, that's not bashing Pete or being anti Pete. The coaches pretty much feel the same way. I think by making a post like this, you're giving credit to a very small minority and making it a much bigger deal than it actually is."

"And to be real clear, I, not anybody on the staff has used the word " can't " when it comes to Pete and recruiting. Pete still has a lot to prove when it comes to recruiting. The process he's implemented is in no way a finished product. It's well under way, but by no means finished. I don't believe for a minute he's peaked in what he can do on the field or recruiting. Now some may take that the wrong way, but let's be honest, he can do a lot better. That's not an indictment of what he's doing. There's still a long ways to go. He's off to a good start this year. But he still has to finish. That doesn't mean he won't. "

"To be real honest, It's that mountain out of a mole hill thing. Very, very few posters out here casted doubt, said he couldn't, or wouldn't be able to. A number said he needed to prove he could. A number said he had to do better than he did at BSU. Some raised their eyebrows on some of the recruits. All of those are a far cry of saying he couldn't had doubts etc. I think some out here are uber sensitive when it comes to Pete. I think some twist things and misinterpret what they read. And I think some pay attention to a vocal minority and make them seem much bigger than they truly are.

This so called " myth " is truly a myth ;-)"

"Every coach is building for long term success. I think most expected better last year as well as building for long term success. I think they could have won a few more games last year that could have helped in the building of long term success. 10 wins would have created a lot more buzz around the program and helped recruiting. There were easily 2 more wins on the schedule last year.

Again, I think Pete can do it. But he still has a lot to prove and he will until he wins consistently at UW. It's only been one year and one recruiting class that you can actually count."

• MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    why is it when I wander over to look at the Dawgman bored it's polluted with Off-Topic threads, yet the one thread about Sark's divorce got moved immediately?